Welcome to Gaia! ::

Skjolddis
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Kids go through phrases, y'know?"
anonkidz
trailer parks, or trailers? Im just curious, because i cant understand why its kinda looked down upon. Financially, they're cheaper and their movable and you can always sell it if need be. It has its cons as well but i dont really get why people associate the people who live in them to be trash. your thoughts?

Because any well adjusted person would have the means to settle for an apartment or house. And have you seen people who live in trailer parks? Sorry for sounding like a snobby spoiled child but they are obviously people who have at one point or many points decided to pass up life's opportunities and just settle for a cheap easy to maintain trashy looking home without being a hippie because they still like guns and explosions. Mobile homes on the other hand are a completely different story; those are for old guys with money and a midlife crisis that basically takes it on trips everywhere and call it 'camping'. so if you were referring to those then no they're not trashy. Trailer parks however are.
anonkidz
trailer parks, or trailers? Im just curious, because i cant understand why its kinda looked down upon. Financially, they're cheaper and their movable and you can always sell it if need be. It has its cons as well but i dont really get why people associate the people who live in them to be trash. your thoughts?

I live in a trailer. I have to until I graduate.
I dislike most people living in trailer parks though. They usually happen to be rednecks, free-loaders, or bigoted old people.
Every now and then, you're sure to come across an exception. But those exceptions aren't common.

Kyotogero
anonkidz

Because any well adjusted person would have the means to settle for an apartment or house. And have you seen people who live in trailer parks? Sorry for sounding like a snobby spoiled child but they are obviously people who have at one point or many points decided to pass up life's opportunities and just settle for a cheap easy to maintain trashy looking home without being a hippie because they still like guns and explosions. Mobile homes on the other hand are a completely different story; those are for old guys with money and a midlife crisis that basically takes it on trips everywhere and call it 'camping'. so if you were referring to those then no they're not trashy. Trailer parks however are.

What he said too. Most of these people aren't living in trailers because they're on hard times. Trailers are old and falling apart in nine out of ten cases.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games