Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I have a bf who is pretty independent and introverted, and I often feel like I'm not getting the attention I want.

A lot of times we may be in the same room, but he'll be on the computer, w/ headphones on, etc. I don't consider that quality time together.

When I try to bring it up and explain how I feel it either gets ignored or he gets upset because I'm "trying to make him feel guilty"

I guess I just need to hear someone else's view on this. Thanks xp

Beloved Inquisitor

Tie him up, and lock him in your closet.

Loiterer

User ImageWell, and this is just me personally, I get a new SO or I, too, become independent.

Golden Fairy

Bornes
Well, and this is just me personally, I get a new SO or I, too, become independent.
I thought this was generally the smart thing to do
and that only pathetic bitches did otherwise.
neutral
do you guys have times where you do spend time together?

Bashful Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
DeWitt Heeren
Bornes
Well, and this is just me personally, I get a new SO or I, too, become independent.
I thought this was generally the smart thing to do
and that only pathetic bitches did otherwise.
neutral
Wow, helpful.

A lot of times I'm perfectly happy being on my own. Most of the time I'm very happy. But sometimes (like any couple) we have issues and I am looking for tips on communicating this without accusing him of something, which tends to make him turn inward.
Talk to him. Try to find ways you can spend time together while he can still do his thing. If he won't listen, move on.

Popular Raider

I just had dates recently with both my loves heart

I find that Digi and I have this problem with James. He's enamored with his Xbox. Yesterday night we all found a fun game to play together, and that helped.

Bashful Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Yeah I've been looking into games that we could both play. I think that could really help

Adorable Fisher

My SO and I are like that, too.

But, the longer you are ignored and things don't get solved, the more you will want to break up with him. You'll probably get that built up fed up feeling on your own and break things off.
If you can't communicate this issue then your problem isn't the lack of attention, but the barriers preventing clear communication within the relationship. If he can't be part of the solution because he won't listen to you, then he's not worth it. heart

Fiendish Punk

Reevva
This.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

I try to talk about it with him.
The problem I see here is that your boyfriend isn't really willing to listen. The communication channel is broken simply because he doesn't want to talk about it or tries to justify his behavior by saying you're trying to guilt trip him.
Letting time pass will only make the distance stronger and you'll feel more lonely even if he's next to you. Quality time with your partner entails having interaction with each other, either verbally or physically. You could try and suggest him to go for a walk in the park, or going out to eat to talk about stuff. If he's still not willing to listen to you, then this relationship will break. It also depends on how you approach things with him. If you're civil and calm and try to express your feelings without arguing, then he'll most likely listen.

Bashful Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Admiring Oblivion
Reevva
This.
This is why I love Gaia xD

Fiendish Punk

KerrieBerrie
Admiring Oblivion
Reevva
This.
This is why I love Gaia xD

Indeed. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out