Welcome to Gaia! ::

uhmmm ok I want to be honest here.

Growing up I was bullied all the time, I've always been the short kid .... so some guys picked on me and even girls made fun of me... it was pretty much the same way when I got to junior high.
Until the day I actually had enough, and I had this violent reaction to one of my bullies...

long story short It was a HUGE mess we both ended up injured, he got the worse cause while we were fighting he fell from a stair case and injured his spine... he can't walk now.

Obviously I felt guilty for "ruining" his life, and getting my self into a lot of troubles and lots of bullshit, but now I also see that standing up and facing the consequences of doing such a thing its just part of growing up.

don't know... those are just my 2 cents

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Why hello there victim blaming OP!

It's people with attitudes like that which lead to children and teenagers blaming themselves and feeling shame instead of understanding it's not their fault that someone is harming them.

May you kindly sit on a pile of rusty nails until you realize that blaming the victim instead of the abuser fixes absolutely nothing.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image All the lawsuits

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
It's getting so much attention now because people are weak and are killing themselves because of it.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
A lot of the problem is that the authorities (teachers) tell kids to ignore it. Then when the person being bullied finally stands up for themselves, THEY get in trouble.

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
TigerLilyChick
It's getting so much attention now because people are weak and are killing themselves because of it.

Attempting suicide is a serious cry for help, and that fact that it's considered weak to be pushed to that breaking point is one of many reasons why victims of bullying have trouble getting or receiving help.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I wish My life was an afterschool special too where standing up for yourself and using s**t like words and all that crap meant something to some of these kids. So now people are saying that these kids and their parents should be held responsible. What the hell is wrong with that?

Fashionable Shopper

I Shall Give You NoMercy
sexhale69

, for those kids who were severely bullied. . .why didn't you tell the teacher or your parent? Surely if kids were bullying you to the point where all you can see in this world is darkness and sorrow, then you should tell your parents or even involve the police because then it would harassment --- AND BOOM. . .problem solved. Nobody ever bothers you again. Problems like this can be solved with a quick punch to the face and a ******** you.

Most teachers don't do anything and don't give a crap. In my elementary school, unless you were beaten an inch from your life and bleeding from all orifices, no one would help you and you'd have to a handle it on your own.
Even if you were sent death threats and stalked like me and friends did, nothing would happen to the bully unless they touched you.
Some also refuse to listen and blame the victim, kinda like what you're doing.

And thanks to the ~*problem solving~* no tolerance policy, if you defend yourself by hitting back, you'll likely be suspended. The American education system at its finest.

Quote:
The problem about bullying is not the bully, it's the fact that kids refuse to stand up for themselves, and instead feel sorry for themselves. Instead of ******** people up like how adults/kids did back in the day, they cry about it.

Well aren't you a little golden ray of sunshine.
Tell me, much snow fall does your nose get for being constantly stuck up so high?

It's worse than that. They charge kids now for defending themselves against the bully. They go juvie now.

I'm against bullying. I was 'teased' as some people call it. However, it was constant. I had my dress shredded at a birthday party sleepover. I woke up and my dress was just in pieces. These were girls from school. I was chased around the playground and told that I'd be beat up if I stopped running. This was torture. I have exercise induced asthma and a heart problem. They would ask me stuff like if I was a virgin. Even as a 5th grader I had no idea what that meant. Of course I said no because they were asking me. They thought it was fun to relentlessly ask me s**t and then laugh at my answers. They'd call me names and so on. It was until I left because I could no longer take their crap since it was everyday from kindergarten until 6th grade when I managed to get out.

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I think its getting to be a big deal now because more kids are taking their lives because of being bullied rather than not letting it get to them. What happened to sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me? Some yes they need help but others did it just because of some name calling. We seem to care too much about what others think of us. As long as you have your friends who cares what others think. Though the internet doesn't really help. As kids we just had hallway name calling from classmates, today on the other hand.

The other problem stems from when you TRY and stand up for yourself you get in trouble. Did you hear about the kid who recorded being bullied but instead of the bullies getting in trouble HE got in trouble instead. [Link]

Im against bullying but also at the same time depending on how bad it is a kid needs to learn to brush it off. Just same name calling, brush it off. I was teased about things I liked as a teen and i brushed it off. Who cares what they think. I had my group of friends I didnt feel like making others like me too, if they didnt like what I liked then ******** them.

Dapper Pup

Well you see, when you've got kids killing themselves because just standing up to a bully doesn't work or you know, no one takes them seriously, it becomes a pretty big concern for everyone.

sexhale69
I don't condone bullying, but---

Everything that comes after the but is irrelevant.

kahono's Senpai

Spacey Nymph

Wow okay first off ******** you. Second ******** you.
Now that that's out of my system, have you been bullied? Do you know what it's like to go to the ******** teachers/parents/principals/boss/etc and have them not give a flying ********?
Kids ******** kill themselves because of it.
Just because it happens doesn't make it alright. Teach your shitbag kid not to be a ******** a*****e instead of telling the other to toughen up. The world doesn't have to be so cruel.

Dedicated Student

''Why didn't you tell the teacher or your parent? Surely if kids were bullying you to the point where all you can see in this world is darkness and sorrow, then you should tell your parents or even involve the police because then it would harassment --- AND BOOM. . .problem solved. Nobody ever bothers you again. Problems like this can be solved with a quick punch to the face and a ******** you.''

Maybe because this doesn't work?

Dangerous Millionaire

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It's because it became sad to see people unable to defend themselves.
Not only that but people commit suicide.

I agree with you on why now?!?
This s**t should have happened years ago, many many years ago!
Im against bullying. So I guess it's better late than never!

Lonely Lunatic

People are made to feel that violence is bad, thus fighting in any sense is bad. Because kids are raised to not fight rather then know how to and when it's appropriate. So they feel lost when *using their words* don't work.

Current civilization wants submissive worker bee's who vent themselves through purchasing material goods. Fighting is uncivilized and savage, as if we are made to think fighting is ok, we may fight back against things we think are not OK, and for todays mentality that's not OK.

So they blame the bully rather then the reason the bully is acting out or the victims who wont fight for their own.

Of coarse every situation is different, I could be considered a bully for giving a boy two black eyes after he gave his girlfriend, my friend, one.
Some people think that it should have been dealt with through authorities, through fines or arrests.

But my friend left him and never let anyone her again and that boy never hurt another woman again.

Lonely Lunatic

It can also be summed up to this...

Its not that's its new, its just that communication is easer now so we hear about s**t more.

"same s**t different time"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces