Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's ridiculous. They need to learn to stay their butts in school. No 12-15 year old should be doing that sort of thing. It's sad how sooo many teens are losing their virginity nowadays. What a disgrace!

Bashful Bookworm

Chicken Zombie
12 year olds aren't teenagers.

Do you care? Why/whynot?
-Not my problem. If I know that someone who is young is being raped, I will report it; of course, I would report any rape I know of. This includes statutory rape. However, the rest of it ain't my problem. Put a leash on your kid if you are so worried about it because I am not here to parent your little shits.

It's obvz statutory rape if one is of legal age and one is still a minor, but what about in cases where they're the same age?

and I know 12 isn't a teenage year, but I hear people complaining about "12 year olds" having sex all the time, so I figured I'd include it.

Bashful Bookworm

xI Beautiful Liar
It's ridiculous. They need to learn to stay their butts in school. No 12-15 year old should be doing that sort of thing. It's sad how sooo many teens are losing their virginity nowadays. What a disgrace!

They're still in school, it's not like their dropping out to have sex? neutral

Bashful Bookworm

sitting cow

i think it's questionable health standards to give birth control to children either tho

it might be healthier to teach people about the cycle and pull out method and such

but that's probably just me being paranoid of big pharma and medicine a little bit

The pull out method is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. emotion_facepalm
                Precum often contains sperm cells still in it, and most teens aren't exactly going to want to pull out on the brick of orgasm.
                Not to mention it doesn't in the slightest help protect against STDs or unwanted pregnancy.
                I know way too many people who've gotten pregnant by the pull out method.

While I can agree it's questionable to give hormones to children because they're still developing, I believe it's 100% better for them to have the option than to not.

Bashful Bookworm

Sakura Latte
Not that I agree with it, but haven't there always been teens getting on with each other for centuries? It's not a recent century or generation thing.

Pretty sure there has, I've just noticed a big stink about it recently.

Bashful Bookworm

vincent van poe
I don't think they should and that's because they MOST likely will not have education on safe sex or even on what to do in the first place. And if they do attempt to gain knowledge, people will just say "You're too young!"
Plus they don't quite comprehend the consequences.

I first had sex when I was 20 and my boyfriend was a virgin as well. All awkwardness disappeared when he penetrated, but he was so anxious beforehand that he kept going soft which made him even more anxious. That was the awkward part.

They'd have more education on it if people didn't try to pull the "you're too young" card.
                I mean sure, even if they seem really young and it's not legal, it's so much better for them to be educated and not having sex than to be uneducated and having sex.

I don't know what you mean by they won't comprehend the consequences?
                Girls of all ages freak out when their period is late, regardless if they've even had sex or not.
                i think it's save to say they know and understand they're not ready for a kid.

Bashful Bookworm

Pretty pretty bacon
Do you care? Why/whynot?
i think it's pretty ridiculous to be sexually active that young. I think kids need to be kids ; which shouldn't involve anything of the sexual nature.

I really don't understand this whole "kids need to be kids" mentality.
                I mean, those ARE the ages where all the hormones start really hit, and usually puberty has already started.
Raven Winter
Foxydoe
I don't care at all. I wasn't a young teen my first time, it wasn't awkward, it was just disappointing. And the guy was incredibly annoying. I didn't even like this fellow actually, and he became obsessed with me; took me forever to get rid of him stressed

So yeah. No real ******** given about how old you are when you decide you'd like to shag someone, just make sure the interest is mutual & don't go ******** bonkers chasing after someone who doesn't ******** want you, 'k?

Are you actually Austin Powers?
xd

Bloodsucker

Stephnananana
vincent van poe
I don't think they should and that's because they MOST likely will not have education on safe sex or even on what to do in the first place. And if they do attempt to gain knowledge, people will just say "You're too young!"
Plus they don't quite comprehend the consequences.

I first had sex when I was 20 and my boyfriend was a virgin as well. All awkwardness disappeared when he penetrated, but he was so anxious beforehand that he kept going soft which made him even more anxious. That was the awkward part.

They'd have more education on it if people didn't try to pull the "you're too young" card.
                I mean sure, even if they seem really young and it's not legal, it's so much better for them to be educated and not having sex than to be uneducated and having sex.

I don't know what you mean by they won't comprehend the consequences?
                Girls of all ages freak out when their period is late, regardless if they've even had sex or not.
                i think it's save to say they know and understand they're not ready for a kid.

That's basically what I said. Why are you repeating that to me?

And by consequences I mean STDS and they most likely will not be on any kind of birth control.

Eloquent Fatcat

It kinda grosses me out. I see them as kids lol. But they can do what they want.

Lupine Labtech

Guess it depends on the person. Some youngsters are mature, most aren't. Younger than... I dunno, fourteen? is a little early, but if they feel ready and are with someone they can trust and are safe then let them.

Shy Dabbler

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I don't really care.

Sex is a normal thing and fighting off sexual urges is trying to fight evolution.

Is it okay for pre-teens to be engaging in such serious acts? Personally, I think no.

But, we won't be able to stop them. So instead of preaching "No sex or you'll go to hell" how about we educate our adolescences about sex and the possible risks in having it. Also, if you do intend to be sexually active, how important it is to do it safely. (Using protection, such as birth control or condoms. Preferably both.)

I haven't had my first time yet. I want it to be special and with someone I love, though.
The Ice Dervish
sitting cow
The Ice Dervish
sitting cow
The Ice Dervish
Well, I lost my virginity at age 16 so I'm not too far from that. I just don't understand it truth be told, masturbation feels so much better. I think having sex at the really low ages is an issue, as most of them aren't on birth control and can't use condoms therefor producing unwanted children. Actually, yeah I don't support sex until the people involved are on birth control or using contraception (or old enough and get enough money to support a kid). All these 17 or something year olds getting knocked up and then refusing to abort or adopt leaving the kid to be raised by the rest of their family is bullshit.

i think it's questionable health standards to give birth control to children either tho

it might be healthier to teach people about the cycle and pull out method and such

but that's probably just me being paranoid of big pharma and medicine a little bit

That's only true for the pills, condoms won't stunt development and work perfectly fine. Pull out method is proven to be bad, and you can get pregnant at virtually any time of the month so the cycle thing isn't great either.

really i'm always hearing people say stuff like "the most effective and simplest form of birth control is____" and then i've heard almost any and every thing filled in the blank

so i really have no idea i guess lol... but i would rather go by the cycle or pull out method than take any pills, myself

and i think the older you get the more responsible about that stuff you become

but when i first started having sex, i mean it wasn't this huge planned thing, so i didn't really take anything and the guy was smart enough to pull out so...guess i got lucky there

then when i had sex a few yrs later we went to the store together and bought condoms

okay tmi sorry...

Not sure why you have such an aversion to birth control, but the pull out and rhythm method are crap. Go look up the statistics on the different birth control methods on the planned parenthood website.

I also don't see why condoms would be all that difficult for the younger crowd. I'm not in support of early teens having sex, but they're going to have it anyway, so they may as well take the best forms of birth control that won't stunt growth or cause damage (condoms).

Mine was the same, 16 years old with my boyfriend of like a few months, was awful. Not tmi, you didn't even go into that much detail.

i have an aversion to a lot of modern western medicine tbh i guess is the best way to put it lol
Stephnananana
xI Beautiful Liar

They're still in school, it's not like their dropping out to have sex? neutral

I didn't mean it literally. I was just saying that normally those who go out and about to do those things are the ones that aren't focusing on school...
Stephnananana
sitting cow

The pull out method is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea. emotion_facepalm
                Precum often contains sperm cells still in it, and most teens aren't exactly going to want to pull out on the brick of orgasm.
                Not to mention it doesn't in the slightest help protect against STDs or unwanted pregnancy.
                I know way too many people who've gotten pregnant by the pull out method.

While I can agree it's questionable to give hormones to children because they're still developing, I believe it's 100% better for them to have the option than to not.

placebo affect will cure anything for me smile

literally i get sick according to what mood i'm in more than anything

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas