Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
EDIT: I think some posts here are misinterpreting my question. When I say straight-forward, I meant seeing something without making any assumptions or judging it. Like if someone tells me I have a nice car, I just accept it as it is. Otherwise, I could assume they want to steal my car or if they're just being nice. That's it. Straight-forward THINKING. Not straight forward rudeness. Please think carefully before you post, this is about seeing reality critically without the hindrance of false assumptions and stereotypes.

Usually people I meet are attached to social norms, prejudice, stigmas, rumors, and so on. I remember sometimes when I talk to someone, they think I'm sarcastic or flirting, when really there's nothing more than what I say or do. Holding on to a perception that contradicts with what really happens usually lead to so many misunderstandings between everyone. Wouldn't it be easier if we just let go of all that and try to see something, anything, for what it just is? Why is it so hard for everyone to simplify communication?

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Because people equate being honest to being rude.

Hot Duck

Because people want to make friends
Not everyone likes reality.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Dolce Rogue
Because people equate being honest to being rude.

So let me get this straight. It would be more polite to guess that a kid has cancer because they're bald, when really its just a healthy kid who wanted their hair cut off? And is it considered polite to assume that a friend you knew since long ago hasn't changed, when really he's a different person and you never bothered catching up on what's different? Maybe it would be rude to tell someone they look pretty if I didn't let them mistake it as flirting.

And no, that's not sarcasm. That's me questioning if honest absolutely leads to being rude. It's not always the case, you know.

5,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Because people lack the balls which are required to do so.
Silver Highlights
Why is it so hard for everyone to simplify communication?

Because not all of us are simpletons.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Beerios

Since when did distorting reality with a HEAVILY biased point of view considered friend-making? rofl

Hot Duck

Silver Highlights
Beerios

Since when did distorting reality with a HEAVILY biased point of view considered friend-making? rofl

People think the easiest way to have people not be offended by them and therefore make friends is to follow social norms

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
the enlightenment

But what if that reality is more relieving than a distressful misinterpretation?

"Oh no, you're killing a child!"
"Relax, this is just some chicken I'm cooking up."
"Oh... sorry for jumping to conclusions!"
Silver Highlights
the enlightenment

But what if that reality is more relieving than a distressful misinterpretation?

Some people like to live in their self-illusion.

I know a girl that cries and has a nervous breakdown when you tell her, or offer that she should buy the correct shade for her makeup. She doesn't like reality very much. I don't associate with these kinds of people.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Beerios
Silver Highlights
Beerios

People think the easiest way to have people not be offended by them and therefore make friends is to follow social norms

Okay. why is everyone bringing the offensive/rude thing with the hold simplicity and straight-forwardness? They're not intertwined. Correlation does not always mean causation. I've been straight-forward and usually people say I'm nice.

Hot Duck

Silver Highlights
Beerios
Silver Highlights
Beerios

Okay. why is everyone bringing the offensive/rude thing with the hold simplicity and straight-forwardness? They're not intertwined. Correlation does not always mean causation. I've been straight-forward and usually people say I'm nice.

Why else would people be inclined to follow social norms

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
the enlightenment
Silver Highlights
the enlightenment

Some people like to live in their self-illusion.

I know a girl that cries and has a nervous breakdown when you tell her, or offer that she should buy the correct shade for her makeup. She doesn't like reality very much. I don't associate with these kinds of people.

That sounds ******** stupid. If all she gets is a tip on a shade of make up, why should she bloat it up into something its not? There's no insult or underhanded message behind a friendly advice!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff