Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hollow Cost's Waifu

Hygienic Ladykiller

I could only tell you I looked at life differently at a very young age. It happens when you have to take care of yourself being so young.

Dapper Conversationalist

When I was 11 I read Sophie's World.

I think I picked it up at exactly the right time because it was a total game-changer for me. I had already lost any faith in religion that I might have had and was looking for something to challenge me. It's not a particularly well-written book but it's a very accessible introduction to philosophy, which is what an 11 year old needs. My world became a lot bigger after that and I felt like my opinion was actually valuable. I realised that adults do not have all the answers. They have almost no answers.
When I was 4 or 5. I learned humans were meant to destroy others and things. At the ages of 17 and 20 confirmed it.
Hm.. 3rd or 4th grade. 5th I definitely had a different perspective, and then I developed a whole new one halfway through 6th. And then I guess the rest of middle school was all messed up. Looking back my worst years were 7th and 8th but high school had been a lot better with minimal relapses.
So far, right now I feel my mind is quite open, so yeah, I'm happy.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
7th grade too.

But I always pondered life.

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Partygoer 500
Honestly, like the start of high school, because my parents always shoved their own ideas in my face and I guess I didn't get over that until high school.
and then the cynicism started. emotion_dowant

Cultist

The day I learned about the Soviet Union and Chernobyl. (around 4th grade)

Familiar Friend

Soffish
At the age of 2 I started listening to my parents yelling at each other all night. At 3 I learned that my mother was cheating on my father for longer than I was alive. I like to imagine that I am my fathers son. But anyways, from ages 3 to 4, I got to see the darker side of humanity with the bitterness and general selfishness that was involved in the court hearings for the divorce settlement. Being used as a weapon and everything, being yelled at when i was with my mom, and having to watch my dad cry when I was with him.

This explains my hate towards women and cheaters.

*hugs*
I've had mai good shares of view point changes throughout the years (probably startin since middle school years - or even before that if I can recall that far back) ...ah yes, quite the storm at times. ;-S
Soffish

about your story.....you have my condolence's, bro :-C

Dapper Conversationalist

Biopsyhoz
The day I learned about the Soviet Union and Chernobyl. (around 4th grade)
Why did learning about the USSR affect you guys? You're the second to say that.

Adored Admirer

You're all talking BS, but that's OK!
I mean, thinking differently of LIFE is pretty broad. I've had changes of heart and beliefs throughout my life, that effect the way I live. I couldn't say there was one definitive thing though.
Pseudo-Onkelos
You're all talking BS, but that's OK!

Frost's thread got shut down before I could read your response. sad

Ontopic:
Every day, and in every way, I'm getting better, and better.
I started to think differently at the ages of 5, 9, 12, 14, and 18.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff