Welcome to Gaia! ::

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

With so many births having intersex conditions you'd think we'd have SOME form of education on it, right?

Why is there no education at all? I learned more about smallpox than this in high school -- I just don't understand.

People currently in HS: do they teach anything on it now? It's been 5 years since I went, so I'm a little dated.

Generous Poster

Why go to intersex, there isn't really even that much education about the LGBT community

i'd be impressed if 60% of high school students even know the ******** acronym

Sugary Cat

Intersex = Hermaphrodite... right?

I think its like that because its such a rare condition.

Spoopy Kitten

Surprisingly, i dont know much about the range of the condition. What is "intersex" and can i have some examples, please? Im curious but dont want the help of google images

I wish health class would talk about all parts of the LGBT+ community, honestly. It would have helped me so much through my self searching

Dapper Smoker

2,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Isn't it rare?

Spoopy Kitten

SirPuzzle
Aerachnais
With so many births having intersex conditions you'd think we'd have SOME form of education on it, right?

Why is there no education at all? I learned more about smallpox than this in high school -- I just don't understand.

People currently in HS: do they teach anything on it now? It's been 5 years since I went, so I'm a little dated.

This is all spurred on because a friend met up with my husband and I and asked if he was bisexual because of, "you know." He thought I had a p***s and v****a, this whole time. That seems to be the consensus with people's thoughts on intersex conditions, "it's both right?" gonk

With so many births?

As a percentage how many people are intersexed in the human population? I would bet it's less than 1%.

According to this page, intersex can range anywhere from a weird folded skin on the genitals, to having both genitals working and/or nonworking. In fact, 1 in 100 people have some sort of intersex condition, and most dont know they have it

Spoopy Kitten

SirPuzzle
xChibi Cannibalx
SirPuzzle
Aerachnais

This is all spurred on because a friend met up with my husband and I and asked if he was bisexual because of, "you know." He thought I had a p***s and v****a, this whole time. That seems to be the consensus with people's thoughts on intersex conditions, "it's both right?" gonk

With so many births?

As a percentage how many people are intersexed in the human population? I would bet it's less than 1%.

According to this page, intersex can range anywhere from a weird folded skin on the genitals, to having both genitals working and/or nonworking. In fact, 1 in 100 people have some sort of intersex condition, and most dont know they have it

If most don't know they have it then according to liberal logic they aren't intersex.

After all liberals are always the ones screaming "If you feel like you're a woman, then you're a woman. If you feel like you're a man, then you're a man."

Okay well if people aren't aware they have an intersex condition, then they aren't going to feel like they are intersexed. Hence it should follow by libtard logic that they then are not intersex. Therefore including these people as "intersex" is inconsistent with their regular conceptualization of how sex operates.

And before anyone says "No when we say that we're only talking about gender" maybe you do that, but I've seen a s**t load of people apply that logic to not just gender, but to sex too.

They dont need to "feel" intersex to have the condition. I wasnt aware i had asthma until i was in middle school, but that didnt mean i wasnt asthmatic, because i was/am but only to specific things. What your talking about is gender, not sex. A female can have a p***s, and a male could have a v****a. Someone genderless could have either we well. Also note, your talking to a special snowflake, and im not in the mood to debate your lack of knowledge emotion_yatta

Loiterer

It is classified as a birth defect. We get the same education on intersex people as we do with other birth defects: zero. So in this vein, there isn't anything really specifically against intersex people.

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

No, it's not 1 in 100, it's around 1 in 1500-2000 births.

I think intersex conditions are completely irrelevant to any gender argument. It's a condition, not a gender. I do however find the ignorance to the many different (or at least common) kind of intersex conditions shocking. Honestly people need a better health education in general, I knew many men who never knew they could be carriers of HPV without knowing it.

It's not about an LGBT thing. (But teaching about that and the psychology of sexuality is something we covered, maybe it's different depending on schools)

Yes it is hermaphroditism, but that's an outdated word and only applies to "true hermaphroditism," now.

I am planning on sitting back and watching the thread, but for clarity there's some answers to some questions / replies to debates ITT.

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

SirPuzzle
Aerachnais
No, it's not 1 in 100, it's around 1 in 1500-2000 births.

I think intersex conditions are completely irrelevant to any gender argument. It's a condition, not a gender. I do however find the ignorance to the many different (or at least common) kind of intersex conditions shocking. Honestly people need a better health education in general, I knew many men who never knew they could be carriers of HPV without knowing it.

It's not about an LGBT thing. (But teaching about that and the psychology of sexuality is something we covered, maybe it's different depending on schools)

Yes it is hermaphroditism, but that's an outdated word and only applies to "true hermaphroditism," now.

I am planning on sitting back and watching the thread, but for clarity there's some answers to some questions / replies to debates ITT.

Okay so let me ask you this, is intersex a type of sex yes or no?

If someone else considers themselves to be "third sex," sure, but I consider my condition a birth defect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff