Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is the most elite academic credential from this list?

MA (Masters) Psychology 0.42253521126761 42.3% [ 30 ]
MS (Masters) Aerospace Engineering 0.38028169014085 38.0% [ 27 ]
JD (Juris Doctor) Law 0.15492957746479 15.5% [ 11 ]
MBA (Masters of Business Administration) 0.042253521126761 4.2% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 71 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Aerospace engineering.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
You've made several posts just like this. Were the answers from previous threads not sufficient?

IMO these are all pretty equal, the only extra prestige you'll get from one over the other will depend on your own area and social group. I live near the state capital so lawyers are highly valued here because a lot of lawyers are in positions of power, but where I grew up doctors were more valued because there weren't a lot of good ones in practice. In the town where I went to college, PhD anything was valued because that meant you were probably a professor. I bet in very metro areas like NYC, MBAs are valued since there are a lot of big corporations around.

But none of that matters. You should pursue what you are passionate about. Everyone I know that went to grad school for the prestige, and not for passion for the field, is miserable and drowning in debt now.*

* Well, the ones I know who studied their passions are drowning in debt, too, but at least they're slaves to a job they like. Every single one of these paths has a few years of grueling, non-glamorous grunt-work to pull yourself up for the first few years, the people who don't love what they're doing don't make it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff