Welcome to Gaia! ::

We all know these people, those individuals who will cry and whine over everything; if you try to tease them, they'll whine about how mean you are being. People who can't take a joke, who blow up or get hurt over the smallest things...

- Do you know anybody like this? Any people who easily get whiny or butthurt over small things, or who overreact to the smallest things? How do you deal with it? Is it just how they are, or do you think they are just an annoying little, whiny attention whore?

- Are there any things you get overly sensitive over? Maybe if someone makes a little joke about your appearance you'll flip out? Why do you feel this way?

- Talk about incidents related to over sensitivity? Maybe friends flipping out, etc, etc.

- How do you deal with overly sensitive people? Do you try to accommodate them, or will you tell them off? Does it depend on the situation? Do you just ignore them?

- Where do you draw the line between normal reaction, and overreaction? Be as specific of vague as you'd like.

~~~

- Yes, I know quite a few, and a lot of people on the internet are like this. My friend Daimon will get whiny every time you tell him that he might not know how to win over women very well; he has absolutely no tact.

- Not much I can think of, in all honesty. I have a pretty short fuse when I hear women blatantly insulting men though; I don't go around insulting women, and I don't like it when my gender is insulted. I know if I said anything about women, it would be considered such a horrible crime, and double standards can suck my balls.

- I get infractions on Gaia for the stupidest s**t; while on LI and offering advice to a girl who was obviously delusional, shallow, and ignorant, I received an infraction for saying that, she's "not too emotionally mature yet, and should stay away from relationships." I wasn't mean, just blunt and truthful. Apparently I can get in trouble for saying that... In the Life Issues forum, even though she was ASKING for opinions. Also, the mods suck balls.

The women in the back of the college cafeteria would constantly talk about how they control their men, how men are stupider than they are, how bad/ignorant they are, and all around treat them like an inferior species. As soon as someone so much as mentioned something that could be portrayed as negative towards the female gender, they'd get pissy and jump down your throats. I hope their period blood gets backed up and they explode painfully.

- If possible, I will just ignore them. Sometimes I will just accommodate them if it isn't a huge deal; though if it is someone who gets pissy over everything, I will probably tell them off, and give them the whole, "if you're going to get whiny and overly sensitive over this s**t, then please just go away," and generally my other friends will agree with my sentiments. I was with my girlfriend, and we were kind of giving friendly banter, and this other woman who was with us kept going on about how inappropriate and insensitive our insults and banter was; she was so easily offended, I had to tell her to deal with it or get the ******** out.

- Hard to say. If someone has a legitimate issue, such as someone saying, "Hey, please no cancer jokes, my mom has it right now," that would be understandable. If someone explodes and whines over everything with little or no basis, that is too much. Such as if someone said they did not like a sports team, and the other person started bitching and moaning about how they should be shot for not liking them.
I treat my female friends the same way I treat my male friends. My female friends are the only one's who try to give me s**t, lol. Of course, they never win that argument.

Anyone who can't take jokes, or own up to their own s**t, I clown on and eventually just ignore altogether. They aren't worth the energy or attention.

Some people just have a fetish with victimhood. They have no idea what ownership is.
I'm pretty sensitive. Not as bad as I used to be, but still pretty bad.
I'm gunna go ahead and blame my attention-less upbringing for this.
HOWEVER!
Without the support of the people who told me to "suck it up, and quit bitching" I don't think I would've realised I was being oversensitive at all.

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

- Do you know anybody like this? Any people who easily get whiny or butthurt over small things, or who overreact to the smallest things? How do you deal with it? Is it just how they are, or do you think they are just an annoying little, whiny attention whore?

My best friend is someone who takes disagreements seriously. When we fight or he's conscious that he's annoyed me he falls into the weirdest state of depression and even after we've made up, he doesn't let it go and feels really upset. I just try not to say something that'll lead to an argument, and if he says something that blows up as one, we just avoid each other for a day or two before resuming our normal best friend ways.

- Are there any things you get overly sensitive over? Maybe if someone makes a little joke about your appearance you'll flip out? Why do you feel this way?

I'm a emotional person relationship wise, but I couldn't care less if someone jokes about the way I look.
I'm a walking rainbow with cat ears. I know I look strange.

- Talk about incidents related to over sensitivity? Maybe friends flipping out, etc, etc.

If a friend and I were to argue, of course I'd want to clear it up. But if they want to be immature and not let it go, whatever. I'm not gonna break my back for anyone anymore unless I absolutely have to.

- How do you deal with overly sensitive people? Do you try to accommodate them, or will you tell them off? Does it depend on the situation? Do you just ignore them?

accommodate. Ignoring them definitely won't make it better. they'll get butthurt about that. it usually depends on the situation and time of month. emotion_donotwant

- Where do you draw the line between normal reaction, and overreaction? Be as specific of vague as you'd like.

being angry for months or having it die down, then starting it up again because you still have unsaid insults.
Of course you're going to think you aren't doing anything wrong. That's what your ego is for. But in actuality you are. You probably "mean well," but you have to be careful with your delivery.

At least, you could be self-knowledgeable enough to realize that you can and will offer assistance in a abbrassive manner. I do that at times and I, can understand why and how some people will get offended.

The question is, aren't you, in making this thread, doing whining of your own? You're upset/unimpressed by the infractions you receieve. This entire post is somewhat of a whine/rant. Just saying.
What prompted this thread?
Basically everyone on the internet. xD
Also, my roommate. I love her but damn. Drives me nuts. I just tell her to get over it, I'm not gonna dance around her feelings.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Oh my god, the whole LI thing I can tottaly understand.
One time, this sixteen year old pregnet girl posted a thread litterly bragging about it and gushing about what a great mother she would be. Even though she was obviously dumber them a sack of cow s**t, and the father was no where in sight and she didnt have a job and neither did her mother.
When I told her aborting or giving the baby up would be a better option, and that she shouldnt be proud or happy about getting knocked up,I got attacked and flamed by a huge crowd of butthurt teen mommies.
This is why Im not a huge fan of stupid teenagers who keep their unwanted paracites.
I dont see why I should respect someone who throws a hissy fit, just because Im trying to realistic.
neutral
Soooo like 98% of LD?? o.O

Fashionable Shopper

Quote:
Are there any things you get overly sensitive over? Maybe if someone makes a little joke about your appearance you'll flip out? Why do you feel this way?
User ImageI used to be verbally bullied when I was younger. A lot of times I get upset because I can't "take a joke" and interpret it as being "bullied" when the intent is was just a harmless joke. I've slowly gotten better with that though.

I do get overly sensitive about my appearance. I have a huge scar on my back due to heart surgery, one shoulder is higher than the other, my weight is well.... almost nonexistent, and my breasts are barely there. There are so many imperfections and a "joke" about them feels like a slap in the face about it. I've also been tormented about my appearance as well such as my height, weight, and my glasses. I've been called a 12 year old boy before because I skinny and short. I feel like people who say that are trying to tell me I'm not a real woman because I'm small and skinny. I was always insecure about my weight since everyone was always taller and weighed more than me. I used to try to overeat so I'd gain weight so I would no longer be tormented.

Well, I believe I've answered the why in both of explanations.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Yes my father and we are not getting into it because I open that can of worms I ain't stopping.

Concern trolling about my weight. That I need to lose weight for my health, it pisses me right off. What do they know about my health when they aren't my doctor or my work put buddy. Normally I just say "Are you my doctor? No? I didn't ******** think so"

I had one friend freak out over an exam because I got a higher score then her... I never did understand that

It depends, normally I will tell them to piss off or ignore them.

Over reaction is like my friend who flipped over the test. Or some people say my reaction to people concern trolling me is an over reaction. I can tell you if I was over reacting I would be swearing a lot more then I am.

Desirable Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
One time, this sixteen year old pregnet girl posted a thread litterly bragging about it and gushing about what a great mother she would be. Even though she was obviously dumber them a sack of cow s**t, and the father was no where in sight and she didnt have a job and neither did her mother.
When I told her aborting or giving the baby up would be a better option, and that she shouldnt be proud or happy about getting knocked up,I got attacked and flamed by a huge crowd of butthurt teen mommies.
This is why Im not a huge fan of stupid teenagers who keep their unwanted paracites.
I dont see why I should respect someone who throws a hissy fit, just because Im trying to realistic.
neutral

Oh god how annoying.

They're stuck in their own fantasy dream world of adorable, cuddly babies that magically feed and clean themselves and never cry. They definitely don't need support or have to work to raise a baby.
rolleyes

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
SojuPang
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
neutral

Oh god how annoying.

They're stuck in their own fantasy dream world of adorable, cuddly babies that magically feed and clean themselves and never cry. They definitely don't need support or have to work to raise a baby.
rolleyes

I never said that they did.
confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out