Enduring Phantom

Pseudo-Onkelos
Resonare Praeteriti
Pseudo-Onkelos
Resonare Praeteriti
Pseudo-Onkelos

Really? It doesn't seem like it fits me. sweatdrop

...Maybe if you try again it'll be more accurate? biggrin

If it helps, mine doesn't fit perfectly either, haha. I'm a little more imaginative than they make me to be. We're rebels against the system, I tell you. ninja

The questions are vague, so I think, "Well, what do you mean? It depends on the situation."

Exactly! gonk

Some of them I can only think "I need specifics, dammit! I don't care if it takes five separate questions to cover all the situations, just elaborate even a little!"

For example, the question about going to a party or reading a book, I chose the book because I am assuming this party is a gala or something. If it's just me and a few people I know, then I'd go with that.

Naturally, not every party is the same, after all. Some I'd go out of my way to avoid, others I'd gladly go to. It just depends on the context.

Adored Admirer

Resonare Praeteriti
Pseudo-Onkelos
Resonare Praeteriti
Pseudo-Onkelos
Resonare Praeteriti
Pseudo-Onkelos

Really? It doesn't seem like it fits me. sweatdrop

...Maybe if you try again it'll be more accurate? biggrin

If it helps, mine doesn't fit perfectly either, haha. I'm a little more imaginative than they make me to be. We're rebels against the system, I tell you. ninja

The questions are vague, so I think, "Well, what do you mean? It depends on the situation."

Exactly! gonk

Some of them I can only think "I need specifics, dammit! I don't care if it takes five separate questions to cover all the situations, just elaborate even a little!"

For example, the question about going to a party or reading a book, I chose the book because I am assuming this party is a gala or something. If it's just me and a few people I know, then I'd go with that.

Naturally, not every party is the same, after all. Some I'd go out of my way to avoid, others I'd gladly go to. It just depends on the context.

True.

7,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ISTJ

Introvert(11%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(12%) Judging(56%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

That sounds... boring?

Enduring Phantom

brutal palm tree massacre
Resonare Praeteriti
Forgot two questions. Turns out today I'm an INTP once I answered them. emotion_awesome

INTP

Detached - Sceptical - Flexible
Bursts of energy
Autonomous
Strong-willed
Conceptual
Evaluator
Impulsive
Rational
Critical
Casual
Deep

INTP FO LYFE
I'm curious as to where you (and everyone else) found those descriptors though.

emotion_brofist emotion_dealwithit

Found it in the second link, at the bottom of the page is the condensed list. 3nodding
Resonare Praeteriti
Resonare Praeteriti
Forgot two questions. Turns out today I'm an INTP once I answered them. emotion_awesome

INTP

Bursts of energy
Autonomous
Strong-willed
Conceptual
Evaluator
Impulsive
Rational
Critical
Casual
Deep

INTP FO LYFE

Found it in the second link, at the bottom of the page is the condensed list. 3nodding

Oh lol, it even says so in the OP. This is what comes of not actually reading. emotion_donotwant

Lonely Explorer

It's what I was expecting.

ENFJ
Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Feeling(12%) Judging(33%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Anxious Hunter

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Enduring Phantom

Resonare Praeteriti
Resonare Praeteriti

INTP

Bursts of energy
Autonomous
Strong-willed
Conceptual
Evaluator
Impulsive
Rational
Critical
Casual
Deep

INTP FO LYFE

Oh lol, it even says so in the OP. This is what comes of not actually reading. emotion_donotwant

It's cool, we all do that at some point, haha.

7,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
ESFJ
Extravert(67%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(75%) Judging(1%)

Excitable Celebrator

9,700 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
ESFJ

Odd, I was an ENFP earlier this year...
sweatdrop

These MBTI tests are extremely flawed. I'm not going to point out the obvious that lots of people will already say "They aren't scientifically sound" or "You can't box people into 16 different personality types" or "These are fun but not accurate." But rather I will point out that by listening to what people say in here, I can tell that people in here don't have a grasp at all about how these MBTI personality types work.

For example lots of people when they take this test make silly comments like "I used to be an ENFP and now it says ENTP" or comments like "I'm an INTP and you're an INTJ! We're really similar there's only one letter difference."

Just as Lex Luthor said

People are completely misunderstanding these personality types. And personally I don't blame people for misunderstanding the MBTI personality categories because the morons who build these tests build them in a fundamentally flawed manner. Every single MBTI test I've ever seen is complete and utter trash in the way it's made.

The simple logic behind these tests is that you're assigned 4 variables to your personality and there's 2 possibilities for each variable, so that leads to something that looks like this:
(Introversion or Extroversion)
(Intuition or Sensing)
(Thinking or Feeling)
(Judgment or Perception)

Then when you take these tests what they do is they ask a question like "Do you like to party with a lot of people or hang out with just a few?" And if you answer the former, you picked extroversion, you pick the latter you get introversion. Each question is like this with the multiple different variables, then at the end of the test the computer program adds up your total, and depending on which you answered more for each variable, it will assign you that specific choice to take place in that variable. Just to demonstrate what I meant by this, when you answer all the questions in a test and then click on the button that finishes the test, in the background the computer is simply doing arithmetic with something that looks like this:
(Introversion = 1, Extroversion = 4)
(Intuition = 3, Sensing = 2)
Thinking = 5, Feeling = 0)
(Judgment = 2, Perception = 3)

So the computer would look at this, add this up and say your personality type is an ENTP (and it'll go into detail like in this example with percentages "80% Extroverted, 60% Intuition, 100% Thinking, 60% Perception) See how this works? This is what the test is doing.

Well the fundamental flaw with this is that the test is not taking into account that an INTJ and an INTP are two extremely different personality types. To a person and to the test, who just looks at the 4 variables and believes "Oh there's only 1 variable difference! They are so similar!" Again I go back to what Lex Luthor said "WRONG!!!" An INTP and an INTJ are extremely different.

What the test and you the reader are not taking into account, is that within each specific variable, there are two different ways of organizing the variables that you are not looking at. The first format you're not noticing is that the last 3 variables in how I've organized them (NS, TF, JP) are independent variables while your extroversion/introversion variables are dependent. What I mean by this is that say you're assigned the variable T, meaning that you're a thinker. Well that doesn't tell you whether you're an introverted thinker or an extroverted thinker. For example an INTJ, even though it has an I and a T, an INTJ is actually an Extroverted thinker. An INTP is an introverted thinker. Those two ways of thinking are entirely different.

Furthermore the other format you are not looking at is your dominant trait, auxiliary trait, and the last two traits. Your dominant trait is the trait that is the most dominant within your entire personality, and whether you're an introvert or extrovert always defines your dominant trait. So if you have an "I" in your personality type, your dominant trait is always introverted and vice versa. To look at INTP's and INTJ's specifically, an INTP's dominant trait is introverted thinking, while an INTJ's dominant trait is introverted intuition. For their auxiliary trait (The trait that supports your dominant trait) INTP's have extroverted intuition and INTJ's have extroverted thinking. Then for the last two they are vastly different as well.

So my conclusion is that the way these tests are created is utter bullshit because it's not taking into account those two other crucial aspects of these personality types that must be taken into account if you care about them being accurate. The other aspect is that you the reader, you are not taking this into account. For example I think I heard one user in here say that they're either an INTP or an INFP. Well that makes no sense because the only two traits that INTP's and INFP's have in common are both their auxiliary and third trait, both of which are (Extroverted intuition and Introverted sensing) when it comes to their dominant and most important function though, they are completely different and so is their last function. An INFP's most dominant trait is introverted feeling, INTP's is introverted thinking. For their last and thus most weak trait, INFP = extroverted thinking, INTP = extroverted feeling.

Also this is a good explanation as to why you see a huge amount of people saying they are INTP or INTJ, when it is clearly obvious looking at their behavior that they clearly are not these types. The explanation is most likely that the way in which INTP's and INTJ's answer the questions, it is an ego boosting way of answering the questions (Who doesn't want to say they're more rational minded and that they don't care about what people think of them and that they are smart/analytic?).
Just to add one more small comment with my explanation, you have to keep in mind that your personality type is not as straightforward as you think it is. Just to give an example, we saw that the INTP and the INFP have their feeling oriented variable the complete opposite in both formats. In the first format, the INTP has extroverted feeling, INFP has introverted feeling. The second format is flipped as well, INTP's feeling variable is their last and thus most weak variable, for the INFP it's their dominant trait.

But even if this is the case, you have to realize that by the nature of an INTP having extroverted feeling, even when it's their least dominant trait, it's possible that an INTP is more a more expressive person than an INFP is. So if you were to talk to an INTP although they may be shy and seem calm for the most part, INTP's will move their arms around, express themselves with their face easily, etc, etc. INTP's have an extroverted feeling trait which means that they express their feelings in perhaps not as much as say an ESFJ (Who's dominant trait is extroverted feeling), but nevertheless they will be expressive. an INTJ on the other hand is going to appear much colder than an INTP will, even though an INTJ's weakest trait is not their feeling trait. an INTJ's feeling trait = introverted feeling which means INTJ's are not going to be nearly expressive as an INTP and an INTJ is going to appear more cold emotionally than an INTP is.

An INFP may be less expressive than an INTP, even though it's most dominant trait is feeling. THe reason is because they're introverted feeling, meaning that their main mode of feeling is mostly internal not external.

So again, to categorize yourself accurately requires some serious thought and honest introspection to figure out. You can't just be brain dead about this and go "HERP DE DERP WELL I EXPRESS MYSELF A LOT SO I MUST BE A FEELER RATHER THAN A THINKER!" No, you may be a thinker even if you're very expressive with your emotions. And you might be a feeling oriented person rather than a thinker even if you appear cold and emotionless to other people.

Rainbow Ladykiller

ENFP.
My husband is ISTJ

Friendly Fairy

Ahh, a Myers-Briggs test... I haven't taken one of these in a while. Let's roll the dice and see what I come up with, shall we?

Quote:
21. You know how to put every minute of your time to good purpose
LOL, do you mean knowing how, or actually doing it?

Anyway, what I actually got was:

INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(12%) Judging(1%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I think that's pretty similar to the result I got last time. I'm pretty sure it was the same letter score but I think the percentages changed by quite a bit. Interesting.
Sounds right....pretty sure it's nicely saying people will use me hahahaha

ENFJ
Extravert(44%) iNtuitive(50%) iNtuitive Feeling(75%) Judging(11%)
•You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
•You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
•You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (75%)
•You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Harmonious – Organised – Encouraging
Enthusiastic
Enjoining
Relational
Nurtures
Energetic
Considered
Dependable
Considerate
‘The glue’
Loyal

Quick Reply