Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Poster

Dolce Rogue
Because people equate being honest to being rude.
I don't often see people type this nor say this often, which is slightly disappointing to say the least.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Silver Highlights
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Because if no one is suspicious of other people at all, people will start screwing them over.Not all humans are good in nature so it is good to question some things to protect yourself and your dignity.

Who said anything about suspicion and good nature? I'm talking about simple straight forward communication.
In that case, your example was misleading.
I WAS BEING STRAIGHT FORWARD ONCE TO THE OP BUT THEN GOT REPORTED FOR TROLLING

Dedicated Loiterer

But people's assumptions are fun. It makes it so much easier to troll.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

It annoys me to no end when people take simple things and blow it out of proportion. Like the other day my bf's mom was all ready to flip a b***h because some guy asked my boyfriend how much he wanted for his crown vic. His mom just assumed that the guy was going to steal it/was trying to check out the house/planning to rob us, etc.

User ImageUser Image

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Forbidden Soul
User Image
User ImageUser Image

It annoys me to no end when people take simple things and blow it out of proportion. Like the other day my bf's mom was all ready to flip a b***h because some guy asked my boyfriend how much he wanted for his crown vic. His mom just assumed that the guy was going to steal it/was trying to check out the house/planning to rob us, etc.

User ImageUser Image

My point exactly.

Dapper Phantom

I personally am very suspicious about people's intentions. I do not think I could live a day of my life entirely unsuspecting of people. And often I am right. Often they DO have ulterior motives. Hence why I generally am not "straight-forward thinking" by your definition. However, I am also OPEN about my suspicions, so I am not manipulative. I will straight up tell someone to their face if I think they're ******** around with me.

I am not into rumors, I pretty much buck against social norms... And I pretty much fall into the living representation of social stigma. Like I make a lot of people uncomfortable for being transsexual, an atheist, gay, breaking gender roles, dressing punk/goth, among other things. I am not actively doing these things "to be a rebel," I just kind of am one. Sure sometimes I wish I fit in better but then I wouldn't be me.

In terms of communicating, I am very blunt and direct, to the point that it annoys people, because THEY are so used to being subversive and manipulative.
For a thread that is supposedly decrying the lack of 'simple' and 'straightforward' communication beween human beings, I must confess that I am not sure, exactly, you are trying to say. Are you complaining that people always appear to be searching for an ulterior motive in your words and actions, even though you always mean precisely what you say? Or are you complaining that other people seem to lack clarity and honesty, perhaps out of moral cowardice or a certain sense of intellectual sloth?
It's hard to question your assumptions when you're acting on the moment.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
blackest of the black chi
I WAS BEING STRAIGHT FORWARD ONCE TO THE OP BUT THEN GOT REPORTED FOR TROLLING

Not really, all you did was say I was a dumb ******** without pointing out why. That's more vague than straight forward.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Duragraha
For a thread that is supposedly decrying the lack of 'simple' and 'straightforward' communication beween human beings, I must confess that I am not sure, exactly, you are trying to say. Are you complaining that people always appear to be searching for an ulterior motive in your words and actions, even though you always mean precisely what you say? Or are you complaining that other people seem to lack clarity and honesty, perhaps out of moral cowardice or a certain sense of intellectual sloth?

Both apply, since either one addresses the issue. Especially when it comes to intellectual sloth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff