Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which one are you:

I'd rather learn to attract the men I want and master this skill in order to have options to choose from 0.4368932038835 43.7% [ 45 ]
I'd rather wait for the right Prince Charming to come along - he'll get here eventually 0.5631067961165 56.3% [ 58 ]
Total Votes:[ 103 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

This is our d e c i s i o n to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.

If I had to choose, It'd be the second group.
I'm pretty shy that way... >w>;

We'll choke on our v o m i t and that will be the end.
We were fated to pretend.
Jaytyk
Eternal Pinky Coconut

Which group do you belong to?

The group that doesn't like men : D
This topic seems interesting, though.

Me too!

Gracious Flatterer

1,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
I go by instinct.Human instinct is rather quit powerful without you even trying.
I'm the kind of woman who looks like a woman but acts like a man. >_>

On topic, I've never chased anyone in my life. XD

I've never really had to chase anyone, If I like someone I tell them. Or show them. Nothing like a kiss to get your feelings across.
I'm not a time waster - if I can tell a man is interested in me and I'm interested in him I just go for it.
If the feeling isn't mutual I move on.

Dainty Doll

I was always in the first group.

I had attracting men down to an art form.

I had quite a few boyfriends that were well out of my league, because I know how to talk to guys, and how to use what I already have to make them like me.

It just so happened that "The One" for me, did come and find me anyway, I barely had to encourage him.
The male kind?

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself xD

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I don't really see those as two entirely separate categories. Many women who are waiting for the right sort of guy to come along feel they'll know him when they find him and then might try to attract him. While many women feel the guy should do all the work and are at a complete loss of what to do when he's uninterested, they don't always just sit back and try to stay that way, assuming he must not be the right one.

As for me, I fall in the 'taken' category and for the most part before that I was in the 'uninterested' one. So I have no idea what kind of woman I'd be.
Interesting topic. I'm not attracted to people, but I always figured that if I /were/ and if I were interested in anyone (guy or girl) I wouldn't do either of the above. Rather I'd try to start a /friendship/ with them and see if anything develops out of that. Flirting and seduction is... I dunno, it feels like being quite forceful. Plus, I figure I'd rather get to know them first and see what they're really like, and the best way to do that is friendship.

That said, I /don't/ get attracted to anyone in that way, so do take the above with a grain of salt; it's all extremely hypothetical and I can't really imagine a lot of the things involved. Just wanted to point out the two categories don't exactly seem exhaustive to me.
i'm like... right in between..... weird, but it makes sense to me.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play that hard to get game with guys. =]
But I found my one true love in the oddest of places. He was my best friend. lol
now he is not only my best friend, but the love of my life. =]
If you want that piece of cake, go for it.
It's not gonna come floating into your mouth.
biggrin

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Eternal Pinky Coconut
Have you ever consciously studied and researched the theory of pickup and seduction? Thought about techniques and methods you could use to get the guy you want? Or are you one of those people who have the "the one you're meant to be with will come one day" mindset?

I'm wondering, because it seems that women are separated into two groups - one that supports going for it and getting the man she wants by attracting him, encouraging -him- to chase -her-, learning how to get him -

and the other, whose members sit on their butts and wait for someone who 'accepts' them and is perfectly right for them to magically appear. Which I'm sure works for some people, but I can't help but scoff at the chances of it happening to EVERYONE.

Which group do you belong to?

Oh also, if you're interested in being part of the -first- group and are 16 or older, send me a PM, I don't want to advertise the site in the forum itself :S

Umm, no I've never studied it. But I have thought about techniques and methods, like having a "trial and error run"
I don't really think I belong to either one, because I am pretty straight forward, but I can be shy.
When I found that "one person" I wasn't really looking for anyone, and I didn't have to try to get him to like me. But I do admit to seducing him into things ^^
there are a few boys in r/l i know like me but i dont really like them!
why is it that the only people who like me, i dont like them?
I flirted, I dated, I pursued-and I found the man of my dreams because of it whee I am happily engaged, to be married Valentine's Day 2010. I honestly think I'd still be single if I hadn't sucked it up and went for him. Ladies, a man isn't going to know you're interested in him if you don't show him you're interested.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Object of Affection 150
I didn't really care about having a s/o either way... but I found him anyways O:
I kinda just expressed an interest in the guys I dated. Sometimes that just wasn't enough to keep a solid relationship but it's how it goes. You gotta try to find out if something's going to work.

I asked out this guy to my senior prom... and I ended up marrying him two years later. And I'm still with him 6 years after prom. =)

I don't think anyone should really go to a date trying to find their life partner- you have to figure out how you interact with that person before you start making wedding plans. I know people that have found the "one" after a day of hanging out. *shrugs*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff