Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Willow Of Darkness
Gonecrazy12345
Did anyone even bother reading my explanation in page 3?

Most of you ******** are saying that you're INTP's or INTJ's the analytic types so you should be interested in my argument about why these tests MBTI tests are utterly fallacious and should not be taken seriously at all.

Amazing that most of you think you're analytic yet you won't even take the time to read a short explanation as to why these tests are dumb. As an NT you should be interested in analysis yet you won't even take 3 minutes out of your life to read a short analysis, amazing.

Eh, this is flawed reasoning. Not everyone who is analytical is interested in analysing everything.

Yes but lets be honest, most people who are getting NT's in this thread do not act like NT's at all in this forum period even outside this thread.

You can always bring up something that echos the problem of induction "Oh well how do you know that they are analytic when you aren't paying attention? How do you know they aren't analytic outside LD?" But at some point when some looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's reasonable to call it a duck. And I'm saying that the vast majority of people in the LD are not NT types even though most people are saying they are.

Like I said I think this is because the answers that lead to being categorized as an NT in some form is ego boosting, like I said most people want to think they're smart, deep, and independent thinkers. So to me I think this is the more reasonable explanation.

Like you for example, you to me seem like an NT. You act like one, your interests are interests an NT would have, you talk like one, you analyze and argue with people. This is what NT's do, yet you're an extremely rare individual in the LD.
The Willow Of Darkness
Gonecrazy12345
The Willow Of Darkness
Gonecrazy12345

So my conclusion is that the way these tests are created is utter bullshit because it's not taking into account those two other crucial aspects of these personality types that must be taken into account if you care about them being accurate. The other aspect is that you the reader, you are not taking this into account. For example I think I heard one user in here say that they're either an INTP or an INFP. Well that makes no sense because the only two traits that INTP's and INFP's have in common are both their auxiliary and third trait, both of which are (Extroverted intuition and Introverted sensing) when it comes to their dominant and most important function though, they are completely different and so is their last function. An INFP's most dominant trait is introverted feeling, INTP's is introverted thinking. For their last and thus most weak trait, INFP = extroverted thinking, INTP = extroverted feeling.

I'm someone who gets either INTP or INFP. Such occurrence makes perfect sense when you realise that the questions, at least in the tests I have seen, for T and F are built on the logical/emotion dichotomy. Individuals with a personality which is concerned with both reason and emotion with sometimes get either because they don't fit in the neat boxes they are meant to. Of course, this merely points to the inaccuracy of trying to categorise people into such narrow groups.

Yes I know, the tests are built in a way where the T and F are within the same questions and depending on how you answer you either get +1 to T or +1 to F and then whichever you get more of you're assigned that.

I was pointing out that this is fundamentally flawed because INTP and INFP are not just different by one variable, they are completely different by other points. These tests ignore all the other variables that are extremely important and therefore the tests are extremely misleading and are flat out built incorrectly.

I suspect that most people don't look at the system beyond the four letters and what they would imply. This may be why your analysis did not garner much interest. Amusing, it also means an ignorant understanding of the system is probably less inaccurate than a proper one.

I don't understand what you meant by your very last sentence about an ignorant understanding of the system is less inaccurate than a proper one. I'm not critiquing the system (the MBTI system) what I'm critiquing is that the tests do not implement the system accurately in the sense that the tests do not do what they're supposed to do, accurately describe and categorize you into the system.
Gonecrazy12345
The Willow Of Darkness
Gonecrazy12345
The Willow Of Darkness
Gonecrazy12345

So my conclusion is that the way these tests are created is utter bullshit because it's not taking into account those two other crucial aspects of these personality types that must be taken into account if you care about them being accurate. The other aspect is that you the reader, you are not taking this into account. For example I think I heard one user in here say that they're either an INTP or an INFP. Well that makes no sense because the only two traits that INTP's and INFP's have in common are both their auxiliary and third trait, both of which are (Extroverted intuition and Introverted sensing) when it comes to their dominant and most important function though, they are completely different and so is their last function. An INFP's most dominant trait is introverted feeling, INTP's is introverted thinking. For their last and thus most weak trait, INFP = extroverted thinking, INTP = extroverted feeling.

I'm someone who gets either INTP or INFP. Such occurrence makes perfect sense when you realise that the questions, at least in the tests I have seen, for T and F are built on the logical/emotion dichotomy. Individuals with a personality which is concerned with both reason and emotion with sometimes get either because they don't fit in the neat boxes they are meant to. Of course, this merely points to the inaccuracy of trying to categorise people into such narrow groups.

Yes I know, the tests are built in a way where the T and F are within the same questions and depending on how you answer you either get +1 to T or +1 to F and then whichever you get more of you're assigned that.

I was pointing out that this is fundamentally flawed because INTP and INFP are not just different by one variable, they are completely different by other points. These tests ignore all the other variables that are extremely important and therefore the tests are extremely misleading and are flat out built incorrectly.

I suspect that most people don't look at the system beyond the four letters and what they would imply. This may be why your analysis did not garner much interest. Amusing, it also means an ignorant understanding of the system is probably less inaccurate than a proper one.

I don't understand what you meant by your very last sentence about an ignorant understanding of the system is less inaccurate than a proper one. I'm not critiquing the system (the MBTI system) what I'm critiquing is that the tests do not implement the system accurately in the sense that the tests do not do what they're supposed to do, accurately describe and categorize you into the system.

Oh, I see. I meant that they would simply understand the results of a test in terms of what they letter said, which may be more accurate, as it dispenses with certain oppositional functions which may not be true. For example, in the instance of INTP and INFP, a deep understanding of the system would have someone thinking they were the complete opposite of each other and never occurred together, so where does that leave individuals who use both thinking and feeling(I would class myself among that group I think, given how I act and feel)? In understanding T and F as not necessarily oppositional, by simply reading the letters as descriptions of traits, may get closer to understanding the nature of some individuals than the system would.
Gonecrazy12345

Most of you ******** are saying that you're INTP's or INTJ's the analytic types so you should be interested in my argument about why these tests MBTI tests are utterly fallacious and should not be taken seriously at all.

Amazing that most of you think you're analytic yet you won't even take the time to read a short explanation as to why these tests are dumb. As an NT you should be interested in analysis yet you won't even take 3 minutes out of your life to read a short analysis, amazing.

You care far too much about the way that some people on the internet deal with a silly personality test. It is just for fun, so try not to let it bother you. heart

Super Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Protagonist Mei-chan
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Take the test and post your results.
I'm an INFJ. c:

Private, dependable, resolute, concentrated, creative, sympathetic, people centered, idealistic, orderly, planner.
(Go to this site to learn about your type.)
http://characteranalysis.thesggroup.co.uk/sgca.php?pcatype=INFJ

What are you, LD?
ISFJ
Introvert(33%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(12%) Judging(44%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Is that good or bad?
Gonecrazy12345
The Willow Of Darkness
Gonecrazy12345

Eh, this is flawed reasoning. Not everyone who is analytical is interested in analysing everything.

Yes but lets be honest, most people who are getting NT's in this thread do not act like NT's at all in this forum period even outside this thread.

You can always bring up something that echos the problem of induction "Oh well how do you know that they are analytic when you aren't paying attention? How do you know they aren't analytic outside LD?" But at some point when some looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's reasonable to call it a duck. And I'm saying that the vast majority of people in the LD are not NT types even though most people are saying they are.

Like I said I think this is because the answers that lead to being categorized as an NT in some form is ego boosting, like I said most people want to think they're smart, deep, and independent thinkers. So to me I think this is the more reasonable explanation.

Like you for example, you to me seem like an NT. You act like one, your interests are interests an NT would have, you talk like one, you analyze and argue with people. This is what NT's do, yet you're an extremely rare individual in the LD.

The nature of the bad tests, of course, may produce a situation where individuals answer incorrectly, such as favouring answering that they think rationally when they don't really do so. However, it is difficult to judge someone simply off what they post in an internet forum. Perhaps what is being discussed simply does not interest them? Perhaps they lack the appropriate education to engage in such an analysis? You have to remember both the age of the LD and that people might do their analysis outside of discussion in the LD(I have students without an interest in the humanities particularly in mind here). The rather unclear meanings of the categories does not help either. Where does the individual who doesn't really feel emotionally involved with much but has little interest in analysing much around them fall? By the terms of F,they seem misplaced because they don't have really have deep feelings themselves or a great concern for the feelings of others, yet in not really having an interest in analysing, they don't fit within T either. Do they count as F because they generally just accept what comes? Or do they count as T because it is the truth, as unanalytical as it may be, which what matters as opposed to the feelings?

I would suggest that, in addition to those being analytical else where or merely within their own heads(as opposed to posting what the the thought processes behind there thoughts), some, would falling into this ambiguous category.

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ENFP
Extravert(1%) iNtuitive(50%) iNtuitive Feeling(12%) Perceiving(44)%
You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

The full blown explanation and career suggestions are informative.

Conservative Seeker

I don't remember what kind of score I had when I did the personality test, but I do remember that is wasn't accurate at all.
Problem with such tests is that a person might not be honest with himself, and won't answer currently. I mean, many people would prefer to consider themselves with analytical thinking rather than emotional thinking, even if it's not true. That's just one example...

Besides, I find it hard to believe that there are only 16 types of personalities. We are much more complicated than that.

All in all, all those "personality tests" are fun to do. But they are not even close to being accurate. So it's stupid to take them seriously.

Friendly Phantom

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm an ISFJ. I guess it's sort of accurate.

Greedy Capitalist

ENTJ. Im the best personality type. Suck it.
ISFP
Introvert(22%) Sensing(38%) Feeling(62%) Perceiving(22)%
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

ISFP
Astute – Sensitive – Laid back
Loyal
Gentle
Caring
Modest
Harmonious
Dislikes conflict
Gets overlooked
Gives little away
Quietly watchful
Difficult to know

Hilarious Prophet

Everyday Dreamer

31,125 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
ISFJ
Introvert(56%) Sensing(38%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

ISFJ
Loyal – Harmonious – Completer
Takes care of the routine
Behind-the-scenes
People-centred
Concerned
Nurtures
Supports
Practical
Willing
Quiet
Shy
It seems from the various tests and descriptions that I am between INTP and INFP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff