Welcome to Gaia! ::

My grandmother was an alcoholic, so I swore never to drink unless it was only to try it. Just last night I drank for the first time (three green apple Smirnoffs), as it was my first opportunity to try, and I was with friends in their apartment (one of whom was over 21). I got a nice buzz, and it actually managed to relax me as I'm usually nervous around new people. It tasted sour, and made my stomach feel warm, but overall it was casual and fun.

The only downside is that once I'd drank one, my boyfriend kept pressuring me to drink more. I would have liked to have kept my own pace, since it was my first time, and probably not have had as much. O_o

I don't look forward to drinking any time soon again--I like my brain cells. Once a month, no more, would probably do it for me.

So, LD... have you ever drank before? How did you start? What did it feel like? Was it fun? Did you feel changed afterwards?
I was an alcoholic for awhile... but it didn't start right away.

It was because I was so competitive so I liked to outdrink people or drink a lot really fast and have people cheer for me I guess. I just stopped hanging out with most of my friends and replaced them with big drinkers so I had people to drink with.
esoretal
My grandmother was an alcoholic, so I swore never to drink unless it was only to try it. Just last night I drank for the first time (three green apple Smirnoffs), as it was my first opportunity to try, and I was with friends in their apartment (one of whom was over 21). I got a nice buzz, and it actually managed to relax me as I'm usually nervous around new people. It tasted sour, and made my stomach feel warm, but overall it was casual and fun.

The only downside is that once I'd drank one, my boyfriend kept pressuring me to drink more. I would have liked to have kept my own pace, since it was my first time, and probably not have had as much. O_o

I don't look forward to drinking any time soon again--I like my brain cells. Once a month, no more, would probably do it for me.

So, LD... have you ever drank before? How did you start? What did it feel like? Was it fun? Did you feel changed afterwards?

First off the amount you drank doesn't even qualify for binge drinking.
Your bf shouldn't be pressuring you to drink more you should take it as you like...at your own pace like you said....it's never nice to be pressured into something.

I do drink.But I don't drink often.
It's not that I don't like it it's just I don't enjoy hangovers or getting so drunk I can't stand.

I like to have a few drinks now and then with my mates or at home with my bf and housemates when we're watching a movie.

I do like the feeling when I drink because I don't drink much 3 drinks max which means I just get tipsy and can still control everything.
I wouldn't like to get so drunk someone would have to carry me home.

I've always had fun drinking with my friends but I don't feel it changed me in anyway..
My first drink was Gin in orange juice. My best friend decided to let me try some, he thought it would be a good first drink, so he didn't put too much in it. But then I really liked it so I asked for more. xd

At any rate, drinking is ok, when doing so responsibly and with other people. At least, it is more fun when with other people. Just remember not to go crazy and listen to friends when they tell you to drink more.

It's not worth it. biggrin
I really dont like drinking, but I must. Its because of the job. I really want to study gastronomy and become a chef, but in order to do that, I must learn of all the aspects of a restaurant, just as the bar. So, I just finnish a course of cocktail making and i had to try alot of drinks and wines. I dont drink in my free times, but I must learn about the topic.
Well I first drank on the last day of School. I was 16 at the time so a few years ago.
I just kinda started and I really didn't know what was happening and ended up having to be walked home by my best friend whom then got shouted at by my mother. D:
After that I didn't even touch drink for a long time till the next year and then went through a period of drinking every week for a few months and that was a lot for me.
Then one day I had a huge hangover and I decided that I didn't want to drink any more so in the end I stopped hanging out with people just so I wouldn't have the pressure to drink.
True story.

So I don't really see drinking as something positive.
Not to mention the damage you can do to relationships when drunk also.
I'll have a drink every once in a while with family, but usually it's only a glass of wine or half a cooler or so. I'm a major lightweight, so that's all it takes for me to get tipsy. sweatdrop And I like to be in control, so I'm trying not to experience anything past tipsy. xD;
ooh >.< another drinking thread.

Congrats on taking the first step and actually having a drink. Having a family member as an acholoic doesn't mean that you will be come one.

My first drinking story.
It was about a week before I turned 16. it was a lkong weekend and my friend said she was going to drink. So Im like yeh that cool I would love to go. So me and this other girl went halfs in a bottle of vodka. Now there was 6 of us 3 girls and 3 guys.

(A bit of background: earlier that year i had broken up with this guy of 18 months and my father had died and my grandfather had been in and out of hospital. I had depression, and probably if all thoese things had happened i might of not drunk).

So we got drunk (Her parents were home btw). we walked to Maccas and i lost my watch, it was my dads and made everyone got back for it. It was in the rubbish bin and was broken sad . I wanted to hook up with one of the guys. 1st guy he was an ex of like a motnh so no go for him. 2nd guy he was going out wiht one of the other girls, so a no go for him so that left Jamie. Well i tired to hook up with him. I kissed him - nothing.. I did some more embarassing things redface like flashing my boobs. He ended up with the other girl.

The other times i have drunk is with my partner Justin. there was another time that I drunk outside the legal drinking age. (He was legal age)

Legal age is 18 in Australia..

Funny thing is Jamie is best mates with Justin... and now Jamie is lives in my house.
More colorful than

First time I had a drink I was about seven. I only drink on social occasions and usually tend to do so in great amounts. I have a very high tolerance for alcohol, meds, etc. I blame genetics.

It relaxes me, used to drink to help me sleep at night; just a glass of wine. However, the only set back I ever get is....my body temp goes up. Never have had a hangover or puked from it.

than a bag of Skittles
i started very young. around 13. but only with my parents on ocassion. and i diddent really bother me. i was just like WOW! im actually drinking..o well..lol. but i only drink at least 5 times a year now. im 17.
have you ever drank before? yes
How did you start? I used to sneek a hard lemonade from my mom's friends every once in a while and then after I got into my punk rock phase, I drank PBR whenever I got the chance. now, I don't drink beer, b***h beers (hard lemonade etc) give me an instant hangover (it's the sugar). I only drink a few shots of tequila every few months cuz I'm usually the designated driver of my friends.
What did it feel like? my stomach burned but the slight loopiness was nice
Was it fun? I guess so
Did you feel changed afterwards? not really, drinking was never a huge deal for me
User Image
Just warning you to be cautious, like it seems you are, because alcoholism can be genetic. (We had a middle school talk on this a few weeks ago.)

I've just had the occasional sip of Champagne on New Year's. I'm fourteen and I hate the taste of alcohol. I expect that to change eventually, but for now, I guess it makes me feel a little more mature to try it once a year. Well, I don't think mature is the word, but.. I dunno. I like to keep open to everything.
User Image
I drink occasionally. I started when I was 13. My parents seemed to think it was important for me to drink stare My first time I drank I only took sips of stuff. I didn't really care for anything. Until I discovered Smirnoff. I used to get 6 packs just for me. It didn't feel like nothing, really. They were soft, barely alcoholic drinks. And no, I didn't feel changed afterwards. To this day I still only drink sips or very little (except on the rare occasions where I'm in a drinking mood. then I'll drink 10 times more than I normally would).
i started at my boyfriend sister's wedding because his family reeealllly likes to drink and i didn't want to be the only stinker at the party. plus it was kinda a bet to see if the guy wouldn't card me. it made me feel really social and warm and it made me want to talk to people about anything. usually i'm the shyest person i know sometimes. every now and then it help plus i just turned 21 like a week ago.
Dire Sparkle
First off the amount you drank doesn't even qualify for binge drinking.

I know. I'm a lightweight, and got buzzed off of only half of the first drink. xp I'm not worried about becoming alcoholic--I just want to take it easy. WAY easy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff