Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Humorist

For the past month i've been craving New York style pizza and it's gotten to the point where i'm learning how to make pizza, watching her how to make this nice looking pizza, and i'm stuck on a subreddit called /r/pizza where people show off their homemade pizza....man i want some pizza

Discuss:
Do you make your own pizza?
Is the dough from scratch?
Is the sauce from scratch?
Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt.
Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag?
What type of cheese do you use?
What are your favorite combos?
Make me pizza plz i promise i won't spook kids on halloween
Me and my brother used to make Pizza together quite often. We would make the Dough from scratch but buy the sauce and stuff.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Do you make your own pizza? Yes I have tried it a few times. It tasted horrible. I'm not very good at making Pizza.
Is the dough from scratch? Yes, I made the dough from scratch
Is the sauce from scratch? No, I used Tombstone tomato sauce.
Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt. No, I bought the cheese from the grocery store.
Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag? It was pre-shredded in a bag
What type of cheese do you use? I used Mozzarella cheese.
What are your favorite combos? Pepperonis, Sausages, Bacon, Mushrooms, and Ham

Spoopy Kitten

No clue how to make good tasting home made pizza, but my boyfriend and i use flour tortillas then add sauce and cheese on top. He knows how to make good sauce, but we arnt allowed to use his parents kitchen often enough to make home made sauce

Invisible Humorist

Mukuchina Kurasu
Me and my brother used to make Pizza together quite often. We would make the Dough from scratch but buy the sauce and stuff.

why stop?

Invisible Humorist

thesupremekaidbz
Do you make your own pizza? Yes I have tried it a few times. It tasted horrible. I'm not very good at making Pizza.
Is the dough from scratch? Yes, I made the dough from scratch
Is the sauce from scratch? No, I used Tombstone tomato sauce.
Is the cheese...from...scratch...nah i doubt. No, I bought the cheese from the grocery store.
Do you buy blocks of cheese or is it shredded in a bag? It was pre-shredded in a bag
What type of cheese do you use? I used Mozzarella cheese.
What are your favorite combos? Pepperonis, Sausages, Bacon, Mushrooms, and Ham

What made the pizza bad?

Invisible Humorist

xChibi Cannibalx
No clue how to make good tasting home made pizza, but my boyfriend and i use flour tortillas then add sauce and cheese on top. He knows how to make good sauce, but we arnt allowed to use his parents kitchen often enough to make home made sauce

why can't you make sauce in the kitchen?
I made a pretty rad Chicken Pizza once. Got bored and hungry one night and said '******** it i'm slapping what the ******** ever on a pizza crust...'
GhostlyMark
Mukuchina Kurasu

why stop?

We no longer live close by. I tried making it on my own a few times but it never turned out well.

Spoopy Kitten

GhostlyMark
xChibi Cannibalx

why can't you make sauce in the kitchen?

Living at his parents house currently. They leave food sit out until its moldy and sometimes theyll put the pans away with mold/food still in/on them. Its all around gross talk2hand They dont like us in there because they get offended when i clean the pans over and over. His little sister is supposed to clean them to learn responsibility

Timid Lunatic

User Image

Yes, I love making my own pizza! The crust I use is a really simple recipe that only takes two hours to rise. Then you put it on a sheet pan and refrigerate it for 20 minutes, and it's ready to go!

I make semi-homemade sauce, meaning I use plain canned tomatoes and cook/season them with fresh onions and garlic. I have made sauce from whole tomatoes before, though.

For cheese, I usually use a mix of mozzarella and sharp cheddar, then sprinkle some shredded Parmesan on there when it's done.

Toppings can vary, but I'm a big fan of Hawaiian in particular (pineapple and ham)!

User Image

Adorable Fisher

I make my own New York style pizza. I'd make you one :3 My secret is a ton of garlic butter on every inch of crust using a baker's brush with a special ton on the crust for that golden brown and rosemary and other herbs like oregano and basil in the crust as I throw it around when I'm eliminating air bubbles. I also strain the sauce for imperfections for a certain smoothness and use a blend of cheddar and mozzarella plus a last sprinkling of garlic with oregano on the top before I throw it into the oven. Not to mention, I get my dough from a real bakery none of that cheapo supermarket stuff that tastes like cardboard. We can also put a sprinkling of parmesan on the crust's edge for that Domino's effect. I hand press the stuff into an 18 inch round pizza pan, too. That makes it super thin and I can also repair holes pretty easily that way when hand stretching it.

I do want to experiment some day by replacing the butter with olive oil. I wonder what that would do.

Fashionable Hunter

Nomnom fresh dough fresh sauce (spicy!) good cheese home-grown basil and oregano, so good.

Sauce mozz parm basil oregano mushroom red onions

Dipped in garlic butter.

I hungy.

Fashionable Phantom

Yes, I make my own pizza.
Yes, my crust is from scratch. I either make it out of meat, or cauliflower. The cauliflower one is much tastier, the meat one is easier.
My pizza sauce is also made from scratch.
I don't put cheese on my pizza.
I usually top it with sauce, zucchini, grilled chicken, mushrooms and onion. If it's a meatza base, I omit the chicken and add another random veggie (red pepper, broccoli, whatever).

Sprinkle oregano on top... delish.

When all the ingredients are fresh, it tastes way better than take out. Every. Time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff