Welcome to Gaia! ::

Evaevaluv4eva
Paper Heart Revolution
My dad techincally never gave me the ok, but I'm sure he'd be ok with it if I got a boyfriend. Or as ok as he'd be with some guy around his daughter. He's overprotective...

I guess whenever you're mature (or immature) enough to spend an abundance of time with your prefered sex.

my dad is VERY overprotective too
Plenty are.
My dad says he is because he knows how guys in high school are because he "was a dog just like the rest of them." So he doesn't like most guys. :/
Evaevaluv4eva
Merewina
It really depends on the maturity of the person. If you're like my friend, then you shouldn't be dating. At all. She's a perfect example of what is not acceptable for dating. She's had eight boyfriends in two months, she gets bored in under a week, she cries and threatens to kill herself when she gets dumped and she won't speak to that person afterward.

Your parents might let up after a while. Mine did. They said I couldn't date until I was sixteen. They just don't care now. If you prove you're responsible around the opposite sex, they might bend their rules a bit.

kk how do I prove so though?

Well, do you have a lot of guy friends? Or any?
Paper Heart Revolution
Evaevaluv4eva
Paper Heart Revolution
My dad techincally never gave me the ok, but I'm sure he'd be ok with it if I got a boyfriend. Or as ok as he'd be with some guy around his daughter. He's overprotective...

I guess whenever you're mature (or immature) enough to spend an abundance of time with your prefered sex.

Plenty are.
My dad says he is because he knows how guys in high school are because he "was a dog just like the rest of them." So he doesn't like most guys. :/

Ya same with mine he says " I know how guys think"
Merewina
Evaevaluv4eva
Merewina
It really depends on the maturity of the person. If you're like my friend, then you shouldn't be dating. At all. She's a perfect example of what is not acceptable for dating. She's had eight boyfriends in two months, she gets bored in under a week, she cries and threatens to kill herself when she gets dumped and she won't speak to that person afterward.

Your parents might let up after a while. Mine did. They said I couldn't date until I was sixteen. They just don't care now. If you prove you're responsible around the opposite sex, they might bend their rules a bit.

Yup I do

Sparkly Ladykiller

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I think 16 is a good age.

Although, I'm probably not dating until after high school unless someone really special comes along. It's kind of pointless for me to date right now seeing as I'm 15. x_X;;
This topic reminds me why I want my baby niece (whom I love like a daughter) to wear sweat pants and sweaters for the rest of her life ^-^
My paretnes told me I could start dating at 16. I didn't start officialy dating til 17. But, I think that about 15ish or 14 would be a good age to start dating.
Evaevaluv4eva
Merewina
Evaevaluv4eva
Merewina

Yup I do

Do your parents know them well? Invite them over for a movie night or something (with some girls of course so it's not obvious) and show your parents that they're not going to rape you the minute an adult turns their back. Maybe your parents will see that the way you act around guys is the same around girls. They might feel more comfortable about you dating if they understand the kind of guys you hang around.

Aged Regular

I think, as long as no naughty business goes down then it shouldn't matter what age you are.

I was 13 when I started dating.
heart CeiJae heart

4,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Well i think Like car dates like with out you`r mom or dad or the guys mom and dad like star at 16... but if it`s a date like hanging out at the house when the Pearnts are there i say er 13 parhaps?
wow grade 10 or 11 is way too long i started dating when i was 14 but i say wait its worth waiting...trust me....
Evaevaluv4eva
Paper Heart Revolution
Evaevaluv4eva
Paper Heart Revolution

Plenty are.

Ya same with mine he says " I know how guys think"
My dad used to be like that until I told him to shove it up his a**, and he put me on birth control. Now I meet random guys in Vegas and he doesn't care.
xD
Basically whenever you're ready.
I mean, it's not your parents decision if you really like someone S:
I'm 14, and I'm allowed to date.

D;
i think whenever you feel that your absolutly ready then start dating just dont rush into it you are still young you should enjoy being free for awhile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff