Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

ve mate but not okay for an average looking girl to want someone pleasing to the eye?

I was reading some article by this guy about how mediocre looking girls are all insecure but then he goes on to say "But one should not have sympathy for the female mediocre lot: they should get their standards in line with reality and choose a mate whose looks are as average as hers."
I've seen this same type of thing often, and always aimed at girls. You never hear anyone tell mediocre looking guys that they are wrong for wanting a hot girl or someone out of his league physically. You never hear people tell a guy to look in the mirror and only date women as average looking as him.

Dapper Gaian

stopbanningme123
i read some where that women were asked to rate people on dating sites, and they had a calculation for how many should be average and they didnt get anywhere near that number, and thought everyone was ugly,

I think you're referring to the okcupid thing. But they went ahead and messaged a lot of those guys anyway. In that same article, it said 2/3 of the guys message only top 1/3 of women, leaving 2/3 of women on that site largely overlooked.
ughh i was reading an article about this very topic a week or so ago and it pissed me off

because men are socially conditioned to think that they are superior just by their gender, and therefore, it is more socially acceptable for them to 'reel in' a more attractive partner

on the other hand,

women are conditioned to be selected based on their looks; for them to achieve anything higher than what they are perceived to be is taboo

it's basically the principle that women are made to be selected, not to select

Dapper Gaian

Solanage
ughh i was reading an article about this very topic a week or so ago and it pissed me off

because men are socially conditioned to think that they are superior just by their gender, and therefore, it is more socially acceptable for them to 'reel in' a more attractive partner

on the other hand,

women are conditioned to be selected based on their looks; for them to achieve anything higher than what they are perceived to be is taboo

it's basically the principle that women are made to be selected, not to select

It's ******** up.
Do you remember the article title? Or could you post a link?
At the end of the day it's you choosing what you want in a partner. Nobody else.
Doesn't bother me at all.

Dapper Gaian

TheToXicWaltZ
Where have you been for the past years? I see it DAILY on gaia and real life. Mediocre women being proud that they only ******** "gorgeous men", and then they complain about their divorce procedures; but thats a different story. Sounds like your original post is from '03 or something.

It isn't. It's a very recent thing I came across. I also see it a lot anytime a girl has any trouble finding a bf and asks for help. A lot of the males assume she is ugly and aiming too high, I mean how dare she? Meanwhile let's give some helpful advice to an average guy on how to be confident in himself in order to attract women.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
na screw that
EVERYONE oughta aim up
Nope its the other way round. Fat ugly entitled bitches be everywhere these days. Don't you know it's misogynistic to not be attracted to a powerful strong land whale?

Dapper Gaian

TheToXicWaltZ
penne alla vodka
TheToXicWaltZ
Where have you been for the past years? I see it DAILY on gaia and real life. Mediocre women being proud that they only ******** "gorgeous men", and then they complain about their divorce procedures; but thats a different story. Sounds like your original post is from '03 or something.

It isn't. It's a very recent thing I came across. I also see it a lot anytime a girl has any trouble finding a bf and asks for help. A lot of the males assume she is ugly and aiming too high, I mean how dare she? Meanwhile let's give some helpful advice to an average guy on how to be confident in himself in order to attract women.

I have not seen that. I mean that really does sound like some retro s**t. Have you not heard of the campaigns? How about the handful of LD regs that are pushing for women only settling on attractive men? I am about feeling that this discussion is useless and im being trolled because p***y has always and will always be forever gold. Damn I could spit that s**t on the MF DOOM beat on your profile. For real though. What you're saying is insane. An ugly woman is still worth the most attractive males time simply because of her anatomy. I have NEVER seen a woman settle for an ugly guy. They always shoot above and beyond with success.

Have you ever stepped outside of your house before?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff