Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you had a hard time? Was it easy? Did you date anyone? Did you pass all your classes? Was it stressful? Did you like all of your teachers? Did you like all of your classes? Did you made lots of new friends? Did you changed a lot?

dazzel_almond's Senpai

User Image

As much as I wished for the happiness of one...

It was s**t, quite honestly. I had moved away from home and was homesick, my close friend and I had started fighting throughout winter semester, I began having anxiety attacks and my anxiety emerged during this time. On the upside, I got all As and two Bs, (3.7 I think? ) had a lovely roommate and made some friends. going back sophmore year, it's being really difficult on me. The classes aren't hard, I just have social/emotional problems right now that I'm trying to cope with and fix.

EDIT: I really liked all my teachers for the most part and they made me look at my life in a different way, even if I didn't always like my classes. And I can say that without a doubt that I am much different having finished my first year than I was going into college.

someone else must be equally cursed.

I'm such a fool.

User ImageUser Image

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
The College Student

One of the worst experiences I've had honestly. Mostly my own fault. After the first semester I hardly went to class and ended up failing and withdrawing almost all my classes and if I remember correctly that was when I got my first academic probation, been through a lot of those. I really didn't make any friends. I didn't really enjoy my classes or the teachers. I went to a private college and so I always felt like I was being judged because of my lack of money, I could have been paranoid about that. Overall, horrible experience, but I wouldn't change it. I learned a lot from it.

Demonic Ally

Futuristic.
Pretty much s**t, hah.
my twin sister was my roommate, she refused to do anything and was will her boyfriend 24/7, she constantly had "pregnancy scares" because sex "just happened". Really kinda of annoying.

That's when we started to become different people.

Classes were good though, but I suck a** at English....didn't get any slack there, took it four times with one being at a university level....Not a university person.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I goofed off (by that I mean I spent more time on Gaia than actually studying) and took a bunch of easy classes

my freshman year was spent at a community college, btw.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I had a 4.0 GPA my first semester of freshman year.

Then after that, my GPA slowly started dropping, LOL.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
It wasn't bad, but not amazing either.

I took a light load, 4 classes. Had to audit my math class because I had to have wisdom tooth surgery on a test day and my prof wouldn't let me take the test early or late, he just failed me. More than 1/2 the class had dropped/failed out by the end of the semester, he wasn't a great teacher.....

The other classes I took were much better. Sociology was boring, but I passed easily. The science class I took (it was Health & the Environment, something like that?) and my Art History class were great, I loved them. Kept in touch with both profs until I transferred out of that school.

I also commuted from home, so I didn't have the homesickness issue. I lived with my dad who's pretty chill, he accepted that I was an adult now and didn't impose a lot of rules on me. I was more like a rent-free roommate than a child. It was pretty nice, and later when I transferred and moved out I missed that time I spent with him (parents divorced, dad wasn't around much when I was a teen, so we really bonded those years.)
Yes, it was difficult. I was still pregnant, and I gave birth just as finals were coming up. 2 days after I gave birth, I had to work on finals.

Magical Girl

It started off terrible. I had a horrible roommate, followed by another not-so-great roommate until I finally got the room to myself spring semester. I made a group of friends who were into partying and that was a terrible time until we went our separate ways. I made better friends but we've parted for the most part now that I'm a senior due to them transferring or being too busy. It wasn't all that stressful academically and my art teachers were all great. My foundation classes were kinda boring but important and challenging enough. I also met my boyfriend from this site in real life so that was exciting. So I guess I can summarize freshman year as being both extremely eventful and not eventful at the same time.

Shameless Man-Lover

Honestly, I had a pretty damn good first year of college. The only regret I had was loosing my virginity to a guy would could not pleasure a women to save his life. Seriously. He did not know how a v****a worked.

I passed my classes, kept my scholarships, made good friends, didn't kill my roommates, had a lot of fun, started to learn how to be independent and generally just enjoyed myself. I had great teachers, other then one my last quarter who was so ******** slow at using the computer when pretty much all of our homework was online, and had to explain it to all of us four times in a class period because she thought we didn't know how to use the internet. I also had a teacher literally tell us to sell back our English books for beer money. He was my favorite.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
my classes were kinda easy, my roommate was cool.

teachers were kinda dicks tho so i just stayed out of the way and didn't talk a lot in class.

p fun though, lots of parties and kickbacks i went to.

Space Detective

6,700 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Well, my first math class in college was a bunch of stuff I already knew (I'd taken Benadryl for a fairly nasty allergic reaction on the day of the placement tests, so I underperformed in them) and my teacher was someone who honestly couldn't give a ******** (it was her last year teaching before retirement) and it was pretty clear that math wasn't her forte to begin with. I pretty much taught that class. Other than that, I had a 2-hour bus ride to an 8:30am chemistry class on Friday, an absolute a*****e for a psychology professor, and an english comp class that had too few desks. So the classes sucked.

However, I was very involved in the GSA and a couple of other clubs and organizations at my school, and that was a very fulfilling and fun experience for me.

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
My first year was stupidly easy. I had more free time then than I ever did in high school. It was only stressful around finals week because I had several tests inconveniently on the same day. This year I am going to work while studying and I'm going to take on more extracurricular stuff. I wish I could take more credits but I'm maxed out for the semester.

If I learned anything, it's that studying for tests is important, because I had this one Physics class where the professor was an awful teacher and I failed my first exam in his class with a 46, but after studying 8hrs for each test I got an A in the class.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

User Image
3 Days Left of August ~ Happy Fishing!

Wasn't really easy, but I did well. My AP's in high school got me a pretty good head start.

Had my first boyfriend that year. He was awesome until his friend got cancer and he disappeared after that year.

Passed all. No stress.

I liked all my courses and professors.

I did make quite a bit of friends, which was nice since I was a super loner until college.

I changed a lot for sure!

Extra: My first semester roommate spent most of her free time watching tentacle prons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff