Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
mmk, this is prolly more of a rant than anything else, but why is it that when i come home to eat, because its one of the only times i get to, my parents start making comments on my weight. im not fat. i know im not. im about 5'4", maybe about 175lbs, but most of it is just muscle. i look maybe 135-150lbs at the most. my parents want me down to 120lbs. i would be pretty much anorexic for that to ever happen. i mean honestly, im not overweight, and the first thing my parents do is tell me how im gaining weight. that im growing bigger. asking me if im preggers when they know that i wouldnt be stupid enough and would tell them if i am. i love my dad dearly but i think he's going too far with this. i was making breakfast theh other day before work, and the first thing he tells me is how my stomach's getting bigger. >< im just really sick of this. i keep thinking that this is how the people who have eating disorders start them like this, and how i have no clue how come i dont have one. but anyways, does anyone else have this same damn problem that i do?
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

this is at the request of others, i am not seeking attention or compliments. i dont think im overweight. i think im about average. also some new background, i did wrestling for two years, so thats where my muscle came from. lol

Invisible Member

my mum used to call me fat and eveyrone at school accuses me of being too skinny i dont know what to think ><

6,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
My mom does the same thing your dad does, it feels really awful.

To be honest, 175 is overweight for your height. Not over-fat, which is what you would actually have to worry about, but if you're mostly muscle, then it's not really an issue. Tell your parents to shut up, because they're making you feel bad, and if your doctor hasn't mentioned any potential health issues because of your weight, then it's not something they should even mention, because it's not their business.
Ignore them. Your parents are being stupid. neutral

My family does strange things. They keep telling me I'm fat as well, but the moment I start losing weight they push for me to eat more. I'm 5'6 and 125lbs.... and I really, really have a hard time losing weight when I'm not allowed to miss meals with my family and I keep getting food piled on my plate as well as not allowed to leave unless I've eaten at least two bowls of rice.
Ignore them. My parents used to do that to me and it ended up having the opposite affect. I became so conscious about it and kept trying to diet that I ended up gaining about 50 pounds and didn't realize it.
The stress they give me keeps it on. IGNORE THEM!
I'm not anorexic at all neutral I'm 5'3 and I'm 105 lbs. but anyway, your dad probably worries a lot about you. It's nice to know there are parents like that that actually show they care. The only time it's bad is when they give you names and try to make you feel miserable about your weight like calling their child elephant, hippo or whatever and making fun of them with others daily That's different and by hearing you say that you love your dad dearly I'm sure he means well. But, if it really bothers you, maybe you should try and tell your dad whats up and If you're not sure about your weight whether it's healthy for you or not or you want to prove to your dad that you're perfectly fine, you should go to your doctor or pediatrician and have him/her check your bmi or something
you should just smack them up side the head and try and find something that their sensitive about and tell them...
If they are putting you down and making you feel bad about yourself, that is a problem. You either need to have a serious talk with them or get someone else involved. If you don't think your fat, then explain that to your parents and let them know how much it hurts you. It is not okay for anyone, no matter who, to put someone else down. No one has the right to make you feel bad about yourself, dont put up with it. You are beautiful no matter your size or shape. Numbers aren't as important as people make them out to be.
Ask them to stop about your weight. I'm 5'4" as well and weigh in at 165lbs. I look around 130-140ish. domokun After I started ignoring my parents comments that I weigh the same as my step dad they shut up about it. In fact, my Mom told my I'm nicer to hug than my really skinny sister because I feel like a teddy bear. I love the way I look. That's all that counts.. right?
PEWPEWROAR
my mum used to call me fat and eveyrone at school accuses me of being too skinny i dont know what to think ><

sad

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
cuz the human mind is never pleased for long
we all want something else
and once we cant find other things
we look at ourselves
yeah...my dad called me fat as a house. and glares at me every time i eat anything that isn't healthy...and the last time i visited my grandmother she poked my stomach and told me i was getting fat. honestly...how does making me feel self conscious and unattractive help me to lose weight...especially when I already have pretty low confidence levels (mostly shy and nervous around people, some confidence but not a lot) I'm not even very overweight in the first place...and even if I am it's my own damn business! I don't see why they seem to think it's a problem... grr! xd
I wish I'd had the same problem growing up. I had the opposite... Rather, my parents never once made any effort to keep me from getting overweight, and I ended up being quite heavy. FAT, fat, I ended up being quite fat. Yeah, but I'm working on it.
I would recommend getting your bmi checked. If you're not fat, you need to tell your parents to shut up about it.

4,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
Cyutiepickle
I'm not anorexic at all neutral I'm 5'3 and I'm 105 lbs. but anyway, your dad probably worries a lot about you. It's nice to know there are parents like that that actually show they care. The only time it's bad is when they give you names and try to make you feel miserable about your weight like calling their child elephant, hippo or whatever and making fun of them with others daily That's different and by hearing you say that you love your dad dearly I'm sure he means well. But, if it really bothers you, maybe you should try and tell your dad whats up and If you're not sure about your weight whether it's healthy for you or not or you want to prove to your dad that you're perfectly fine, you should go to your doctor or pediatrician and have him/her check your bmi or something

XD thats kinda sad, cuz my dad tells me that i have elephunte beine....=elephant legs....the thing is with this is that i do tell my dad that im not fat. i argue with him lol. and it fails...miserably...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff