User Image
Smoking.
Its unhealthy.
But sitting around on Gaia ALL DAY with NO EXERCISE.... can be just
as unhealthy.
angelcutie92
which is worse?

smoking daily or

going on gaia till 7:41am till 10:30am every weekend?

me and mum where having this debate over smoking and gaia
mum smokes and i go on gaia for 5-7 hours straight, i tell her that
smoking is worse becoz u can easily die but she tells me that 5-7 hours straight
on the internet is worse becoz u can get sore eyes and headachs ect. so i wanna
get the most votes and than i can tell mum which is worst, and plus i try and tell
mum to quit smoking but will she listen.....NO SHE WONT

so i needs pplz oppions on which is worse

...well it all depends on your views...smoking can give you cancer...yet gaia can get you raped...but you have to be dumb to give your address so if your IQ is higher than a 5th grader than you should be okay...so I would say A)smoking...final answer

regis:...oooo tough luck kid...ya got a wrong answer on the 100 dollar question
cancer > headaches
Anyone with a brainstem can figure out that smoking daily is ALOT worse than going on the internet all day... ><
You'd need to take a lot of things into consideration; not just physical health, but mental as well. And if one has poor mental health, that can lead to poor physical health.

Arguably, smoking has more of a potential to cause one harm than Gaia does, as it MAY directly give you lung cancer, there's no denying that. However, that is still a "may", though it can still damage your lungs; there's no way around that.

On the other hand (there's always another hand), being on Gaia hours on end can damage one's eye sight, as well as one's social life, and believe me, having a shitty social life can drive one to a depression, which can result in suicide.

In this case, both have the potential (though neither the certainty), of causing serious damage; however, they both should be regulated, though preferably avoid, in order to live healthily.

Also, asking this on Gaia will get completely biased answers, especially from the "Gaiafolks".
smoking is worst
Zodiacal Emblem
wahmbulance Gaia. You can get cyber-AIDS here. That is super dangerous! wahmbulance

Damn you electronically transmitted diseases!

To put my opinion in a nutshell, I think they're equally as bad in the long run.

Now for the lecture.

You see, smoking is a physically and mentally unhealthy habit which over time can seriously harm you or even kill you. You become dependent on smoking and you can't stop. There are many physical side effects that are terrible.

Now, there's Gaia.

Why can playing Gaia pretty much all day, every day be just as bad?

I'll show you how.

1. You are not getting out and socializing with people in your local area. You are sitting in front of a computer... all day.

2. Back to number one, you're sitting in front of a computer all day and this can produce some health risks as you are not getting out to exercise.

3. If you have the money, it can produce bad spending habits. With Gaia Cash becoming more commonly used and the cards have been made available, people are spending at least ten dollars to buy pixelated objects for their online amusement; PIXELATED.

4,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Quote:
If you are on Gaia from 7:41am till 10:30am, are you taking any breaks? Are you eating? Are you going out side once in a while? Are you flaming tons of people or being flamed? Or just talking to friends? What exactly is going on behind these actions that would lead one to being worse?

well me im the one who goes on the internet for 4 or 7 hours straight,

and i really want my mum to quit smoking but she wont listen to me
she keeps bring the internet back to my face, and i want her to quit...
is there any way i can help my mum quit smoking....i really dont want her to die
at the age of 60...when im all grown up!!!

Angelic Slayer

9,800 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Smoking is way worse.

Last time I checked, Gaia doesn't give you irreversible damage to your lungs/heart/skin/brain/everything.

Plus smoking is harmful to those around you. Gaia can't harm your Mum, but her smoking could harm you.

*is super anti-smoking*
smoking or course! being on gaia won't kill you, smoking will.
No contest smokeing is fare worse. I know alot of teenage smokers and my mother is one. Smokeing litterly does kill. Dont belive me? Go talk to somebody with throat, lung, or mouth cancer. I beat atleast 80% of em would say thay got it from smokeing or secound hand smoke.
Pluse pretty much all weekend i am on gaia for atleast like 5-8 hours. then during the week i am on about 3-4 and a half hours daily. I am truly complety and udderly addicted to gaia. I have to go on it for hours straight or i will litterly go insane. Unless their is something else better going on. So honestly smokeing is 100 times worse then gaia.
Gee. They're both really bad.
But I'd say smoking.

Interesting Werewolf

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Yeah, smoking daily is worser than going on Gaia five hours daily.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff