Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you waiting?

Yes 0.2972972972973 29.7% [ 33 ]
No 0.55855855855856 55.9% [ 62 ]
Umm.. 0.14414414414414 14.4% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 111 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

I don't think it matters if you're married or not. If you're ready to handle all the possible things that can happen, then go ahead. If not, don't do it.

Marriage is stupid, anyway.
Didn't wait.
I believe in waiting for someone you love, and trust.
I had sex a year into my relationship, and it was last year, when I was 16.
I don't believe I am stupid, ignorant, or immoral. I have morals. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't smoke. I've never done anything illegal. (Except this, I guess. But, hell. At least I was picky with it.)
He wore a condom. I'm on birth control.
I'm still with him, it was only three-four months ago, but nothing's changed. He doesn't treat me any differently. We've stopped having sex, and he's not pestering me, or being an a** about it. He's completely content with it, because I am.

I don't care if we break up later in life. I will never regret losing my virginity to him. Because I will know that I was in love at the time, and that's good enough for me.
...don't second guess yourself...if you wanna wait do it cause it's your choice...not cause everyone else is giving it up...
Lever Puller
Didn't wait.
I don't believe I am stupid, ignorant, or immoral. I have morals. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't smoke. I've never done anything illegal. (Except this, I guess. But, hell. At least I was picky with it.)
I'm still with him, it was only three-four months ago, but nothing's changed. He doesn't treat me any differently. We've stopped having sex, and he's not pestering me, or being an a** about it. He's completely content with it, because I am.

I don't care if we break up later in life. I will never regret losing my virginity to him. Because I will know that I was in love at the time, and that's good enough for me.

...that's awesome to hear...

Perfect Trash

I didn't wait, and my life certainly didn't fall apart because of it.

The more I think about it, the more I hate the whole idea of virginity. So, you have or haven't had sex. So what? That hardly defines you as a person. Anyone who truly loves and respects you won't care if you've had previous sexual partners. Virginity is not a "gift." It just means that you have no idea what you're doing.

Marriage doesn't protect you from anything. Your partner can still leave you. Your partner can still cheat on you and give you and STD. Your partner can still get you pregnant when you don't want to be pregnant.

Abstinence is all fine and dandy, but I get annoyed when kids seem to think that it's some cure-all that will solve all their problems in life.

Perfect Trash

K ii b s
I'm planning on waiting until I'm married. Abstinence is deffinatly my thing right now. I'm not going to rush things. No, I'm not a super strict 'if you have sex you're sinning' kind of person, but I DO have morals and anyone who gets in bed with someone under the age of 18 is just stupid. They're frankly an idiot in my opinion. Again, I'm planning on waiting until I'm married, but if that right person comes along, after I've known them for a while, I might do it. But other than that, no way.
I had sex before I was 18, and yet I've somehow ended up with a graduate degree from a really good school. Maybe I'm not that much of an idiot. rolleyes
I'm not getting married; I'm not religious and I don't like the social stigma and implications of getting married. And I'm sexually active so...
i am certanly not waiting untill i get married, but untill i find the right one.
by personal choise, maybe after 2 years of dateing them i will, and if the person leaves me because i will not, then they were obviously not worth it.
SykoMeli
Lever Puller
Didn't wait.

...that's awesome to hear...

Are you being serious or sarcastic?
e_e
SykoMeli
...don't second guess yourself...if you wanna wait do it cause it's your choice...not cause everyone else is giving it up...

What about not waiting?
It's the same deal.

"If you wanna do it, do it. Not everyone is waiting."
Because I don't want to. And I didn't. Simple as that.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm Not Abstinent, I'm Not Religious. My Parents Were, Good Little Catholic Kids.
I Don't Think That It Matters If You Wait Or Not. As Long As You Are Prepared And Ready To Face Any Consequences That May Erupt. I'm Not Saying Go Bang Anyone You Want, But When You Do Chose To Act On Your Urges At Least Let It Be With Someone That You Love And Care For. Not Some Whore.
I Would Never Regret Losing My Virginity To My Boyfriend. But I'm In No Rush To Lose It. I Want To Wait Until I'm At Least 18 Before I Lost It, But If I Lose It Before That. I Won't Regret It. :]
I Love Him More Than Anything In The World. <3

--------------------
"We Are Going On A Safari, See The Lions From My Ferrari Hope We Do Not Get The Malari, Its Safari Time!"

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
stillinnirvana
I am a virgin and waiting until marriage. First, I believe God has set aside the perfect man for me heart . He will be a guy in which I can depend on for all of my needs, and if you can have perfect, why settle for less? Currently God is the only person on whom I depend upon in my life, and I don't plan on that changing for a while. Also abstinence is the only true way not to become pregnant or contract an STD. People may tell you that condoms prevent you from getting pregnant or having STD's but there is a reason why in the commercials it says that it is only 90 something percent effective. Also some forms of HPV can be contracted even with a condom. We all know what HPV causes cancer and STD's gonk . If you do oral and don't consider it sex, consider this then, if HPV settles in your mouth or throat, you can get cancer of the mouth or throat eek . If you want to be ONE LESS with cervical cancer, consider not having sex until your married. HPV is a mostly sexually transmitted virus. Don't believe him if he says your special because PEOPLE LIE cry !!! Also any person who has had sex with more than one person, greatens there chance of contracting HPV. How can you trust someone who isn't sure if they will love you for the rest of there lives question I trust in God, so I also trust in the little thing he made for man and woman called marriage. I would also never marry a man who doesn't love God...so for me and the man I am with, MARRIAGE IS FOREVER! Also intercourse in websters is defined as physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person xp . That includes solo sex and mutual masturbation too. So if your a Christian, don't go looking for loopholes because the road leading to salvation is narrow but the path to destruction is wide.

What if the person you're marrying has a STD? And HIV (Not HPV |: ) causes AIDS, not cancer. neutral And also, abstinence has a failure rate. Marriage isn't forever, even with Christians, because many Christians also get divorced.
20 Shades of Crazy
stillinnirvana
I am a virgin and waiting until marriage. First, I believe God has set aside the perfect man for me heart . He will be a guy in which I can depend on for all of my needs, and if you can have perfect, why settle for less? Currently God is the only person on whom I depend upon in my life, and I don't plan on that changing for a while. Also abstinence is the only true way not to become pregnant or contract an STD. People may tell you that condoms prevent you from getting pregnant or having STD's but there is a reason why in the commercials it says that it is only 90 something percent effective. Also some forms of HPV can be contracted even with a condom. We all know what HPV causes cancer and STD's gonk . If you do oral and don't consider it sex, consider this then, if HPV settles in your mouth or throat, you can get cancer of the mouth or throat eek . If you want to be ONE LESS with cervical cancer, consider not having sex until your married. HPV is a mostly sexually transmitted virus. Don't believe him if he says your special because PEOPLE LIE cry !!! Also any person who has had sex with more than one person, greatens there chance of contracting HPV. How can you trust someone who isn't sure if they will love you for the rest of there lives question I trust in God, so I also trust in the little thing he made for man and woman called marriage. I would also never marry a man who doesn't love God...so for me and the man I am with, MARRIAGE IS FOREVER! Also intercourse in websters is defined as physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia of at least one person xp . That includes solo sex and mutual masturbation too. So if your a Christian, don't go looking for loopholes because the road leading to salvation is narrow but the path to destruction is wide.

What if the person you're marrying has a STD? And HIV (Not HPV |: ) causes AIDS, not cancer. neutral And also, abstinence has a failure rate. Marriage isn't forever, even with Christians, because many Christians also get divorced.

Uh, HPV? Human Papilloma Virus? HPV is the virus that causes cervical cancer. |: So yeah, it kind of does exist, so she's right about that.

Also, yeah, some Christians do get divorced, but I've noticed that like 99.9% of Christians that do get divorced, it's because their spouse was of a different religion or whatever. So from what I see, Christian + Christian = basically guaranteed Forever kinda thing. :/
I totally hold with waiting until marriage. I think it makes it more meaningful, and sends a deeper message to your spouse. I'm not religous or anything, I just think waiting shows more of your character than if you don't

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff