Welcome to Gaia! ::

What if your boyfriend/girlfriend was converted to another religion or perhaps converted to a religion, is it ok for you to get pissed of because you don't share that belief? Should you be angry because he/she is doing somthing you "can't" share in?
I wouldn't be angry, honestly. But that's just me. It depends on how strongly you believe in religious aspects.
I could never date someone who isn't my religion. It's actually AGAINST my religion to do that.
I wouldn't get angry with them. Though it would really depend on how deeply religious you are, or how religious the bf/gf gets. Personally i wouldn't let the religious aspect bother me either way, as long as its not brought up consitently and my religious preference doesn't bother my girl friend.

Ladykiller

User Image

I wouldn't get angry but I'd be confused as hell. As long as he wouldn't bug me with it, I wouldn't care. confused User Image
This is why I'm agnostic/atheist and will only date agnostics and/or atheists only.

D;
I'm not religious and they shouldn't be either.
You shouldn't get pissed at all. Religion is something people shouldn't be so uptight about. We all believe what we believe. Get over it. I you actually care about him, you wouldn't care so much about what he believes or what he does within his religion. Polygamy would be a different story, but it's not even practiced often by Mormons.
I do not date outside of my religion. It does not work to well. If I was dating somebody that suddenly converted away, I would stay by their side for a bit, but it would cause problems between us eventually.

I am single so I have no need to worry about that for now.

Invisible Regular

I wouldn't care, but if they started trying to convert me, then I'd be annoyed and eventually get angry.
Well, you're supposed to love someone for who they are and not for their religion. You should respect their choice to change, it is THEIR descision, after all.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Religion is not something that concerns me in a relationship, unless someone wants me to compromise my religious ideals. That is something I will -not- do.

I don't think I could marry someone outside of my own religion though...unless they were content with the fact that since I was the one squeezing children out of my uterus, I was the one who got the say in what religion our children were being raised in.

My mother would probably kill me or my husband if I married an athiest; that much I'm sure of.
Utgardhaloki
I wouldn't get angry with them. Though it would really depend on how deeply religious you are, or how religious the bf/gf gets. Personally i wouldn't let the religious aspect bother me either way, as long as its not brought up consitently and my religious preference doesn't bother my girl friend.

ha what a loser

Shy Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

actually my boyfriend is Christian & i just don't care about religion(i'm not going to say i'm atheist, because it's apparently a religion now)

it doesn't really effect our relationship, if wants to get married in a church, i'd do it for him heart

BOOUser Image
no i wouldn't be put off by it.
it'd be weird getting used to, seeing as we share almost the same spiritual beliefs.

but as long as he didn't try pushing/forcing it onto me, i'd be okay.

that..and i know this sounds somewhat terrible and shallow, but i'm sure most sexually active people would understand...
that and if he cut off ALL sexual acts...
sweatdrop
I see no connection between religion and a relationship. Ones religion doesn't change the person. And you're dating the person for who they are. So just because they're religion may change doesn't mean they do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff