Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
1. Why exactly did you decide to leave? Any specific examples?

yum_tea I decided to use my common sense and capacity for rational thought and make my own life choices, rather than letting some poorly translated, moldy old book dictate who and what I should be. Besides, the treatment of women in the Bible is simply barbaric and anyone who believes in and supports this s**t is a misogynistic a*****e, and I'm not subjecting myself to that sort of sexist bullshit.

2. Do you feel like you are being treated differently now than you were because of choices that should be left solely up to you to make? How do you deal with feeling like a disappointment, even when you are successful in every other aspect of life? Is your family even acknowledging that you made your own choice, or are they attributing it to something else (like the devil, or 'liberals')?

yum_tea I'm a liberal, feminist, panromantic asexual of nonspecific spirituality in a family and community that is mostly conservative, Christian, and heteronormative. I'm treated differently by people who become aware of this fact quite often, and I'm a disappointment to my family in just about every way imaginable; I guess over the years I've just become jaded to that fact. Fortunately, they've all long since stopped trying to get me to go to their various churches.

3. Do you sometimes find yourself missing the close knit relationships that the church provided you and the ones with your Christian family members? Do you ever miss the relationship you once felt like you had with God? How do you cope with that loss?

yum_tea Church never provided me with close-knit relationships because all those people were absolute dullards. I don't feel as if my relationship with the divine has been impacted, though I'm still a bit miffed at being one of those unlucky stiffs afflicted with mental illness. There's really no loss for me to cope with.

- As a kid I was very religious. As I grew up I learned about looking at all viewpoints. I started hanging out with people without specific religions. As I got older my morality adjusts to my lifestyle and opinions.

One time I went to church, and they kept talking about about how necessarily it is to go to mass and such. It got me thinking? 1. How does anyone know whats there or not. 2. do i really want to be apart of a group who thinks they are superior but are actually just boring over-biased older people

2. Do you feel like you are being treated differently now than you were because of choices that should be left solely up to you to make? How do you deal with feeling like a disappointment, even when you are successful in every other aspect of life? Is your family even acknowledging that you made your own choice, or are they attributing it to something else (like the devil, or 'liberals')?

My parents don't know that I don't consider myself Catholic but instead Agnostic, they do know I question faith and the commonly taught morals. If my parents knew the things I did, then I'm sure I would disappoint them greatly.

3. Do you sometimes find yourself missing the close knit relationships that the church provided you and the ones with your Christian family members? Do you ever miss the relationship you once felt like you had with God? How do you cope with that loss?

I miss praying, sometimes I still pray, to what I don't know. But I'm very thankful for what I have.

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Pink Plaid
Because i didn't believe and didn't want to fake believing any more. My family wasn't happy about it but its my life.

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Posties
Velvet Overkill
Atheist, bro.
rolleyes
Theology > Atheism

I dont care.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

8,125 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
-I decided to be more open. I didn't want to be ignorant and have God as an answer to everything,I wanted to learn more and be open minded about the different beliefs and cultures. Oh and more,I didn't want to be forced. I live in a Christian society..though I travel a lot which was also a part of opening my mind to different culture,but what really made me snap was when I met this classmate of mine from a sub-baptist church. They believed that only they will be saved,I thought she was nuts..my very first impression indeed..I never met anyone super close minded xP.. and what's more was that she forces her self-righteous beliefs onto my classmates and myself. What made me totally snap was when her dad(a pastor) mislead our school into having a seminar about the environment =/ even when they actually started to endorse their church and condemn those who thought otherwise.I started saying I'm an atheist just to annoy the heck out of them xD

2. Do you feel like you are being treated differently now than you were because of choices that should be left solely up to you to make?
-Yes,with my classmates..they became distant. They think that I'm some sort of devil worshiper..when they think that I'm either with them or against them xP even if I mean no harm at all.
How do you deal with feeling like a disappointment, even when you are successful in every other aspect of life?
-Accept it. I made the choice to believe that other beliefs and choices are acceptable. So I have to go through with the social persecution that goes with it.

Is your family even acknowledging that you made your own choice, or are they attributing it to something else (like the devil, or 'liberals')?
-My mother isn't so happy about it,but she sees me as rather liberated and out of her league.My grandmother knows,I guess..judging by the indirect insults xP

3. Do you sometimes find yourself missing the close knit relationships that the church provided you and the ones with your Christian family members?
-Not really. I found my church. That is the world biggrin haha. I accept everyone's beliefs that alone allows me to grow closer with my kind smile those who have the will to love other who are different

Do you ever miss the relationship you once felt like you had with God? How do you cope with that loss?
-It didn't disappear.I still have somewhat joys I share with a higher being. No coping needed xD

Distinct Poster

Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Atheist, bro.
rolleyes
Theology > Atheism

I dont care.
Yes you do, heathen. Not caring is impossible.

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Atheist, bro.
rolleyes
Theology > Atheism

I dont care.

I dont care if its impossible. I dont care.

Distinct Poster

Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Atheist, bro.
rolleyes
Theology > Atheism

I dont care.

But you do care if it's impossible, therefor you you do care.

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Atheist, bro.
rolleyes
Theology > Atheism

I dont care.

Jesus did everything God wanted him to.
And died a virgin.

Dying happy and virgin less as my own individual > Being nailed to wood by angry Jews

Sorry ):
because the people there were faggots.

Distinct Poster

Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill

I dont care.

And died a virgin.

Dying happy and virgin less as my own individual > Being nailed to wood by angry Jews

Sorry ):
Jesus Is God in the bible.
Jesus being the reincarnation of God and sacrificing himself for virtue lacking infidels like you has no relationship to dying happy and virgin less as my own individual. neutral

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill

I dont care.

And died a virgin.

Sorry ):
Jesus being the reincarnation of God and sacrificing himself for virtue lacking infidels like you has no relationship to dying happy and virgin less as my own individual. neutral

I don't care.

Distinct Poster

Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill
Posties
Velvet Overkill

And died a virgin.

Sorry ):

I don't care.
"Conclusively, it's impossible to not care unless you are unaware of it. but if you are unaware then you would have never know you didn't care about it." -Posties the Great Benevolent Heir

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff