Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am going to discuss why men have it so much harder in society. There are a myriad of reasons as to why this is the case. Actually, this isn't what this topic is about, I don't really care about any of that. I'd rather just see how many people read the topic and maybe a sentence and then comment angrily.

That being said, lets talk about the use of mood stabilizing drugs, that can be the topic I guess. Are you for the use of drugs like Prozac? Do you think it is okay for people to use drugs for the purpose of helping anxiety and depression issues? What about adderal and ritalin? Do you feel that there are cases where kids legitimately need to use these?

And that is why men have it so much harder, thanks.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
I guess if it helps a person sort through their problems, it's fine. It's their decision anyway.
As a kid I had to take a crap ton of medicines. I think people need to temper their greed and prescribe kids medications because they legitimately need those medications, and not because those medications make hella bank, or because it's more convenient to medicate a kid and forget about it than deal with the headache of trying to actually work with them. I think they should be pretty hesitant to medicate kids and should do it only after other options have failed.

Chantilly Bunny's Partner

Shy Kitten

13,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I think some drugs are certainly over-prescribed, but there are still many legitimate cases in which medication is highly effective in mediating their condition. Some people go to the doctor expecting a prescription for a condition they may or may not have (ex: ADHD in children), and I think some doctors just take the easy way out and prescribe the meds to make a buck and make them go away rather than taking the time to really examine it.

Benevolent Smoker

Tesarus Weasels
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't know. I like being a man. Women can have it really ewsy if they want. They can literrealy just put out and get taken care of for life.

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

I don't see why not, it's not hurting anyone.
Curtis Freley
I don't know. I like being a man. Women can have it really ewsy if they want. They can literrealy just put out and get taken care of for life.

You are amazing.

Girl

Do you feel that there are cases where kids legitimately need to use these?
Unless it's something really severe, I don't like the idea of giving kids medication. They're still growing and meds are more likely to harm them over time cause their bodies are much more sensitive to them. I think ADHD is generally over diagnosed and it seems a lot of parents are giving their children meds for that instead of taking the time to actually parent them.
Namekuji no Baka
Curtis Freley

You are amazing.

tank you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas