Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which one are you:

I'd rather learn to attract the men I want and master this skill in order to have options to choose from 0.4368932038835 43.7% [ 45 ]
I'd rather wait for the right Prince Charming to come along - he'll get here eventually 0.5631067961165 56.3% [ 58 ]
Total Votes:[ 103 ]
1 2 3 4 >

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Have you ever consciously studied and researched the theory of pickup and seduction? Thought about techniques and methods you could use to get the guy you want? Or are you one of those people who have the "the one you're meant to be with will come one day" mindset?

I'm wondering, because it seems that women are separated into two groups - one that supports going for it and getting the man she wants by attracting him, encouraging -him- to chase -her-, learning how to get him -

and the other, whose members sit on their butts and wait for someone who 'accepts' them and is perfectly right for them to magically appear. Which I'm sure works for some people, but I can't help but scoff at the chances of it happening to EVERYONE.

Which group do you belong to?

Oh also, if you're interested in being part of the -first- group and are 16 or older, send me a PM, I don't want to advertise the site in the forum itself :S

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Jaytyk
Eternal Pinky Coconut

Which group do you belong to?

The group that doesn't like men : D
This topic seems interesting, though.

I thought it was, but nobody seems to be replying. I'll have to try a different forum I frequent later.
I don't belong to either group. I honestly have no desire to be in any relationship whatsoever.
I'd have to say the first. I'm an assertive woman. I like to flirt. I like to put myself out there. Not in an excessive way, but when there's an opportunity to do it, I go for it. Like at a party. If I want to go home with a guy, I'm not going to sit in the corner. I'm going to go talk to guys, and be witty and joke around. Have fun. And I'm definitely not looking for Prince Charming. I'm only 18. I've got plenty of time to find "The Perfect Man". For now, I'll have a good time and be out-going and not take anything too seriously. x)
(I'm a girl)
I'm still young..
So i'm leaning towards the second kind.

I don't need to find a guy right now.

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Babydoll, sounds like an awesome attitude. Have fun while you're young, there's time for more serious relationship goals later in life biggrin

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I've done both, neither of them have worked for me. :/
So, Eternal Pinky Coconut, I assume you identify yourself with the first group? x)
|| - { Your heart is charcoal, smoking black. . . } - ||

I always go for what I want and often fail misserably.
The only time I haven't failed was when I was pursuing a female.
I think, honestly, that I play both.

|| - { Why don't you just tie the mattress to your back? } - ||
I'm definitely in group two, and I'm not shy about it. Why? It worked for me.
I honestly don't know what group I'm in because both kind of happened.

The prince showed up and I went after him.
Starting relationships with people I've never met before just seems scary to me. (Like, flirting with people you meet at Starbucks or just randomly.) I suppose I could be more assertive. I'm a pretty private person, so it always feels awkward for me to flirt with someone in front of other people. I definitely can flirt if I want to though.

Angelic Phantom

Hmm, not sure which group I'd be in. Since I've never fallen in love, it's hard to say. I haven't dated all that much, but I'm a huge flirt (and I've had a number of random make-outs for fun). I have no trouble getting guys to like me, but I'm never actually interested in any of them. I want to fall in love, but I haven't yet... I'm 22. I feel like I'm just the girl who ends up breaking guys' hearts (which sucks, 'cause I hate having to let them down, I don't like to hurt people). Admittedly, the few times that I've found an interest in a guy, I ended up either letting him walk out of my life forever, or I, myself, turned around and walked away, never to look back. ...maybe I'm afraid...

So, I'm waiting to fall in love, but I'm also actively flirting (though, with guys I'm not interested in... flirting is all fun and good... doesn't mean much...). Neither of these techniques will work. What will work, though I have yet to get over myself to try it, is to change my thought pattern in regards to relationships and myself. Note that I wrote something above about: just being the girl who breaks hearts? Yah, that's the wrong kind of mindset for someone who wants to be in a lasting and meaningful relationship. The kind of mindset I'm demonstrating now will just aid me in continuing down my perpetually single path.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff