Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Ladykiller

11,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

So growing up I had a bunch of My Little Ponies from a girl who used to baby sit me. Now I loved these brightly coloured ponies and even named a little pink one after the girl who gave them to me. I had adventures with them and I would go garage sales with my parents looking to buy more with pocket money. Eventually I grew out of them and wanted to pass them on to another little girl who I babysat (They were in extremely good condition). But no, my Mom made me keep them because "They could be worth money one day!"

So a year and a half ago I call her up, wanting to get my ponies back because I was afraid she would sell them on me. Turns out she gave them away to a neighbor, I was heart broken but asked if I could get the little pink one because it was special to me. My Mom never went over to get it back.. So the next six months I start watching the new show (Hey its good, don't judge) and I go on tumblr to see all the art and things. I start seeing old ponies that I had!
gonk
Now my boyfriend had bought me the pink pony that I had loved the christmas before since I was pretty much in tears about the whole thing. I'm starting to slowly get them back, but they're around 20-30 bucks with shipping and in good quality. So I guess you were right Mom! scream

Questions:
-What was your favorite toy as a kid?
-What happened to it?
-How much would you spend to get it back?
-Stories/Thoughts?

Fashionable Rogue

My favorite toys were Barbies.
My mom gave away some of my toys and it made me feel bad.
I still have them because my parents aren't willing to give away all the money they invested in me.
Oh, I would give anything to go back to the good ol' days when I was 6 or 7 years old.

The majority of the playing that I did was outside with friends. I never formed attachments to toys.

Fanatical Codger

I've never lived on a block with other kids on it, and I'm an only child, so my toys were my world. 3nodding heart

King Cutie-Pie

x
            Yeah, I wish I knew the whereabouts of my ponies too. emo
            And my Pokemon cards. I had them in my possession about 2 years ago and now I can't find them anywhere. Wtf.

Anxious Smoker

I wish I had my old gundam figures.

I want to order a couple and stands to have them as desk ornaments.

Profitable Survivor

9,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Growing up, I had well over a hundred barbies. I still have a small trunk full of them, mostly my special ones.

The only toys I really miss from my childhood are my old Polly Pockets. I had almost all the sets and I think they're way better then the new Polly Pockets.

Liberal Ladykiller

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I miss my sky dancers.
emotion_8c
Even if they often smacked me straight in the face.

The only toy I have from my childhood is my stuffed bunny.
I need him to watch over me while I sleep.
If I lost him, I don't know what I'd do.
Cry a lot, probably.
There is no replacing Bunny Foo Foo.

It's a gamble either way
If you play your cards
It's another tidal wave....

I miss all my barbies. Remember the way they look and everything. The names we gave them and such. I miss other toys, but mainly my barbies. My mom gave them to goodwill. My mom said if you still wanted them get them out of the car.. we never did. I couldn't do it myself.. guess at the time I didn't want them as much, but now I wish we got them.

I'll be waiting with my eyes closed.....

Beloved Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I miss a lot of my old toys, especially my Teddy Ruxben.

Tipsy Ladykiller

11,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Peanetty Goodness
Growing up, I had well over a hundred barbies. I still have a small trunk full of them, mostly my special ones.

The only toys I really miss from my childhood are my old Polly Pockets. I had almost all the sets and I think they're way better then the new Polly Pockets.

I'm picturing a tub of naked barbies with crazy hair and some limbs fallen off.. Thats how mine looked, my brother would pop their heads off when he was mad at me.
sweatdrop
I loved Polly Pockets, where they would actually fit in your pocket! They were really tiny, and could only bend at the waist.

Cutie-Pie

I enjoyed Bratz dolls. Yeah they looked lie whores that were good at blowjobs but they had some awesome style.

Tipsy Ladykiller

11,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Champion 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Girl With The Windex Eyes
It's a gamble either way
If you play your cards

I miss all my barbies. Remember the way they look and everything. The names we gave them and such. I miss other toys, but mainly my barbies. My mom gave them to goodwill. My mom said if you still wanted them get them out of the car.. we never did. I couldn't do it myself.. guess at the time I didn't want them as much, but now I wish we got them.

I guess as a kid you don't really want to keep them as much, their too 'babyish' to play with or not new. You just grow out of them, so you don't care until your older.
Lady Ammaryce

I miss my sky dancers.
emotion_8c
Even if they often smacked me straight in the face.

The only toy I have from my childhood is my stuffed bunny.
I need him to watch over me while I sleep.
If I lost him, I don't know what I'd do.
Cry a lot, probably.
There is no replacing Bunny Foo Foo.

It's a gamble either way
If you play your cards

I remember those sky dancers! They were pretty cool! I hope my Velveteen Rabbit is still at home. Probably not.. makes me sad thinking about it.

Profitable Survivor

9,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Flutter Fox
I'm picturing a tub of naked barbies with crazy hair and some limbs fallen off.. Thats how mine looked, my brother would pop their heads off when he was mad at me.
sweatdrop
I loved Polly Pockets, where they would actually fit in your pocket! They were really tiny, and could only bend at the waist.

Actually, my barbies That I've kept are still in pretty good condition. Most are naked and some have loose joints because they were played with so much. My brother knew not to mess with my barbies. evil Though, some of my barbies were in pretty bad shape and got thrown away. I used to cut their hair, put make up on them, etc.

Polly Pockets were so awesome. So many little play sets, and you're right, they did fit in pockets easily.

By the way, I'm sorry about your ponies. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games