Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is the name of the behavioral description for women who hurt/injure their children to get attention from their boyfriend/husband? I can't remember the term. I'm not like this and no one I know is. I was just telling a friend the 3 things I ultimately hate, and this is one of them.

It is NOT Munchausen Syndrome. That is the syndrome where people hurt themselves. I'm asking for the one where WOMEN hurt their CHILDREN to gain attention from their HUSBANDS. There is something that describes that specifically.
I had no idea there was a technical term for this...

6,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Child abuser?

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Psycho Bitches?
Seriously though, we don't have a term, or real need for a term for this where i live.
Manchausans syndrome....spelling is wrong.

I know it, I just can't think of it. D:

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
If I had my way, they'd be called Soon-to-be-corpses.
Hurting kids is just awful.
miss_baileey

No, that's a name for someone who ACTS like they have a mental disorder.
EDIT: Nevermind, I read it wrong. But no, that's still not it. There's a specific term for women who do it.
It's Munchausen's, by the way.
:]
FushigiRei
miss_baileey

EDIT: Nevermind, I read it wrong. But no, that's still not it. There's a specific term for women who do it.

They often harm their children for attention though, in some cases it leads to death.
miss_baileey
FushigiRei
miss_baileey

They often harm their children for attention though, in some cases it leads to death.

Yes, but I watched Discovery Health one day and it had a show entirely on it,
and there is a specific term that describes women hurting their children just to get attention from their spouse.
I can't remember the name of it...but it can often stem from a lack of attention as a child, causing said person to have a habit of clinging to people. It's usually subconcious, and the women who DO have it don't even realize they're hurting their children intentially. Usually.

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
If I recall it's Postpartum Depression?
FushigiRei
What is the name of the behavioral description for women who hurt/injure their children to get attention from their boyfriend/husband? I can't remember the term. I'm not like this and no one I know is. I was just telling a friend the 3 things I ultimately hate, and this is one of them.

It's Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.
Hana Maehata
I can't remember the name of it...but it can often stem from a lack of attention as a child, causing said person to have a habit of clinging to people. It's usually subconcious, and the women who DO have it don't even realize they're hurting their children intentially. Usually.

On the Discovery Channel there was a show entirely dedicated to it.
This one lady purposefully poisoned her child without the child knowing.
He kept throwing up so she had to keep taking him to the hospital,
and the husband attended each visit.
So the more attention she wanted and the more she wanted to see her husband,
(his work prevented him from being home a lot)
the more she poisoned her child.
Styrene
FushigiRei

It's Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.

No, that's for someone who hurts themselves. I'm asking for the one where women purposefully hurt their children to gain attention from their husband.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff