Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toxilicks
xVallx
Toxilicks
xVallx
Toxilicks

Really? :,3

This makes getting the tongue far enough back in the throat to actually swallow it impossible.

There is a membrane that goes from the floor of the mouth to the mid-line of the tongue which is what roots it there, called the lingual frenulum, it is one of the mucous membranes in the mouth. Because this much of the tongue is attached by the membrane, it actually makes it physically impossible for the tongue to reach that far back into the throat to be swallowed. I learned about this both in my anatomy & physiology class, and in my CPR course because people are not supposed to put objects into a person`s mouth who is experiencing a seizure as they can choke on the object. Of course, you can swallow your own tongue if you cut it off and THEN swallowed it.

I don't have that ambition! emotion_kirakira Then I shall sleep soundly!
Though I should drink more water, like the dentist said. But I have a lot of sugary iced teas lying around that I shouldn't be using as a substitute. emotion_8c

I want to make my own iced tea. emotion_kirakira Well, when it gets warm out. I`ve avoided buying Nestle Iced tea ever since I heard that it causes gingivitis.

I mean, I drink Lipton.
But say what?

Just because it`s high in acid content, but so are juices, and other soft drinks. It can cause inflammation of the gums, which is what gingivitis is. Idk, my teeth are really sensitive and my gums bleed a lot, and my dentist asked if I drink a lot of iced tea or juice, so I guess that`s what was causing it. I still can`t bring myself to give up apple juice.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
xVallx
Toxilicks
xVallx
Toxilicks
xVallx
Toxilicks

Really? :,3

This makes getting the tongue far enough back in the throat to actually swallow it impossible.

There is a membrane that goes from the floor of the mouth to the mid-line of the tongue which is what roots it there, called the lingual frenulum, it is one of the mucous membranes in the mouth. Because this much of the tongue is attached by the membrane, it actually makes it physically impossible for the tongue to reach that far back into the throat to be swallowed. I learned about this both in my anatomy & physiology class, and in my CPR course because people are not supposed to put objects into a person`s mouth who is experiencing a seizure as they can choke on the object. Of course, you can swallow your own tongue if you cut it off and THEN swallowed it.

Though I should drink more water, like the dentist said. But I have a lot of sugary iced teas lying around that I shouldn't be using as a substitute. emotion_8c

I want to make my own iced tea. emotion_kirakira Well, when it gets warm out. I`ve avoided buying Nestle Iced tea ever since I heard that it causes gingivitis.

I mean, I drink Lipton.
But say what?

Just because it`s high in acid content, but so are juices, and other soft drinks. It can cause inflammation of the gums, which is what gingivitis is. Idk, my teeth are really sensitive and my gums bleed a lot, and my dentist asked if I drink a lot of iced tea or juice, so I guess that`s what was causing it. I still can`t bring myself to give up apple juice.

While I don't doubt that acid does stuff to your mouth, I'm kind of unsure if its really gingivitis when things like fruit juice carries a lot of Vitamin C, which, I assume you know, is something you need or else being deficient of it is the cause of Gingivitis.
I mean, you can have too much of a vitamin, and I'm sure you're just talking the citric acid, but I still furrow my brow.
Toxilicks
xVallx
Toxilicks
xVallx
Toxilicks

I mean, I drink Lipton.
But say what?

While I don't doubt that acid does stuff to your mouth, I'm kind of unsure if its really gingivitis when things like fruit juice carries a lot of Vitamin C, which, I assume you know, is something you need or else being deficient of it is the cause of Gingivitis.
I mean, you can have too much of a vitamin, and I'm sure you're just talking the citric acid, but I still furrow my brow.

It`s probably because of the citric acid, and the fact that I tend to drink it every day on campus for lunch. User Image

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

kinda doubt anyone will ever care or read this but oh well here I go

1. My moms boyfriend works at Warner's Brothers, and his parents work very closly with the presidents. They're apparently filthy rich too.
I've met a few stars, been to some big world premires, and I've gotten exclusive passes to secret "celebrity-only" exotic places.

2. I loooooooooove comicbooks. Mostly marvel. I'm like, unnaturally obsessed and its ruining my life someone send help. I'll also buy anything with Black Widow on it, because she is amazing okay.

3. I foster pregnant cats and bunnies, take care, and raise their babies when I can.

4. I love foreign music and languages. I'm planning to learn German after I become more fluent in Italian.

5. My earliest memory is little five year old me running up to my grandpa and kicking him in the balls for no reason.

6. I had a really awful double ear infection when I was kid that left me thisclose to being permentally deaf.
I eventually recovered, but now my hearing is super sensitive and kind of annoying.

Quotable Hunter

Might as well do this:

1) I'm terribly afraid of death, thus I have thanatophobia. I've had it since I was a kid, when I first realized what death was on my own without ever having to learn from anyone, it just came to me like a ton of bricks. I've been terrified of it ever since and ever since I've gone from Christian to atheist, my fear has increased tenfold. It's my worst fear.

2) Speaking about Christianity, back when I was a teenager and still a christian, I use to walk home from church, pretty much because my house was only a few blocks away and at that point I was independent enough to do that. My parents are hardcore Christians so I thought that if I did that, I would get a beating. Shockingly, I never did.

3) I have a bucket list of all the things that I want to do in the near future written on paper, as well as a calendar with all the things that I have to do everyday. I use them in order to motivate me to do them, though they haven't been working much lately.

4) I'm capable of walking for hours/miles on end as long as I have a full stomach.

5) I eat peanut shells.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
1. I like those diving towers. I've jumped from 10 meters since I was 8. I dive from there occasionally. My favorite element is air razz

2. I absolute love to learn. I like geography and history for instance so I've learned all the countries and their flags for instance.

3. I haven't been depressed for years, but when I was I sleepwalked for 1-3 years. I set hooks on my windows and doors to make them harder to open since there was a risk I'd accidentally jump out a window in my sleep.

4. I'm currently working as a substitute teacher! It's great fun!

5. My parents and my siblings have been good at producing kids; aside from my 3 siblings and 2 half-siblings, I got 4 nieces and 5 nephews.

Star

Um...s**t...I don't know. Five things people don't usually know about me...

1. I speak French at about 50% fluency. Intent on learning more.

2. I love doing my nails. When I'm sick or have nothing else to do, I'll just sit there for hours and do designs.

3. I hate violence and would never intentionally cause someone physical harm.

4. I'm teaching myself Italian. I'm already familiar with one romantic language, so why not?

5. I can deal with bad smells and shocking visuals just fine, but annoying/scary sounds REALLY get to me. Like if there's an annoying sound in the room, I get ******** PISSED. If the floorboards creak in my house when I'm home alone, I pick up a knife and investigate with the intent of stabbing an intruder. I can't watch horror movies for this exact reason. The blood and guts are whatever and the scary images I can handle, but the ******** JUMPSCARES put my blood pressure through the roof. I can't. I just can't. I'm worked up just thinking about it. emotion_donotwant

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
1. Once, in the middle of the night, I backed into another car, and got scared and drove away, instead of reporting it. I've felt terrible about it ever since.

2. I can't sleep alone. Can't.

3. I have a deep fear that I won't be able to have children in the future (I have very irregular, if any, periods).

4. I have no friends, since my one friend moved away, but I'm too ashamed to admit that to my co-workers, so I pretend I have a busy social life, when really all I do is work and sleep. Which is dumb, because my co-workers are cool and could be awesome friends, but I just can't make myself be friends with them.

5. I love my boyfriend with all my heart, but I sometimes wonder what it would be like to sleep with other people. Not that I wasn't too leave our anything, I just wish I had experimented before I met him, since he's the only guy I've ever had sex with.

Hellraiser

Shark Bacon

5. I love my boyfriend with all my heart, but I sometimes wonder what it would be like to sleep with other people. Not that I wasn't too leave our anything, I just wish I had experimented before I met him, since he's the only guy I've ever had sex with.

I feel you on this one.

☠
1. I spent the last year living in a warehouse.

2. I'm not obsessive about it to the degree which other people take it, but I do have a definite soft-spot for Disney stuff.

3. My art is mostly limited to making off-putting noise and washy gray paintings.

4. I'm fascinated by the idea of being digitized and living forever as a computer file.

5. My earliest memory is of my dad running through the bedroom door on Halloween dressed as the devil and me screaming and falling backwards off a bed.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Since I logged in to donate gold to Toxi I might as well post stuff you may/may not know about me.

1.- When I was younger I used to be all hardcore and s**t. I used to wear all black and listen to Metal. [some people I know are all "durrr it's not Metal", elitists emotion_awesome ]. I was also really hostile.
2.- I don't like bragging about my achievements unless someone is trying to compete with me.
3.- I think that calling myself fluent in English is still too pretentious for me, and certainly not true, yet.
4.- I love Hello Kitty, a lot. Like, a ******** lot.
5.- I am afraid of earthquakes, the dark, and complete silence during the night, hence why I set my t.v. timer and I have a big a** ladybug nightlight.
6.- It now annoys me to be called a reg or being namedropped.
7.- Pretty much like certain person in this thread, I have certain opinions on specific people in this forum. I've held back due to courtesy and to avoid LD drama because white knights and a** kissers.
8.- Sorry not sorry.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

frost61 taken wtf
Dolce Rogue

7.- Pretty much like certain person in this thread, I have certain opinions on specific people in this forum. I've held back due to courtesy and to avoid LD drama because white knights and a** kissers.
lets here that emotion_kirakira <- see that emote? i had to type that s**t out, i never type emote s**t out unless its ******** important. this got real man, like no more ******** unicorns named rainbow dash real *****

One day you shall.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

frost61 taken wtf
Dolce Rogue
frost61 taken wtf
Dolce Rogue

lets here that emotion_kirakira <- see that emote? i had to type that s**t out, i never type emote s**t out unless its ******** important. this got real man, like no more ******** unicorns named rainbow dash real *****

One day you shall.
make a thread about this real a** s**t, or pm me and il make like 5 threads on it. im pretty drunk right now and this needs to happen

Mah niagara I am not inspired/angry enough to talk about this right now.

Just know that they have made me lose my patience and if I start posting here regularly again I'll snap, and we don't want me snapping. Well I mean you do but not yet. Give it time, mang. One day someone will say the wrong s**t. Just wait for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff