Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Turtle

Lady Leopardess
Black Lust Perfume
x_Diamond_Kisses_x
I feel bad for them and it makes me sad. But it makes me happy to see them smile, they deserve happiness.
it is actually VERY annoying when someone feel "Sorry" for us and we dont need anyone feel bad, we are happy in different ways.

There's not too many disablied gaians I don't think at least. As a legally blind person I've gotten that too of people feeling "sorry" . Sometimes I think it's because they are not sure what else to say . It was usualful for some of reccomendations though because they'd saw how "inspirational " I was and such. lol
For some reason people seem to sometimes think that if you're blind then you're hearing impaired/deaf too. o_o;

Anyway I used to go to a camp for deaf and/or blind kids . I tried to pick up ASL, but didn't really get to. Although I know a couple words. I haven't gotten to chat with any of my hearing impaired friends in awhile. :/ (twas a long time ago)
Ahh interesting, but please dont label us Hearing Impaired, that is somehow insults us deaf community.

If you dont pick it up enough, maybe you wasnt even interested enough to learn their language to help them better.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Black Lust Perfume
Lady Leopardess
Black Lust Perfume
x_Diamond_Kisses_x
I feel bad for them and it makes me sad. But it makes me happy to see them smile, they deserve happiness.
it is actually VERY annoying when someone feel "Sorry" for us and we dont need anyone feel bad, we are happy in different ways.

There's not too many disablied gaians I don't think at least. As a legally blind person I've gotten that too of people feeling "sorry" . Sometimes I think it's because they are not sure what else to say . It was usualful for some of reccomendations though because they'd saw how "inspirational " I was and such. lol
For some reason people seem to sometimes think that if you're blind then you're hearing impaired/deaf too. o_o;

Anyway I used to go to a camp for deaf and/or blind kids . I tried to pick up ASL, but didn't really get to. Although I know a couple words. I haven't gotten to chat with any of my hearing impaired friends in awhile. :/ (twas a long time ago)
Ahh interesting, but please dont label us Hearing Impaired, that is somehow insults us deaf community.

If you dont pick it up enough, maybe you wasnt even interested enough to learn their language to help them better.
No I said hearing impaired because each of them to an extent could hear, they weren't completely deaf. I was under the impression that it was the same as Visually Impaired to Blind.

No it wasn't that. I tried having one of the girls teach me but she wasn't sure how to go about it. I also tried to pick it up when they spoke in ASL to the kids ,, but ya gotta remember I can only see so much ,especially with how fast signing goes.

Sexy Turtle

Lady Leopardess
Black Lust Perfume
Lady Leopardess
Black Lust Perfume
x_Diamond_Kisses_x

No I said hearing impaired because each of them to an extent could hear, they weren't completely deaf. I was under the impression that it was the same as Visually Impaired to Blind.

No it wasn't that. I tried having one of the girls teach me but she wasn't sure how to go about it. I also tried to pick it up when they spoke in ASL to the kids ,, but ya gotta remember I can only see so much ,especially with how fast signing goes.

Still, very insulted to Deaf AND Blind if you use "Impaired" We would rather be called "Deaf" or "Hard of Hearing" or "Blind" or "DeafBlind" Those is much more accepted than just insults.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Black Lust Perfume
Lady Leopardess
Black Lust Perfume
Lady Leopardess
Black Lust Perfume
x_Diamond_Kisses_x

Still, very insulted to Deaf AND Blind if you use "Impaired" We would rather be called "Deaf" or "Hard of Hearing" or "Blind" or "DeafBlind" Those is much more accepted than just insults.

I've never heard anyone consider that an insult, then again I haven't chatted with a deaf person in awhile so .....
I just for visually impaired though I've never heard anyone get annoyed at the "impaired" . Only of the completely blind getting slightly pissy about visually impaired and blind people being lumped together. Besides the fact if I say legally blind it honestly just confused people, although sometimes visually impaired over simplifies it but still.
to me impaired just means it's not as good as everyone else's . Which is true.

Sexy Turtle

Lady Leopardess

I've never heard anyone consider that an insult, then again I haven't chatted with a deaf person in awhile so .....
I just for visually impaired though I've never heard anyone get annoyed at the "impaired" . Only of the completely blind getting slightly pissy about visually impaired and blind people being lumped together. Besides the fact if I say legally blind it honestly just confused people, although sometimes visually impaired over simplifies it but still.
In the case, I have Usher Syndrome. I still find that insult to me as well.

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Black Lust Perfume
Lady Leopardess

Well I can only speak from the many people visually impaired legally blind people that I have met and the few hard of hearing and deaf people I have talked to.

As long as people don't act stupid about it most of us don't care.

That made me remember I actually did facebook one of my hard of hearing/ legally blind friends. I should ask him what he thinks ...

Sexy Turtle

Lady Leopardess
Black Lust Perfume
Lady Leopardess

Well I can only speak from the many people visually impaired legally blind people that I have met and the few hard of hearing and deaf people I have talked to.

As long as people don't act stupid about it most of us don't care.

That made me remember I actually did facebook one of my hard of hearing/ legally blind friends. I should ask him what he thinks ...
That is fine, why dont you ask Deaf Community.

Fashionable Shopper

I know a girl who is hard of hearing in one ear. We were best friends but we had a falling out...

Sexy Turtle

LilPinkCandy
I know a girl who is hard of hearing in one ear. We were best friends but we had a falling out...
Aww, sorry to hear that.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
I admire them, I wouldn't be able to cope with going deaf or blind.

I respect deaf-blinds the most.

Sexy Turtle

nitznitz

Aww! Have you thought of working for DeafBlind clients?

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Black Lust Perfume
nitznitz

I'm at the 12th grade and will soon work as a cashier at a fast food network for a few years before being a doctor, so not really.

Sexy Turtle

nitznitz
Black Lust Perfume
nitznitz

I'm at the 12th grade and will soon work as a cashier at a fast food network for a few years before being a doctor, so not really.
Ohh, Work with DeafBlind is my career so I am aiming for college to get that career so I can work.
I meet a cashier once that was losing his hearing and it couldn't be fixed, he actually taught himself ASL and he was really nice, I don't feel bad for him but I think its neat.

I would like to learn ASL and I don't hate it when people say they feel sorry for someone that is deaf because people tell me that all the time.
I'm blind in my right eye and have very poor vision in my left because too much oxygen when I was in the NICU for four months after I was born. And has I grow older I'm in danger of losing my sight all together.

Sexy Turtle

Abyssus _Puella
I meet a cashier once that was losing his hearing and it couldn't be fixed, he actually taught himself ASL and he was really nice, I don't feel bad for him but I think its neat.

I would like to learn ASL and I don't hate it when people say they feel sorry for someone that is deaf because people tell me that all the time.
I'm blind in my right eye and have very poor vision in my left because too much oxygen when I was in the NICU for four months after I was born. And has I grow older I'm in danger of losing my sight all together.
Oh, is there any cure for the vision?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces