Oh my god, the whole LI thing I can tottaly understand.
One time, this sixteen year old pregnet girl posted a thread litterly bragging about it and gushing about what a great mother she would be. Even though she was obviously dumber them a sack of cow s**t, and the father was no where in sight and she didnt have a job and neither did her mother.
When I told her aborting or giving the baby up would be a better option, and that she shouldnt be proud or happy about getting knocked up,I got attacked and flamed by a huge crowd of butthurt teen mommies.
This is why Im not a huge fan of stupid teenagers who keep their unwanted paracites.
I dont see why I should respect someone who throws a hissy fit, just because Im trying to realistic. neutral
Oh god how annoying.
They're stuck in their own fantasy dream world of adorable, cuddly babies that magically feed and clean themselves and never cry. They definitely don't need support or have to work to raise a baby. rolleyes
- Do you know anybody like this? Any people who easily get whiny or butthurt over small things, or who overreact to the smallest things? How do you deal with it? Is it just how they are, or do you think they are just an annoying little, whiny attention whore?
I have a friend that gets upset and feels like everyone picks on her, and just her. To the point that I make fun of someone that does know how to take a joke instead. Then when she complains, I point out all the things that were said about someone else.
- Are there any things you get overly sensitive over? Maybe if someone makes a little joke about your appearance you'll flip out? Why do you feel this way?
I think right now I'm more susceptable of people teasing me of my appearance, just because my body is going through a drastic change and I just finished reading a book about it and about how guys react to pregnant women, especially after the fact. Normally I can just make a crack right back at them.
- Talk about incidents related to over sensitivity? Maybe friends flipping out, etc, etc.
I can't think of anything that has happened recently. I think some of my friends are going through their own hard problems, and might take things the wrong way if there isn't communication.
- How do you deal with overly sensitive people? Do you try to accommodate them, or will you tell them off? Does it depend on the situation? Do you just ignore them?
I do accomodate my friend to a degree. But when she says or does something really over the top, I can't help myself. She and I aren't as close as we once were, mainly because of stuff that she's said and won't apologize for. If she doesn't want to grow up and admit she's wrong, and would rather make excuses, then I don't feel the need to apologize as much as I probably should.
- Where do you draw the line between normal reaction, and overreaction? Be as specific of vague as you'd like.
I can usually admit when I've overreacted. I'm sometimes a short fuse, or I can let things roll off my shoulder. I suppose snapping is pretty normal. You try to something go, but if the person won't let up, you snap.
I think hitting them or trying to hurt them with words can be an overreaction.
I don't like overreactions, or childish reactions.
I lose respect for a person who doesn't have control over themselves in this way.
I probably would go out of my way not to befriend someone like that, but then again people I intimately know sometimes act below those standards. Hell sometimes even I act below those standards. I'm still trying to keep a grasp on my emotions and the like.
I think everyone has the right to act this way, sometimes, but certainly not all the time or very often. Whining is only allowed when you legitimately have something to whine about.
I don't like the whiners who whine about something they directly caused. In that case, it was their fault, and they should learn from that like the rest of the adult world.
I know quite a few of them.. I don't usually talk to them as often. I tease them sometimes.. Try not to let them get to me.. But I'd rather just not be their friend at all. I think it is how they are; Whiney attention whores.
I'm overly sensitive about female sexist comments. Just because we were born this way, you're going to treat us like slaves? I don't care if it's a joke. It pisses me the ******** off.
- Talk about incidents related to over sensitivity?: Eh... Just a few friends getting jealous of the relationship I have with someone.
- How do you deal with overly sensitive people? Do you try to accommodate them, or will you tell them off? Does it depend on the situation? Do you just ignore them?: I tell them off when it starts getting old. Well... By that, I mean.. I tell them straight up. If they get whiney again, I'll be an a**.
- Where do you draw the line between normal reaction, and overreaction? Be as specific of vague as you'd like: When they start to get clingy and jealous. Impatient, too. I have no time for that s**t.
Oh, yeah totes. I'm a pretty sensitive baby razz I mostly get hurt by comments/jokes saying I'm slow or stupid. Makes me feel pretty worthless. But um, I get pretty sensitive over other things and it makes me wonder if I'm emotionally mature enough to be in a relationship. Though, I've heard of people who are far worse with their sensitivity, I suppose it can be hard to deal with people who are severely sensitive.