Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Hey!

Well,I am 15 years old and I'm so confused.

I am depressed I think,I often think about suicide and I have these voice in my head telling me I'm not good enough and I should just kill myself.

Another thing is my best friend,we are extremely close but I get really angry and upset when she hangs out with other people and she is currently on holiday in Spain with our other best friend and it is really hurting me,I planned to run away or kill myself because I felt so alone.

And another thing is I feel like I am two people,One of them (myself) wants to be happy and not feel any of these things.But then the other just wants to be sad and do all of the things I don't want to do e.g self harm and suicide.Im afraid one day the bad part of me will take over and I'll be helpless becuase I don't want any of this.Sometimes the bad part of me does stuff that I wouldn't do and then it's too late to fix.

I sound so stupid and I will probably get loads of hate but please help
go see a therapist not gaiaonline

Demonic Phantom

My advice to you is to stop being so over dramatic. Your 15, those are terrible reasons to resort to suicide. Give your friend some room, you don't need to be sharing the same air.

You think you're depressed? Consult a doctor.

You have a "bad side"? Learn to have common sense and control it.

Conservative Mechanic

you sound like me when I was 13

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

So...you should be seeing a doctor....
dont talk to Gaia about it, were nowhere near qualified for giving you answers to help you other than seeing a medical professional.

User ImageUser Image
Seek a therapist, please.
Yeah, there isn't anything we would be able to do since we aren't there in the situation. There is nothing wrong with taking anti depressants especially when your in high school it can be the worst.

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
First of all, there is a Life Issues subforum that I think this topic would be better suited to. We have a lot of trolls here in Lifestyle Discussion, so don't be surprised if you get a bunch of hate here, and definitely don't take it to heart. They're like that to everybody.

As for the actual issue at hand, I'm not entirely sure how to interpret you when you say you have "voices in your head" and "a bad side." If you just mean that you feel like there's a part of you that always puts yourself down and wants to indulge in self-harm and the like, that's not healthy, but I don't think it's too unusual, either. If you are seriously hearing voices and feel like you have some sort of split personality, that is a serious psychological condition that requires far more qualified help (i.e. a professional psychiatrist) than we on GaiaOnline can give you.

I'm afraid I can't exactly give you a solution, but it sounds like you're very insecure. Getting overly attached to a person (to the point where you get upset and jealous if they're not around you or with someone else) is usually a sign that you're not comfortable in your own skin - you're dependent on other people for happiness. Now, I suffer from a bit of insecurity myself, so I can't give you a cure for that, but the best way to do it ideally would be to find something that can boost your confidence. Take a hobby you're good at or something you don't like about yourself and want to improve and go for it.

In addition, an unhealthy mind (one that's prone to depression, spends a lot of time thinking about suicide, and otherwise puts yourself down for no reason) often goes alongside an unhealthy body. Getting a good amount of regular exercise, a consistent sleep schedule that gives you a good amount of sleep, and a healthy diet can all help you feel better - and will often make you look better, too. If you have serious mental/emotional conditions, adapting to a healthy lifestyle still won't be a cure-all, but it'll probably help, at the very least because it boosts your confidence in knowing that you can change your lifestyle like that.

And finally, a lot of this is probably hormones. When I was your age (I'm 22 now) I was also very prone to depression and high anxiety, and to some extent I still am, but I'm much better now than I used to be, and I think a lot of that is just because all the chemicals going on in your body at that age just makes you crazy. You're like a pot of boiling water ready to burst or something. After a few years it just mellows out. Obviously, if you commit suicide, you never get to mellow out, so I strongly, strongly encourage you to suffer through and stick with it. It'll get better.

Most of what I've said is pretty cliche, but it's really all we on GaiaOnline can tell you. If you'd like someone to talk to, feel free to add me or send me a PM or something. I'd be happy to chat if it'd help you feel better. But you may need professional psychiatric help, depending on how bad this is, so I'll urge you now to try and assess whether you think you actually need it, and not to be afraid of them. There are some shitty psychiatrists who are all about pushing drugs on their patients, and if you find one like that just find a different one. I think they're generally well-meaning and genuinely want to help people rather than "brainwash" people or push their agenda or whatever you might hear. They can help you in ways that no one else can - they have education, experience, and resources specifically for helping you. So don't be afraid to ask to see one.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
you gonna have to go to a doctor
jus dont tell em EVRYTHING else they might lock you inna room an electrocute you or somet
-my friend is going on holiday without me
-better kill myself

what?

Demonic Phantom

Flynn Fylnn
-better kill myself

what?

You've clearly overlooked every other key point in this topic.

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Flynn Fylnn
-better kill myself

what?

You don't get it so if you can't give me at least a little advice ******** off because there is alot more to this situation than I have spoken of so please go away

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Sadist Sedated
First of all, there is a Life Issues subforum that I think this topic would be better suited to. We have a lot of trolls here in Lifestyle Discussion, so don't be surprised if you get a bunch of hate here, and definitely don't take it to heart. They're like that to everybody.

As for the actual issue at hand, I'm not entirely sure how to interpret you when you say you have "voices in your head" and "a bad side." If you just mean that you feel like there's a part of you that always puts yourself down and wants to indulge in self-harm and the like, that's not healthy, but I don't think it's too unusual, either. If you are seriously hearing voices and feel like you have some sort of split personality, that is a serious psychological condition that requires far more qualified help (i.e. a professional psychiatrist) than we on GaiaOnline can give you.

I'm afraid I can't exactly give you a solution, but it sounds like you're very insecure. Getting overly attached to a person (to the point where you get upset and jealous if they're not around you or with someone else) is usually a sign that you're not comfortable in your own skin - you're dependent on other people for happiness. Now, I suffer from a bit of insecurity myself, so I can't give you a cure for that, but the best way to do it ideally would be to find something that can boost your confidence. Take a hobby you're good at or something you don't like about yourself and want to improve and go for it.

In addition, an unhealthy mind (one that's prone to depression, spends a lot of time thinking about suicide, and otherwise puts yourself down for no reason) often goes alongside an unhealthy body. Getting a good amount of regular exercise, a consistent sleep schedule that gives you a good amount of sleep, and a healthy diet can all help you feel better - and will often make you look better, too. If you have serious mental/emotional conditions, adapting to a healthy lifestyle still won't be a cure-all, but it'll probably help, at the very least because it boosts your confidence in knowing that you can change your lifestyle like that.

And finally, a lot of this is probably hormones. When I was your age (I'm 22 now) I was also very prone to depression and high anxiety, and to some extent I still am, but I'm much better now than I used to be, and I think a lot of that is just because all the chemicals going on in your body at that age just makes you crazy. You're like a pot of boiling water ready to burst or something. After a few years it just mellows out. Obviously, if you commit suicide, you never get to mellow out, so I strongly, strongly encourage you to suffer through and stick with it. It'll get better.

Most of what I've said is pretty cliche, but it's really all we on GaiaOnline can tell you. If you'd like someone to talk to, feel free to add me or send me a PM or something. I'd be happy to chat if it'd help you feel better. But you may need professional psychiatric help, depending on how bad this is, so I'll urge you now to try and assess whether you think you actually need it, and not to be afraid of them. There are some shitty psychiatrists who are all about pushing drugs on their patients, and if you find one like that just find a different one. I think they're generally well-meaning and genuinely want to help people rather than "brainwash" people or push their agenda or whatever you might hear. They can help you in ways that no one else can - they have education, experience, and resources specifically for helping you. So don't be afraid to ask to see one.

Thank you for your help.I would love to go see a doctor about this I really would,But last time I tried talking to my mom about it she would just say it's hormones and I shouldn't worry but no one understands what goes on in my head and Im pretty sure it isn't hormones.Thannk you so much for your reply smile

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Adalene De Couture
My advice to you is to stop being so over dramatic. Your 15, those are terrible reasons to resort to suicide. Give your friend some room, you don't need to be sharing the same air.

I am not being over dramatic,No one can understand what someone else is going through so for you to say I am being ''Over Dramatic'' is just a lil bitchy.Seriously,I have tried going to a doctor.I would not be resorting to Gaia for advice if I hadn't but my mom just it this was all hormones and I shouldn't worry.Yeah 'Learn to control it' so tell me where I can get a book for that?Is there a 'Trying to get rid of your bad side and learn not to be suicidal' for Dummies?I sure haven't seen one.Don't underestimate someone elses situation,So please don't speak so poorly of mine.Now go ahead and have a b***h about this reply.

Demonic Phantom

Panda-CrazzyXD
Adalene De Couture

I am not being over dramatic,No one can understand what someone else is going through so for you to say I am being ''Over Dramatic'' is just a lil bitchy.Seriously,I have tried going to a doctor.I would not be resorting to Gaia for advice if I hadn't but my mom just it this was all hormones and I shouldn't worry.Yeah 'Learn to control it' so tell me where I can get a book for that?Is there a 'Trying to get rid of your bad side and learn not to be suicidal' for Dummies?I sure haven't seen one.Don't underestimate someone elses situation,So please don't speak so poorly of mine.Now go ahead and have a b***h about this reply.

I won't 'have a b***h' about your reply.

But for starters, you should've posted some of this information in your initial post if you wanted me to give a less bitchy reply. Secondly, you shouldn't need a book to control your temptations. All you need is a brain and common sense to tame yourself, possibly medication if it's that severe. Thirdly, your mother is probably right. You probably do have hormones, if you consider your age being 15. Sit down with your mother in private to let her know you're being sincere. To me, it felt like all you did was ask her once of your case, and you weren't taking it seriously at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff