Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Humorist

GayAndGodlessVegan
GhostlyMark

Dude. I get it. You're gay.

arrow No; I don't think you get it. I don't think you understand how being anything other than a heterosexual is a daily struggle. For some more than others. I don't think you get why identities matter, as I doubt you are ever in a position in which your identity is invalidated or threatened, or in which you have to not be straight so that you'll get a job, get housing or aren't shunned by your family, are told by people that you're sick for being bisexual, asexual, pansexual or transgender.
You literally never have to worry about it.

arrow Some of us have our identity, which like our name or our ethnic background defines us just as much. Some of us cannot be anything other than our identity, as it is how society determines us. Some of us find comfort in our queerness; Maybe more than some of us....a lot of us. If you ever wonder why I make facetious threads about supporting heterosexuals, that is because heterosexual/cisgender people are selectively supportive...

arrow I don't think you get it. Not a tiny bit. Not at all.

Your identity doesn't have to be your sexual orientation or whatever gender you cling to. I'd like to think people were more interesting than that.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
GhostlyMark

Your identity doesn't have to be your sexual orientation or whatever gender you cling to. I'd like to think people were more interesting than that.

arrow Some queer folks don't have that choice; They're reminded of it every single day. Having to validate it. Having to fight for it. Having to go to court to get our basic human rights. We have to embrace it and be proud of it and celebrate our identities to prevent us from dying.

If we aren't interesting because our identity includes our gender and sexuality/sexual orientation, I can say we are very bothered. Or I'm not. Literally, we face worse every day than being told that we focus too much on the things we 'cling' to.

Kawaii Shoujo

ppl who are pansexual often fall into two categories

often they either mean they are attracted to all genders, as in male, female, agender, genderqueer, etc

or they mean they're attracted to men, women, ~and transgender people~. which is rly transphobic, but in my experience that's more what pansexual meant yeaaars ago and not as much currently.

tho i know a lot of bisexual people who aren't strictly attracted to male/female but other genders as well so

it rly depends on the person basically 8D

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
GayAndGodlessVegan
Obscurus

The LD ain't your table and making a big deal about how different you are virtually ensures you won't be accepted by the people in society that call the shots. You can be who or whatever you want to be but don't pretend that your baggage is any more important than anyone else's just because you're "oppressed". We've all been oppressed at some point in our lives.

You also don't get to tell me where to post, m8. If you don't like it then go cry in a guild.

arrow I meant the queer kids' table. You don't get to tell us how to identify ourselves or how to run things in the community, or how to make ourselves more appealing to the straight, cis, white majority.

arrow If we hadn't fought for our differences, we still would be even more downtrodden than before and we would still be ignored and treated as though homosexuality and being queer were a disease to be cured, and that we required electroshock therapy to cure it amongst other cruel treatments. In many countries, being queer is a criminal offense, and walking down the street whilst queer will surely get one killed, beaten up or thrown in jail.

arrow Have you ever literally feared for your life every single day? Every time you wake up? Have you been taken to some religious camp to be converted and then committed suicide? Have you ever been raped to make you 'normal'? Those are the stories of trans men and trans women and hundreds if not thousands of queer kids. Kids in the goddamned streets for being queer. Queer POCs, because the queer stigma knows no difference, and some in the community are far more oppressed than others.

arrow If one identity is invalidated and one sexuality is thrown under the bus then how are we any better than the bigots? I will not throw agender or bigender people under the bus. Or transgender people. Or asexuals, pansexuals and bisexuals. Because we're all queer, because we all are targets of ignorance, hatred and misunderstanding. Suddenly eliminating or condemning one group won't grant us rights. It is assimilation. It is death. Whatever happened to cultures and peoples who assimilated into larger communities and societies? What happens to our history and our suffering if we just accommodate to heterosexual modes of living?

arrow Yes, we've all been oppressed, but our brand of oppression guarantees our death. Queerphobia ain't over because some of us can get married. I don't know what you've undergone, 'mate'....but you simply cannot say that all oppression is at the same level. Or that just because we've all been oppressed, then we should be able to invalidate forms of oppression we ourselves have not been victims of. Or forms of oppression we cannot ever understand, just as you cannot understand queer oppression, unless I'm mistaken and you're queer yourself or know someone who is.

arrow I am not telling you where to post. I am simply wondering whether you really have any reason or need at all to be commenting on something as integral to a person as their gender/sex or their sexual identity/orientation...and deeming it as non-existent to you, because you've never had to question your sexuality or be tormented or guilt-ridden.
Thank you for contributing to suicide rates amongst queer people.

I've dealt with plenty of identity struggle and religious persecution. Just because I'm not queer doesn't invalidate my opinion on persecution and oppression. I've been threatened and I've most certainly been oppressed. My ultimate point is that arguing over the difference between being bisexual and pansexual is not very important in the grand scheme of things. The people that are doing the persecuting and oppressing don't give a crap if you're bisexual or pansexual. I've got all kinds of neat little labels that I identify with but outside of ******** around on the Internet they don't amount to much in the "real world".

That's what I'm trying to communicate. The real world does not care which you choose to call yourself. Expounding a million different gender identities and sexual orientations doesn't amount to anything to the people who hate you for being different. If anything it makes you even more different.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Obscurus

I've dealt with plenty of identity struggle and religious persecution. Just because I'm not queer doesn't invalidate my opinion on persecution and oppression. I've been threatened and I've most certainly been oppressed. My ultimate point is that arguing over the difference between being bisexual and pansexual is not very important in the grand scheme of things. The people that are doing the persecuting and oppressing don't give a crap if you're bisexual or pansexual. I've got all kinds of neat little labels that I identify with but outside of ******** around on the Internet they don't amount to much in the "real world".

That's what I'm trying to communicate. The real world does not care which you choose to call yourself. Expounding a million different gender identities and sexual orientations doesn't amount to anything to the people who hate you for being different. If anything it makes you even more different.

arrow Nothing is very important in the grand scheme of things. Humans aren't very important in the grand scheme of things. Our planet is one of possibly billions in several billion systems. We are probably not the only species.
People debating over the differences of the two identities may be insignificant, seeing as how the average human being lives to around 67 years of age. In that time, their experiences matter to them. Queer people, labelled as 'deviant' have been chased down in decades past. It was those willing to fight for their right to be able to identify as gay, as trans, as lesbians, as bisexuals, pansexuals and so forth. They fought with their own lives at times. They were bruised.
Yeah, nothing matters in the long run as our species will one day be gone. But that day is not yet here, and things matter to the people living with them and having to face the issues they face. I'm sorry life's been tough on you, but you don't get to say what things are important or not to others.

These identities didn't sprout on the internet; Sure, awareness has been raised online, and there is information, and people can ask questions and understand themselves and others better, but it's not as though they were just some online phenomenon. They have real impact on the world. Certainly, the people who attack queers and anyone who doesn't fall neatly into a category do care how they identify so they can beat them into the 'correct' label.

arrow I don't know what world you live in, but the world I see is a world that does care what pronouns others use, and what names. And whether 'sex' matches 'gender'. And whether people are either gay or straight. And what type of gay they are. And how 'masculine' or 'feminine' they are...and if you aren't one of those things, you are a f*****t and sometimes the community will shun you because they want to not be so different. Because being different is bad, but we cannot help but be 'different'.
I don't even know if you're much of a supporter of the LGBT community, and I really don't care. I just see that yours is an attitude that enables queerphobes and transmisogynists and transphobes to do as they do. You're on the bandwagon of "we all bleed red" whilst not really understanding that not everyone has the same brain perceptions of the world and of their attraction and of their bodies. Because people like you stand by whilst queer kids are beaten to death so they can be in that little box. Like Leelah Alcorn and many other trans girls.
I bet if you got your way, nobody would be anything other than straight and cis.

You are part of the problem.
Even more, you're one of the reasons why the problem exists.
I feel bad for the LGBT people who might know you, because you probably would let them be killed because they're too 'different'.

Liberal Receiver

Generally Pan includes errybody - Trans, genderqueer, nongendered, intersex, and whatnot. I honestly prefer the term Omnisexual. Fits in better, I think. Really for no reasonable reason.

However, people like my husband, who happens to be bisexual, lumps trans people and nongendered people with the male or female sex(But not the man/woman gender for the latter.). Genderqueer and gender fluid just happen to be two things that he's like "nope, so much nope." about, because of the interneting experiences we've had with people that have called themselves either, and got pissed off when they weren't referred to as the "correct gender for that day". (He also lumps in those born Intersex with male/man or female/woman if they identify as either.)

Though, in reality Genderqueer is actually a large comglomerate of different gender identities. IT includes Trigender, bigender, pangender, nongendered, gender fluid(where you switch between two genders AFAIK), and third-gendered.(Which is different from nongendered, because they associate as having one, but they don't associate themselves with man/woman.)

Because gender identity isn't as tangible a concept as one's sex, Pansexuality and genderqueer are often overlooked, or considered unessecary.
I find that those in the third-gendered or non-gendered range to be actively pleasant people and I can get along with them.(As far as I've experienced.)
As stated, bi/tri/pangendered and gender fluid, I usually don't get along with. It's not entirely intentional on my part, but I seem to piss them off without trying. Eventually, I just honestly give up.

However, when in doubt for the future. Wikipedia your quandry.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
GayAndGodlessVegan
Obscurus

arrow Nothing is very important in the grand scheme of things. Humans aren't very important in the grand scheme of things. Our planet is one of possibly billions in several billion systems. We are probably not the only species.
People debating over the differences of the two identities may be insignificant, seeing as how the average human being lives to around 67 years of age. In that time, their experiences matter to them. Queer people, labelled as 'deviant' have been chased down in decades past. It was those willing to fight for their right to be able to identify as gay, as trans, as lesbians, as bisexuals, pansexuals and so forth. They fought with their own lives at times. They were bruised.
Yeah, nothing matters in the long run as our species will one day be gone. But that day is not yet here, and things matter to the people living with them and having to face the issues they face. I'm sorry life's been tough on you, but you don't get to say what things are important or not to others.

These identities didn't sprout on the internet; Sure, awareness has been raised online, and there is information, and people can ask questions and understand themselves and others better, but it's not as though they were just some online phenomenon. They have real impact on the world. Certainly, the people who attack queers and anyone who doesn't fall neatly into a category do care how they identify so they can beat them into the 'correct' label.

arrow I don't know what world you live in, but the world I see is a world that does care what pronouns others use, and what names. And whether 'sex' matches 'gender'. And whether people are either gay or straight. And what type of gay they are. And how 'masculine' or 'feminine' they are...and if you aren't one of those things, you are a f*****t and sometimes the community will shun you because they want to not be so different. Because being different is bad, but we cannot help but be 'different'.
I don't even know if you're much of a supporter of the LGBT community, and I really don't care. I just see that yours is an attitude that enables queerphobes and transmisogynists and transphobes to do as they do. You're on the bandwagon of "we all bleed red" whilst not really understanding that not everyone has the same brain perceptions of the world and of their attraction and of their bodies. Because people like you stand by whilst queer kids are beaten to death so they can be in that little box. Like Leelah Alcorn and many other trans girls.
I bet if you got your way, nobody would be anything other than straight and cis.

You are part of the problem.
Even more, you're one of the reasons why the problem exists.
I feel bad for the LGBT people who might know you, because you probably would let them be killed because they're too 'different'.

You don't have any idea what I would do in any given situation or what I would prefer everyone to be. I feel bad for you in the same way I feel bad for people with face tattoos.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
...people are so confused nowadays...it's so sad💔

Demonic Sex Symbol

Actually, regardless of one's gender, Pansexuals like anyone, meaning not just males and females, but also transgender, intersex, and so forth.

Bisexuals only interested in both males and females.

User Image

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
Pansexual goes against everything biological, so it isn't real.

Indulgent Partner

crystalpraise
confused how?

I am pretty sure I am bi, because I am not sexually attracted to genderqueer type folk. Androgyny, and genderbending don't get me going.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Blackrose_The_Knight
crystalpraise
confused how?

I am pretty sure I am bi, because I am not sexually attracted to genderqueer type folk. Androgyny, and genderbending don't get me going.

Hi Mrs.Rose 😊I mean confused about love and stuff

Indulgent Partner

crystalpraise
Blackrose_The_Knight
crystalpraise
confused how?

Confused about love how so? Your sentence was super vague. sweatdrop

wolffoxx's Queen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
It gets confusing because I think individual people have different definitions for every term. I identify as bisexual but my definition of bisexuality is (1) attraction to my own gender & (2) attraction to genders other than my own. But someone may view this definition as fitting for pansexual. I try not to overthink it and often simply say that I am queer, which is an umbrella term.

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Blackrose_The_Knight
crystalpraise
Blackrose_The_Knight
crystalpraise
confused how?

Confused about love how so? Your sentence was super vague. sweatdrop

I'm sorry lol I was just thinking about people my age and if families are going to be together in the future, I'm too emotional

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff