Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I'd say it's a good choice--if you're female--considering 99.9% of the world likes to trash women who act on their entirely human and healthy sexual urges.

Sparkly Fatcat

x_Silver_Starlight_x
Happy little toast
I don't understand why you feel the need to boast about being a virgin, well done you haven't had sex good for you.

I didn't realize I was boasting. Like, seriously, how am I boasting?

Posting a thread about it and being all like oh wow look at me I'm on gaia making a topic about how I'm so virgin like totally gonna tell everybody, just shh up please nobody gives one, like. :/

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
bitBlackmage
Id say its a good choice--if youre female--considering 99.9 of the world likes to trash women who act on their entirely human and healthy sexual urges.

Yeah... in the 1950s.
neutral

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
bitBlackmage
Id say its a good choice--if youre female--considering 99.9 of the world likes to trash women who act on their entirely human and healthy sexual urges.

Yeah... in the 1950s.
neutral

No, it still happens. Feminism has not killed slut-shaming dead yet. I am disappoint.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
bitBlackmage
bitBlackmage

Yeah... in the 1950s.
neutral

No, it still happens. Feminism has not killed slut-shaming dead yet. I am disappoint.

Where the hell do you live then?
The bible belt?
That dosent happen too much in reality, sorry.

4,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
bitBlackmage
bitBlackmage

Yeah... in the 1950s.
neutral

The bible belt?

Sure.... I'll pretend it doesn't happen if it makes you happy.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
bitBlackmage
bitBlackmage
bitBlackmage

Yeah... in the 1950s.
neutral

The bible belt?

Sure.... Ill pretend it doesnt happen if it makes you happy.

Thanks for completely ignoreing everything I just typed out. I hope you know, this is why people hate pestamistics.
rolleyes

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Homicidal Orange
Bragging about being a virgin.
How embarrassing.

What if you divorced you husband later in life? :/ And don't say it won't ever happen, because in over 50% of cases it most certainly does.

I didn't realize I was bragging. At any point.
The 50% thing is a myth, at least where I'm from. In Canada, it's only around 30%
But, hey, if I do get a divorce, I just stop having sex until I'm remarried. It doesn't change the fact that I personally only want sex in marriage. No one else has to do it, but I want to.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Upperclass Hero

You're judging me, my girlfriend, and my entire relationship based on the one small ******** aspect of it. "Emotionally abusive?" "Unhealthy?" You don't know anything about me or her but you have the gall to make such accusations. I recognize that you said that that's how I'm explaining it, but that's just a cop out.

I used the fact that she slept with someone before we got together as an anecdote to dissuade people from messing around with someone they don't love because it could come back and bite you in the a** when someone you do love finds you. I don't need my relationship dissected by someone who read 4 or 5 posts of me talking about the only bad things that have happened.

We talk about the issues that we do have and neither one of us holds back how we feel, that is somehow wrong? So be it, it works for us. Looking back, you are right, I didn't have a reason to be upset back then, but I was...and I let her know how I felt. I don't regret it one bit.

I'm not really judging anyone. I'm saying, based on how you are explaining it, that is how it seems. That's not a cop out. I'm not saying it is fact, but if it's actually anything like how you're explaining, go to a therapist and see if there's any actual deep seated problems. And she should see a therapist because she really shouldn't be feeling so guilty over something like that. She made a mistake, but she can't let it her control her life.
No, it isn't wrong that you talk about issues, but if it means someone ends up crying or upset, you've gotta work on your communication skills with each other.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Happy little toast
x_Silver_Starlight_x
Happy little toast
I don't understand why you feel the need to boast about being a virgin, well done you haven't had sex good for you.

I didn't realize I was boasting. Like, seriously, how am I boasting?

Posting a thread about it and being all like oh wow look at me I'm on gaia making a topic about how I'm so virgin like totally gonna tell everybody, just shh up please nobody gives one, like. :/

Dude, that is not boasting. This thread isn't even about my virginity. It's about people being judged on their virginity. If you don't like the discussion topic, don't bother posting. But this is lifestyle discussion, and this is a lifestyle thread. Which, clearly, has gotten some discussion going.
Now, if you have something that actually contributes to the conversation, please feel free to join in.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
NOT REACHABLE
I can't help but judge people who decide to be virgins by choice til marriage. They have no clue how much they're missing... not only that but since they wait so long, it sets them up for false expectations on what their first time is going to be like. There's also a chance they're be stuck with someone who sucks at sex for life. Life should be lived to the fullest. Not to be wasted on solely one person...

But that's just my opinion. If you wanna live life not knowing about all the amazing sex you're missing out on, then good for you. Good sex makes a great relationship. If you make a commitment to someone who flat out sucks in bed, then your life is going to suck. 3nodding
If they suck at sex they wouldn't know because they have no one to compare them to. And if they suck for the rest of their life at sex then that's more of a problem about communication in the relationship.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Honestly, I agree. Most of the people in here are guilty for judging someone based on their sexual choices and it's stupid. If you want to wait to have sex on your wedding day then go ahead, it's a great day to choose so. I get enough crap just for saying that I waited until I found the person I wanted to marry to have sex, and that wasn't even until marriage.

Tipsy Lunatic

I think waiting for marriage specifically is kind of.... arbitrary.
I think waiting until you're with someone you trust and can really let into your life (which would ideally be a spouse) isn't silly at all.

I don't care much about sex and so I don't often ask about people's sexual habits. Therefore I never have cause to judge people about them.
Problem solved.
I do find it a little weird and I can't help but judge at least a little, but I've never bothered someone for their decision to do so. I know a few people waiting to. But I can't help but feel they're holding back due to religious worries about purity or low self-esteem.

Distinct Gawker

7,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I deal with it with one friend of mine. When I told her that I was a virgin, she giggled and didn't believe me. This is because it has become the norm to give it up for the first person who's willing to take it, and that choosing not to hit the sack with someone before marriage is considered to be "prude."

I choose this because I don't want to give it up to just any person. I want to be completely and utterly in love with them, and who also feels the same about me. I want to know that they're going to stay in my life afterwards, too, not just leave after the deed is done. It's also because I was born in an out-of-wedlock relationship and I saw how my mother struggled raising me and my sister all these years without my father around. I don't want to follow that path, nor do I want to deal with pregnancy scares like my older sister did. Oh, and not to mention STDs that may be lurking about.

If people want to have sex before marriage, that's their own choice. I'm honestly not against it, but at the same time I think that it's something that should be done out of love and with much precaution. End rant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff