Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Conversationalist

7,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I subscribed to the thread because I thought it would help me later on, so thanks....

The advice others are giving is very helpful. I think it is good to cry when you need to. I think it is good to tell your mother or other family how you feel when you need to as well.

I hope you end up stronger from this experience, and your mom the best smile it's good to hear there are very effective treatments for this.
I hope your momma gets better, hon'.

I'm going through something similar myself right now. My relationship with my mom has been mostly unpleasant &... complicated, to say the least. But now she's dying, & trying to make amends, & it feels just... awful. On pretty much every level.

Mine has a zero percent chance of making it, the doctors say she has a "good" year left, if she makes it past that the quality of her life at that time is going to be... very, very bad.

What's your momma's prognosis?

Magical Tree

Take it from day to day. Try to be understanding - and not forget they're in pain. It's super easy to forget someone is in pain because they're not in a cast, or bleeding or something. If they get grouchy or snippy with you --- it's the pain talking.

Keep living as best you can - because they would want that. Take care of yourself, so you can take care of others. If there's a role for you to play - try your best but be honest if you can or cannot fill it. Some days you can't.

Being strong isn't easy. Crying is okay. Find supportive friends who will just let you do what you need to do (like go get ice cream at 10pm, or go for walks, or karaoke... whatever helps you relieve stress). And realize you're not alone. Lots of people know how you feel - it's not exactly the same specific feeling - because everyone is different - but there are tons of similar feelings. It is easier talking to people who know similar situations. They give better advice. And their ears are better for listening, usually. Anyway.

Hoping for the best for your family.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces