Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloody Pianos Juxtaposed
Flynn MacCumhaill
Bloody Pianos Juxtaposed
Flynn MacCumhaill
Bloody Pianos Juxtaposed

Isn't that the point?
Inverted commas. As in, that wanky soundscaping s**t. Which is not music.

Quote:
Inverted commas. As in, that wanky soundscaping s**t. Which is not music.

Why not exactly?

Music has some sort of structure; soundscaping is evocative without being truly structured. It's art, sure, but it just doesn't fit in to music.

Edit: Wait, why are we derailing a thread to have this same conversation again? It's got to be the third time.

Quote:
Music has some sort of structure; soundscaping is evocative without being truly structured. It's art, sure, but it just doesn't fit in to music.

Uh

Uh.....

Uhhhhhhhhh

Please tell me this is a troll.

Please please please please please please please please tell me this is a troll and we will both laugh about it in a few.

Quote:
Edit: Wait, why are we derailing a thread to have this same conversation again? It's got to be the third time.

I've never had this conversation with you before. I would have remembered you saying what you just said.

You have a very short memory. You said the same thing last time, too.
So, where were we....
I've never really been insulted by "hearing Impaired" nor some of my deaf friends. I think some deaf and HOH people find it insulting. What I find most insulting is being called "disabled" when I am perfectly able to do anything. I also hate when people speak Loudly and Slowly like i'm stupid as they try to make up their own obnoxious sign language to say something.
I don't really know what I think of the deaf culture anymore. I used to think it was badass. Both my parents are deaf and are complete dicks about it. ASL is my first language, yet all the deaf people I know reject me for being able to hear. I'm sure there are some awesome deaf people out there, but I've yet to meet one.

Sexy Turtle

Irmoy
I don't really know what I think of the deaf culture anymore. I used to think it was badass. Both my parents are deaf and are complete dicks about it. ASL is my first language, yet all the deaf people I know reject me for being able to hear. I'm sure there are some awesome deaf people out there, but I've yet to meet one.
Sorry that they reject you because you can hear, means they are immature.
Black Lust Perfume
Irmoy

Haha, yeah. Most of them are pretty immature. I think it's because they were raised by hearing families that weren't very supportive.

Sexy Turtle

Irmoy
Black Lust Perfume
Irmoy

Haha, yeah. Most of them are pretty immature. I think it's because they were raised by hearing families that weren't very supportive.
Might be. I was growing up with Hearing parents and I was lucky to have a oldest sister who is also Deaf too as well and we speak in ASL.
Black Lust Perfume
Irmoy
Black Lust Perfume
Irmoy

Might be. I was growing up with Hearing parents and I was lucky to have a oldest sister who is also Deaf too as well and we speak in ASL.

Do your parents use ASL? Both my sister and I learned ASL before learning to speak English. We actually had to go to a government program when we were 2 or 3 so we could learn how to speak. xD
what do you mean what do we think of them? they're just deaf people lol confused

Sexy Turtle

Irmoy
Black Lust Perfume
Irmoy
Black Lust Perfume
Irmoy

Do your parents use ASL? Both my sister and I learned ASL before learning to speak English. We actually had to go to a government program when we were 2 or 3 so we could learn how to speak. xD
Yes my parents uses ASL. My parents was against forcing to read lips because there was proven that if forced to learn to speak, will lack the education. I was lucky I guess.

Anxious Lunatic

I love sign language... my mom and I talk to each other and no one else knows what we're saying.

I've met one deaf person, and she's really nice. :3 I was climbing a tree with my friend at the time, so she called me a "crazy monkey." I've used that as one of my few nicknames since.

Deaf people are perfectly fine and sane people. The simple fact that they can't hear or talk doesn't mean squat with me.
PwinsezProanamia
Wolf Nightshade
They are very rude I try talking to them and they just ignore me.

Huh. Go figure, talking to a deaf person and having them ignore you. Lol.

Maybe trying.. writing?

It was just a joke. I don't know any deaf people one of my Kung Fu instructors ex wives is deaf but I never met her. I only know blind people but I never see them.

Sexy Turtle

My Mother in law, babybrother in law, and some other inlaw relatives are Deaf.
I adore them, it's hard sometimes to talk to MIL but she's a sweetheart : )
And once we can afford it, and after my kid is born, I plan on going to the local college for ASL classes so I can learn better biggrin
My husband tried to teach me some, but he's been really busy with work lately.... soo.. PLus we figure it'd be better for me to just go to school anyways. Haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff