Welcome to Gaia! ::

I didnt know where to put this but... yeah anyways

i'm looking for volunteer opportunities in Washington State for highschoolers in the summer. I usually have uneventfull summers and i want to do something worth while! so if anyone has any ideas on how or where i can volunteer let me know! biggrin
Well, I have no idea what sort of local volunteer things you could do, but I do know that no matter where you live you can find all sorts of volunteer work with national parks/state parks and sometimes even zoos.

About 20-30 miles from where I live is a state park that accepts volunteers, with a very special deal where if you pledge to volunteer for an entire month, committing 24 hours a week, they'll let you stay at one of their campsites.

I'm certain you'll find something along those lines at a local state or national park somewhere around you, provided you live close enough, if you live in a big city and don't have a lot of camping gear you might be in trouble.

Beloved Gaian

User Image
Oh hey hey! Another Washingtonian....
Anyways - Over the summer they have road clean up crews from ages 14-18. It can be
both volunteer or job. Its minimum wage and my brother plans to do it.
Just contact the Department of Transportation and ask if they need help with road clean up.
You can also help plant trees for the Department of Natural Resources... its just about
making the calls to local goverment funded programs.

Or you can always volunteer at homeless shelters and dish out food.
Thats always helpful too! 3nodding Or clean up city parks and get in contact with Parks and Recreation.
volunteermatch.com
won't help you much in washington lol
but on the topic of volunteer work, i'm a volunteer in the CFS (country fire service)
we have tonnes of volunteers in our state and we basically just fight bush fires without any real qualifications lol it's great

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff