Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Rose Milk
Pink Plaid
I'd say its fairly normal. I know I'm beautiful and yeah im a bit narcissistic but whatever better then having no self esteem at all.

I thought of you when I saw this thread. blaugh

I agree with you too, it's always better to be positive with how you look. It's no one else's business how you feel about yourself.

Aww heart

Fashionable Hunter

What do you think of people who call themselves beautiful, attractive, or anything similar?
Good for them. It's exhausting hearing people put themselves down all the time.

Are they narcissistic? Is it wrong to think that way of yourself?

Narcissism is very different from thinking you're attractive. I'm like, borderline Borderline, so I feel the difference pretty viscerally.

What do you think of people who take selfies? Not a very large amount but just a selfie from time to time

Lol, one of my friends takes selfies like they help deter cancer and while I make fun of her, even that's not that big a deal. I don't see why people care.

Tipsy Fatcat

Good for them.

Liberal Receiver

I think it's awesome for them. And it's a notion that I can't always apply to myself, which does make me a little jealous.

Narcissism isn't thinking that you're pretty, it's wanting to essentially bone yourself because you think you're so damn sexy. Hence why Narcissus became so enrapt with his reflection that he died of starvation and/or dehydration, giving us the word, Narcissism.

No ******** given if someone takes a selfie now and then, it's when it becomes obsessive that it annoys me.

Generous Poster

nothing wrong with a little confidence ayyy
What do you think of people who call themselves beautiful, attractive, or anything similar?
I don't really have an opinion on them. As long as they don't use their looks as a way to treat others like trash, why should I care? I'd prefer someone say that than say that they are ugly and no one will want to date them (especially if they actually are attractive).

Of course not to both answers. It just means that they have a healthy self-esteem.

What do you think of people who take selfies? Not a very large amount but just a selfie from time to time.
Nothing wrong with taking selfies from time to time. I might be a little jealous of the fact that they are comfortable enough to have pictures of themselves. I personally don't like having pictures of me being taken because I'm not photogenic.

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
People who call themselves are either full of themselves and self centered, or they are confident and have good self-esteem.

There's no generalization here. Why would it ever be a bad thing to think of yourself as beautiful? Even for those narssistic a** hole loving how you look is a lot better than hating yourself and thinking your ugly.

I can say I've gone a good 6 years believing that I ugly and unattractive. I hardly ever thought of myself as beautiful, but now I see myself as ******** adoreable! 4laugh Some days I look in the mirror and this "damn.... I look good" I don't see myself like this always, but I certianly do feel unattractive everyday of my life anymore either.
Nothing wrong with self-confidence. If you like the way you look, good for you.

It's arrogance that'll come back to bite you in the a**.

If you go around calling people ugly or fat, don't get angry if people suggest the same to you. You reap what you sow.

8,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
As long as they're not constantly going on about how they're the hottest thing on Earth and putting others down I think they're very confident in themselves and I actually respect that.
Only if they act that way.
Of course it's not wrong to think of yourself as attractive.
It's better than belittling yourself and whining about how ugly you are.
THAT I find unattractive and will agree.
What do you think of people who take selfies? Not a very large amount but just a selfie from time to time.
On here or fb?
If it's on their personal page I don't really care.
I think it's great to think that way, as long as you're not a d**k about it. I wish I could see myself that way. I think anyone who hates those types of people are a little bit jealous that they can't be that confident and happy..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff