Welcome to Gaia! ::

I saw a post about why life sucks, and I wrote this. But I realise no one is really going to read it in that thread or appreciate it. Feel free to post your own stories of why life is worth living, worth experiencing and worth every last ounce of pain. No matter what it throws at you.

EDIT:
To anyone who has a story to post, I'd really appreciate it if you could. I think there needs to be more faces behind the survivors of tragedies compared to the faces of the victims.

Even if it's long, I at least would like to hear them. This is what the Life Discussion forum really should be for in my opinion.

~*****~ My Story ~*****~

In this past year, my relationship with my girlfriend disintegrated, it hit 2 years before we broke it off. She was my best friend, but in the end she stopped respecting me and became selfish.

All of my friends moved away to go to university, and the few others I had left were all mutual friends she and I had in common.

I spent the summer working in a lab, and I barely got to talk to anyone for the entire time. My social life diminished to 3 online friends. I got to see live people three weekends of the entire summer.

I end up in a party residence at university, and since I don't drink I've been almost entirely alienated. The sunday a week and a half ago my best friend died from a genetically inherited disease at the age of 18. Last saturday I buried him and had to see my ex girlfriend again.

Right now I just finished studying 4 hours for my exam tomorrow, and now I'm 1 hour into studying for the other exam I have tomorrow. The day after his funeral I had to work 8 solid hours on a 13 page report we were given a week to do because I couldn't concentrate thinking about what had happened.

But my friend taught me one thing if nothing else:

NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU THINK IT IS, SOMEONE ELSE HAS IT WORSE AND HAS A BIGGER SMILE ON THEIR FACE.

I always see people whining about why life hurts them more than others. And I'm just not in the mood to hear people complaining right now. I'm not, even though one of the people I know at university was nearly crying over how my life was "horrible", and I'm not complaining one bit. Yes we all die in the end, but that means we only get one shot at this.

Why not make it count?
Angel of Mercy, how did you find me?

I love you.

I agree, I make sure I'm always smiling no matter what happens. I love to smile. I don't like it when things get to me. So I don't let them. :3

Where did you read my story?
well done....I'd post back with my own story, but there's a danger it'd be very very long....
Some people like to b***h about it because it helps them get along. Things just need to come out of your system. But I prefer to get up, shovel s**t in fate's face, and play the latest videogame. Simply because we only have 1 life - I ain't gonna stop until I drop. I like Halo.
I totally agree. My life story is too long to post. Sometimes life does suck (and big time in my case). But, I do realize that there are a lot of people that have life a lot worse than I do. So, I just do what makes me happy and try to stop worrying about the bad things. There are better things to do with my life than worry.
Sorry to hear about your sad life. It's amazing that one such as you can remain optimistic without finding wrist slashing as a last resort.
We've been through it all, just some people take it differently than others. It just takes the people like us who've been through tough times to show those who cannot handle it how good life can actually be because we understand each other.
Wow that was a long sentence... If it makes any sense...

Anyway, kudos for you for standing up like this. I've thought about doing it millions of times but I don't like to put my situations out in the open too much.
-Ladeh No Name-

I love you.

I agree, I make sure I'm always smiling no matter what happens. I love to smile. I don't like it when things get to me. So I don't let them. :3

i can't help but wondering, would you be smiling if you were so brutally raped that you got paralyzed? :]
That's all fine and dandy, but the whole "NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU THINK IT IS, SOMEONE ELSE HAS IT WORSE AND HAS A BIGGER SMILE ON THEIR FACE" seems like an awfully shitty reason to get on with life - it seems to me to be a guilt trip.
Dr Pen0r
-Ladeh No Name-

I love you.

i can't help but wondering, would you be smiling if you were so brutally raped that you got paralyzed? :]
Depends, are her face muscles paralyzed?
Contagious Cure
Dr Pen0r
-Ladeh No Name-

I love you.

HAHA!
yes they are mad :]
Dr Pen0r
Contagious Cure
Dr Pen0r
-Ladeh No Name-

I love you.

HAHA!
yes they are mad :]

Well then obviously she won't be smiling. dramallama
My young friend. You must no matter what happens LIVE ON! Have the determination, no matter what pain. Yes this world suffers, you may have a bad life currently. Or it might get wrose, but stick it up until the end. Do your best, never let that determination to live die out. Even when your currten calls still have that determination. It is all worth it in the end. You have a purpose my friend.
Make 'it' count for what?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces