Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Elder

9,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Even when I was in high school, the kids I hung out with didn't ever really seem to "get me." I only just found this out to its fullest extent when a friend of seven years decided I wasn't good enough to hang out with her because I don't talk about disgusting things.

Anyway, I think it's more important to be comfortable with yourself than to find someone who "gets you." Because at least that way, you'll always know one person who understands :)
Blitzkrieg Beauty
x_Devian_x
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I did for a little while, but then realized that I don't care what other people think or say about me.

I do have my few great friends, and I love them. They make life amazing.

I think the problem with today's society is that they tell you that you need tons of friends to be happy. I'd be happy with my 2 or 3 best friends.

Agreed. My few friends are the best thing about my day. And we all get along well.

I believe my issue is the whole drama thing. With my school it's the deal with people who are friends one minute and then once they leave each others presence they talk poorly about their 'best' friend.
I'll keep the friends I trust and love like family, not someone who will stab me in the back the moment I'm not looking.
Exactly.

People call me heartless because I have no problem with dropping friends who do that to me. No matter how long they've been my friend.

I can forgive some drama, sometimes, but if they do it frequently, they're gone, I just can't deal with people starting drama for selfish reasons.

Ah, a woman after my own heart. heart
I agree to all, including the heartless part. It has happened to me on more than one occasion. Not to mention the counselors that get 'worried' because I'm a loner... or so they call it... saying that perhaps I should branch out in my friendships. I just don't like being around people I loathe.
I always feel left out in school. People don't like talking to me much. When there are group activities in class, I usually end up doing the assignment by myself.

For most of the day I don't really talk. I only talk to people during lunch period, although it seldom comes out good. Although I sit with a pool of 'friends', I hardly talk. When I do, I initiate the conversation and they don't bother to try to keep the conversation going or try to kill it immediately.
`Euphoria
Do you feel left out and awkward in school? Or that there's nobody who's like you?

I guess I could say so. People ignore me, when I talk or try to interact with anyone. It feels like nobody shares any interests with me, and just because I haven't lived in the town that I do now for my whole life, I'm weird.

Do you feel the same in school?

ya, I moved from Nicaragua to US Indiana in a lil hillbilly town... tough I have now lot's of people, the first year I was a loner (well.. I couldn't speak any English) but this year is way better, get yourself a bf or gf that helps and try to talk and make fun of teachers... Keep your grades up, even if looks strange no one likes the dumb losers, unless of course you are a really hot blond...
Same goes with me. I do have friends but they sure put themselves before me. Which is okay because when you have friends with different interest ect., you can actually learn alot from people.
i sometimes feel that way but most of the time i talk my a** off
Dont worry! U'll find someone that has something in common with u eventually it just takes time!
x_Devian_x
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I did for a little while, but then realized that I don't care what other people think or say about me.

I think the problem with today's society is that they tell you that you need tons of friends to be happy. I'd be happy with my 2 or 3 best friends.

Agreed. My few friends are the best thing about my day. And we all get along well.

I believe my issue is the whole drama thing. With my school it's the deal with people who are friends one minute and then once they leave each others presence they talk poorly about their 'best' friend.
I'll keep the friends I trust and love like family, not someone who will stab me in the back the moment I'm not looking.

I hate it when people do that it's sad really.
Kumori Onikisu
Dont worry! U'll find someone that has something in common with u eventually it just takes time!

`Euphoria
Do you feel left out and awkward in school? Or that there's nobody who's like you?

I guess I could say so. People ignore me, when I talk or try to interact with anyone. It feels like nobody shares any interests with me, and just because I haven't lived in the town that I do now for my whole life, I'm weird.

Do you feel the same in school?

It'll be alright you'll find friends that share the same intrest as you, don't worry and make sure that you know yourself before you think that someone knows you better than you know yourself or try to undermine you.

Also maybe the people who ignore you are the ones you shouldn't be around.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
x_Devian_x
Blitzkrieg Beauty

Exactly.

People call me heartless because I have no problem with dropping friends who do that to me. No matter how long they've been my friend.

I can forgive some drama, sometimes, but if they do it frequently, they're gone, I just can't deal with people starting drama for selfish reasons.

You're not heartless you just don't feel like putting up with bull crap.
i have a lot of friend and a gf i we can say like that their just my friend because they know my other 3 older brother.evan if i have alot of ``fake`` friends i feel the same way as you
One close, good friend is infinitely better than a hundred distant ones.
User Image

all the ******** time......i feel like ppl take me as a joke

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas