Welcome to Gaia! ::

I made my own pizza when I was five.
I make my own pizza, dead or alive.

Wake up every morning, crusted with chives.
I've got cheese, chicken and blue cheese too.
but I haven't a clue about the sauce-less que.

*drops rolling pin*

CAPTCHCA: level playing field

Dangerous Regular

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I want to at some point, I did as a kid and it was really fun. I keep putting it off cause I know it will probably taste shitty in comparison to the pizzas I'm used to. I'm from Illinois, and Chicago area has amazing deep dish pizza restaurants. That's the only thing I miss when I travel .

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
My brother and his friend, in the depths of their poverty, once made rice pizza -- simply being pizza with just sauce and rice. He says it's worth having at least once.

It may help you understand to know that both of them enjoyed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
I've never made pizza dough before, but I did make a pizza using ready to bake pizza dough.
they came with the sauce and everything and all you have to do is add the topings.
Since we don't have dehydrogenated mozzarella where I live, I just used shredded Gouda cheese and added myy toppings.
It was great, but you have to buy a lot of crap unless you want a margherita (which I don't like).

As for favorite toppings: I love ham, cheese (duh) mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers, ground beef/sausage, onions, shrimps, pesto and surprisingly, an egg.
It's strange at first, but it's the best thing you'll ever try.
Right now I have to gain some courage and order a shawarma pizza.
It looks okay, but I'm not a fan of garlic sauce on my pizza

Hygienic Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
GhostlyMark
For the past month i've been craving New York style pizza and it's gotten to the point where i'm learning how to make pizza, watching her how to make this nice looking pizza, and i'm stuck on a subreddit called /r/pizza where people show off their homemade pizza....man i want some pizza

Discuss:
Do you make your own pizza?
Is the dough from scratch?
Is the sauce from scratch?
Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt.
Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag?
What type of cheese do you use?
What are your favorite combos?
Make me pizza plz i promise i won't spook kids on halloween

Sometimes, if I desperately want pizza but can't get it from a pizza place for whatever reason, I throw one together with a tortilla, pasta sauce, grated cheese and pepperoni, or whatever I have in the fridge. It doesn't taste like store-bought or restaurant-grade pizza, but it satisfies the craving for the moment.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
-I was going to make some tomorrow actually

-not this time. don't want to make that big of a mess

-again not this time but i do like making my own tomato sauce.

-nope

-I got some shreaded and some whole mozzarella that I will use in slices.

-depends on the type o pizza but mozzarella is usually the base.

-to make? pizza margarita or BBQ Chicken with cilantro, provolone, and red onion. I once made a pizza with garlic and gator with gator sausage.

-scare them bastards.

Liberal Receiver

Quote:

Yus. It's delish. Usually had Spinach, ricotta, sausage, broccoli florets, asiago, Parmesan, romano, Mozzarella/Provolone, oven roasted garlic, oven roasted onions and sometimes sauce. In summer it has fresh thyme, basil, and chives. Sometimes I'll put oven or fire roasted tomatoes on instead of sauce, and sometimes, if I have them, I'll put fire or oven roasted peppers.
Quote:

Not usually. I have made it from scratch in the past, but it's actually more economical for me to buy the less than 2$ dough from the supermarket, as a packet of yeast(which only makes two medium to small pizza doughs or one large ********.) is 50 cents, and flour is about 2.50 to 5.00 for 5 lb.(about 3.33 cups, in a lb) in which you use 2 cups flour.(In other words, you get about 8 gigantic pizzas or 16 smallish medium.)
Keeping in mind you also need sugar, honey, or some other type of sugar - about 2tsp for the yeast to feed on - which I don't usually have.
Then there's the stuff I have on hand no matter what - oil, salt, water.
Add in my time, and potential to slack off and/or forget that I need to get off my a** and make the dough, it's cheaper to just buy it.
Also, yeast eventually dies and unless you proof it first, you won't know for sure.
Quote:

Sometimes! But rather rarely. Since I have no method of preserving the sauce other than freezing(which has it's pitfalls.) it's usually a make it as it's used deal. It also takes about five hours to make.(Blanching the tomatoes, peeling the skins when no longer the temperature of hell, mashing, slow boil with spices, cooling.)
Quote:

I'd love to try and make my own cheese, just to say I did.
Quote:

Depends on what is on sale. Usually the Romano, Asiago, and Parmesan is grated though. It's not very common to find whole bricks of any the three in regular stores.
Quote:

Asiago, Parmesan, Romano, Mozzarella or Provolone.
Quote:

I don't like soggy pizzas where the cheese falls off in one sheet because of lots of sauce. So anything with lots of sauce is no.
I prefer "white pizzas" because of this. Usually the ricotta has an egg mixed in to stiffen the cheese when baked, leading to less cheese falling off in one giant sheet.
I personally almost always have a white pizza with spinach and sausage.
Quote:

Dude, I just made pizza this passing week, I can't feed pizza to my family every week.

Invisible Humorist

Raven Winter
My brother and his friend, in the depths of their poverty, once made rice pizza -- simply being pizza with just sauce and rice. He says it's worth having at least once.

It may help you understand to know that both of them enjoyed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Was it good?

Borg

My oven doesn't work right now*, so no breads, cakes, pizza, or nuthin'.

I have a toasterette oven. It's very hard-working, but not quite enough room for those kinds of foods.

// I need to get a new igniter bar or something, and the oven is like 40 years old, so I have to order the part, and it's almost as much as a new oven. sad

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
GhostlyMark
Raven Winter

Was it good?

He implied that it was, but I've never had it myself.

Demonic Ally

I'm actually pretty good at making pizza.

In fact, I'm applying for a job at a pizza joint.

Invisible Humorist

Brain Weasels

what happened to being a life guard?

Invisible Humorist

Jason0690
Quote:

Yus. It's delish. Usually had Spinach, ricotta, sausage, broccoli florets, asiago, Parmesan, romano, Mozzarella/Provolone, oven roasted garlic, oven roasted onions and sometimes sauce. In summer it has fresh thyme, basil, and chives. Sometimes I'll put oven or fire roasted tomatoes on instead of sauce, and sometimes, if I have them, I'll put fire or oven roasted peppers.
Quote:

Not usually. I have made it from scratch in the past, but it's actually more economical for me to buy the less than 2$ dough from the supermarket, as a packet of yeast(which only makes two medium to small pizza doughs or one large ********.) is 50 cents, and flour is about 2.50 to 5.00 for 5 lb.(about 3.33 cups, in a lb) in which you use 2 cups flour.(In other words, you get about 8 gigantic pizzas or 16 smallish medium.)
Keeping in mind you also need sugar, honey, or some other type of sugar - about 2tsp for the yeast to feed on - which I don't usually have.
Then there's the stuff I have on hand no matter what - oil, salt, water.
Add in my time, and potential to slack off and/or forget that I need to get off my a** and make the dough, it's cheaper to just buy it.
Also, yeast eventually dies and unless you proof it first, you won't know for sure.
Quote:

Sometimes! But rather rarely. Since I have no method of preserving the sauce other than freezing(which has it's pitfalls.) it's usually a make it as it's used deal. It also takes about five hours to make.(Blanching the tomatoes, peeling the skins when no longer the temperature of hell, mashing, slow boil with spices, cooling.)
Quote:

I'd love to try and make my own cheese, just to say I did.
Quote:

Depends on what is on sale. Usually the Romano, Asiago, and Parmesan is grated though. It's not very common to find whole bricks of any the three in regular stores.
Quote:

Asiago, Parmesan, Romano, Mozzarella or Provolone.
Quote:

I don't like soggy pizzas where the cheese falls off in one sheet because of lots of sauce. So anything with lots of sauce is no.
I prefer "white pizzas" because of this. Usually the ricotta has an egg mixed in to stiffen the cheese when baked, leading to less cheese falling off in one giant sheet.
I personally almost always have a white pizza with spinach and sausage.
Quote:

Dude, I just made pizza this passing week, I can't feed pizza to my family every week.

wait if you're buying dough then why do you need yeast?
i usually make a pita pizza that's pretty ******** dope

you nuke some butter till it melts, mix it with some olive oil, garlic powder, basil, and oregano
brush it on a piece of whole wheat pita
add some sauce, mozzarella, then more garlic powder/basil/oregano
cook it on a pizza stone for 15ish min then boom

smash

Demonic Ally

GhostlyMark
Brain Weasels

what happened to being a life guard?
I dropped outta school so now I'm working two jobs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas