Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Lover

4,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tipsy 100
  • Full closet 200
One of my bf's was talking about dumping a guy because he asked her to pick him up for dates. Personally I find it weird but not worth completely leaving someone. The main thing I was worried about was the fact that she was so upset. I really didn't see the problem. He doesn't have a car but she does. But as far as I knew they seemed to get along to really well so maybe it's just me.

Discuss.
What would actually make or break being with someone.
Is she overacting?
Have you heard or actually left someone for something minor?

King Cutie-Pie

x
            Maybe she felt like she was being used for her car?

Anyway, I know when I was younger, doing drugs was a dealbreaker for me. I guess it probably still is, considering I don't do any, and I'd rather have a partner who didn't as well.
            These days, I don't really care if someone does drugs, but I wouldn't be able to kiss someone who smokes cigarettes or weed, just because of the taste I'm imagining.

Also, they have to have self-esteem. I'm not going to be your partner just to constantly tell you how wonderful you are just so you can feel good about yourself.

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Clambake 200
Their attitude. I can't stand negativity, and I need someone who will tell me the truth as well.
I think she overreacted. Ive dated my bf for 5 years going on 6, and for the first 2 and a half years I had no car. Were still together.
Ive only been in one relationship, so no.

Adored Admirer

She may as well leave him if the person she supposedly loves is a hassle for her.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Kids and marriage is my deal breaker. I want them and if the person I am with doesn't then, they aren't worth my time.

But things I can live without is a cheater and a d**k. I hate those types of men with a passion.

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
when the chick is just insane. bad experiences with a puerto rican and a romanian chick.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"Cheaters are not to be forgiven. Ever."
User Image
If someone does drugs. Complete deal breaker.

Distinct Lover

4,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tipsy 100
  • Full closet 200
Melodic_Madness
Their attitude. I can't stand negativity, and I need someone who will tell me the truth as well.
I think she overreacted. Ive dated my bf for 5 years going on 6, and for the first 2 and a half years I had no car. Were still together.
Ive only been in one relationship, so no.

I'm with you on the honesty.

Distinct Lover

4,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tipsy 100
  • Full closet 200
Onigetoe
Kids and marriage is my deal breaker. I want them and if the person I am with doesn't then, they aren't worth my time.

But things I can live without is a cheater and a d**k. I hate those types of men with a passion.

I understand you want to start from scratch.
It is weird dating someone with kids, it's not because they weren't mine...
I didn't want the kids to be scarred if I left.
Usually I get along with kids and he wanted me to have another one...It was scary.
If they aren't planning to do anything with their lives. I want someone with ambition and have goals that they are working on.
I was thinking about dating this one girl who seemed nice, but all she did was smoke and collect money for disability. She even aspired to work in the police force, but (and not to disrespect anyone) but she was heavyset, and had no plans of getting active or being healthy to reach that goal.

Beloved Sex Symbol

MeltingOrgasms
Onigetoe

I understand you want to start from scratch.
It is weird dating someone with kids, it's not because they weren't mine...
I didn't want the kids to be scarred if I left.
Usually I get along with kids and he wanted me to have another one...It was scary.

Now when it came to dating a guy with kids already, I would probably be ok with it (all depended on how comfortable the kids are with me and I am with them)
And I can agree with not wanting to scar them if I left. Now when it came to having one with the guy who already had kids I would want to wait (a long time if need be) and see were we would be going.

Fluffy Wolf

That's definitely overreacting. But I guess everyone has their quirks. That chick seems pretty high-maintenance, maybe he's gonna dodge a bullet if she dumps him.

My personal dealbreakers: no drugs/tobacco, no bad hygiene, no abusing me or manipulating me, and no cheating. Yay.

Rainbow Ladykiller

She probably wanted someone more independent, someone who is able to drive themselves places.

I used to think I had a lot of deal breakers, but I've realized I really don't. I'll edit some in later, I'm in a hurry.

Ladykiller

Depression, when they aren't willing to seek help for it. I am not a psychiatrist and as hard as I try nothing I do will ever make them happy and they don't even want to take the steps to make themselves happy.

Now if they're seeking help and trying their best to get it sorted, I'd be there with them every step of the way. I just cannot handle lovers/partners/whatever with depression anymore. It's mentally and emotionally taxing on me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff