Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's not a beneficial condition, that's why. If someone is behaving especially dense/oblivious & socially awkward, they just might be autistic, & other people are liable to (not so kindly) point that out.
I use it a lot because there's a whole lot of people who use autism as an excuse for being shitty people.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
salt bear
Why is autism used as an insult?

Cultural bias towards extroversion and social competence.

Beloved Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Dunno. Being autistic has a lot of advantages. Like our attention to detail and ability to remember small, seemingly insignificant facts at a crucial moment. We excel in science and technology because of our analytical brains. It's harder to navigate the social world, but it can be done too. My brother was just diagnosed at the age of 29 and he is the smartest person I know. And you'll never meet a more devoted dad.

I've never been officially diagnosed, but I know I am. And you know what? I like the way my brain works. Screw American Idol, I am always reading up on something fascinating because reality tv and tabloids hold no appeal for me. I'd rather read on the causes of hive collapse disorder, climate change, or the properties of dark matter. Who has time for The Simple Life? Is that even still on?

In a relationship with Peekabuwu

Sex Symbol

ew bronies... kill it with fire emotion_puke

Anyways, autism isn't something you should joke around lightly. It's an actual condition that is sad. I've known autistic people in my life, i feel bad for them... I have the issues with people saying "...that's so gay" or "f**" as an insult too. ._.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
HomebrewFox
I haven't heard it used like that. It must be a more earlier generation thing.
I hear you on this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces