Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey all!

I'm a huge anime fan and have been for years, but recently I've spent a lot of time downloading anime, but less going out with friends and family.

I guess I love anime a lot and AM heading to a convention at the end of the month.. but should you let your hobby rule your life?

*Smiles* And while we're here what anime are you currently addicted to?
You'll grow out of it.

Everything in moderation, I always say.
*lol* I'm 26 - I'm not sure if I have time to grow out of it. biggrin

But you are right, everything in moderation! Ack.. just need the friends back now! wink

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Your hobbies shouldn’t rule your life, family and friends should always come first.

I am currently watching the fallowing anime

Naruto Shippuuden
Seto no Hanayome
Ouran High School Host Club
Death Note

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Blitzkrieg Beauty
You'll grow out of it.

Oh please, I know a couple who are middle aged and love anime (but I'm only 16, just so people know). But it only gets unhealty when every waking moment is dedicated to anything anime related. Going to cons are fine, just don't let the things you like rule your life or cloud your judgement.

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... >.>.... it depends would you like your hobby consume you?....
UndercoverAnachronism
Blitzkrieg Beauty
You'll grow out of it.

Oh please, I know a couple who are middle aged and love anime (but I'm only 16, just so people know). But it only gets unhealty when every waking moment is dedicated to anything anime related. Going to cons are fine, just don't let the things you like rule your life or cloud your judgement.
Immaturity has no age.

No offense, but letting a hobby become your entire life is a bit immature.
qwertyuioasdfghjkl cbzncbxncbn nc nsc nc x c

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Blitzkrieg Beauty
UndercoverAnachronism
Blitzkrieg Beauty
You'll grow out of it.

Immaturity has no age.

Its not their entire life, the women *who is technicaly my moms friend* is a social worker, she seems fine. Her husband is just as well. But just to say it again, don't let it become your life.

Besides, if people let their hobbies become their life, what would our hobbies be then?
UndercoverAnachronism
Blitzkrieg Beauty
UndercoverAnachronism
Blitzkrieg Beauty
You'll grow out of it.

Immaturity has no age.

Its not their entire life, the women *who is technicaly my moms friend* is a social worker, she seems fine. Her husband is just as well. But just to say it again, don't let it become your life.

Besides, if people let their hobbies become their life, what would our hobbies be then?
Just hobbies.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, for whatever reason. It can even become your job. But, if you're losing friends, and becoming a hermit because of it, you've got problems.

And your mom's friend may have an excessive hobby, but she still has friends and a job.
It's not wrong to like anime or attend conventions, but if you're in a position where it causes you to neglect friends, or eats up too much of your income, you need to cut down.

4,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Blitzkrieg Beauty
UndercoverAnachronism
Blitzkrieg Beauty
UndercoverAnachronism
Blitzkrieg Beauty
You'll grow out of it.

Immaturity has no age.

Just hobbies.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, for whatever reason. It can even become your job. But, if you're losing friends, and becoming a hermit because of it, you've got problems.

And your mom's friend may have an excessive hobby, but she still has friends and a job.

Oh, that's what you ment. Yeah, you're right about it becoming a problem when it makes you a hermit.
Its fine as you still have a social life.... Im rather obessed at the moment too. (im 14, 15 in march).

And since you asked, here are my favorites...
-Bleach
-Fruits Basket (the manga is incredibly better though.... -____-)
-Full Metal Alchemist

Ive watched a lot of others but those are my three favorites. ^^

Greedy Gekko

Can't read the comics (I literally can't read them) and only watch a few shows and only if nothing else is on. If you're over 18 you need to be watching less and reading only a little bit of em. Otherwise you will die either lonely or very very odd, chances are against you outgrowing it at all at that point. Dressing up the convention: over 18 you don't go as a kingdom hearts guy or a naruto charecter, you go as a sexy asian chick that so people couldn't care less about the charecter only your hot body. Saw a hot chick wrapped in toilet paper and I was wishing for a squirt gun. That was a good costume. Sakara is not good after 18. If you're ugly and want to dress up, DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE OTHERS!!
Well... It's not like it can become "unhealthy" to LIKE anime. However, like most of the people here said... If you let it take away from functioning in the real world and actually socializing. Then maybe you should cut back on it, ya know? I mean... I watch it all the time. (I have no friends either sweatdrop ) I don't do it for entertain only, but for other reasons. >___> So, if you actually keep it as a HOBBY then I'm sure nothing wrong can come of it. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff