Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your favorite flavour of ice cream?

chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, or banana split? 1 100.0% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 90 ]
This poll closed on September 13, 2009.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

I'm a mormon, and I live in Utah so most of the people I know are mormons. But I say we're just like everyone else. Just because we're part of a religion doesn't mean that we are completely different people. We still have our free agency to make choices and such. I'll admit, I'm not the most hardcore mormon (I swear a lot and I can be pretty dirty sometimes) but I rather like my religion.
the people. hey, they are just like every other person in the world. they can be horrible bastards. then again, so can everyone else, right?

i used to be LDS. it didn't work for me. too suppressive and what not. i felt so limited, and like if i ever had fun i would burn in hell. quite frankly, the god they believe in just... he's not a very nice or forgiving man. so yeeaah.... but hey, people can believe what they want. i am not going to stereotype them or be prejudice against them because of their sunday ritual... like john... grr....

poopbutts's Spouse

I don't generalize people by their religions. Seriously. Everyone is different, so how can I blanket-statement an entire group of people?

So what do I think of Mormons? I think of them as people.

Fluffy Star

4,650 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Married 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm a mormon!
Yet, whenever I tell people about it, they always think that all mormons have multiple wives and worship a lizard.
><
mindless zombies... totally soulless ginger kids, totally creepy. yeah I worked with one, he said something like "oh darn" when he wanted to cuss.. creepy..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
They're hated in my neighborhood. emo
Well they have been coming to my door for years, even though I always say no..... No matter what say they find a way to try and con me... Never works....they stalk people, they are persistent and quite obnoxious.

2,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
My former best friend was a Mormon. I have nothing against their religion, but most of her friends were Mormon, so whenever she did a lot of activities and stuff, I was always left out of it because I'm not Mormon. We stopped being friends because she moved away and did some unfriendly things like leave me waiting in the rain on her doorstep when she knew I was coming over and then kicking me out because she wanted to eat dinner. And when she moved, she took my sisters' Rurouni Kenshin DVD we lent her. emo
mermaid14
what do u guys think of the mormon church, and the mormon people? cool

(R.I.P)- Gordon B. Hinkley the leader of the mormon church, may he rest in peace in the face of God forever smile

question: y is the poll about ice creams?
dont be a hater sad
Hm. I'm mormon. LDS, actually. From an outside view, I find the religion confusing, but the morals well-taught and decent. From an inside view, it's alright. A little strict, yes, but again, good morals.
I have nothing against them. I respect peoples beliefs.

Perfect Trash

Frankly, I think Mormon beliefs are a little whacky. But I guess that's pretty normal to think of religions that you didn't grow up around.

Mostly, I just haven't met a Mormon I actually liked. My partner had this Mormon student in a philosophy class he teaches who kept trying to get out of the coursework because she "didn't agree with it." b***h, it's a philosophy class. the point of it is to, y'know, study different philosophies. You can't possibly agree with all, or even most of them. rolleyes

Another Mormon I knew used to give me s**t for everything I did that wasn't Mormon-approved. Okay, you don't do it. Cool. But I'm not Mormon, so get out of my face. Seriously.

I don't doubt that there are lovely Mormons out there, but the few I've had contact with were not people I'd chose to spend a lot of time with.

I did meet a nice Mormon girl on Gaia. Haven't talked to her in a while, but she was cool.

AndrewRL's Waifu

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Shokai
Almighty Rin-chan
One of my good friends is a Mormon. :3

Nothing against them personally, but I would never be able to be a part of their religion... 8D; I try to be nice to the ones who come to my door, though, and get them some water or something if it's hot outside. x3;

Same here. Yeah, offering them water on a hot day is a nice thing to do...they're fellow human beings and if I were thirsty, I would like it if someone would offer water to me.

thats super nice of you!
heart
there nutty...

we lock our doors and make sex noises when they drop by... domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items