Welcome to Gaia! ::

OKay, so while I was going to a concert, as we were stepping out this dude gave me a flier about suffering animals and how being a vegan helps them reduce the suffering.
In a way, I want to.
But I can't get away from meat, it's like my favorite part of the meal. What about you?
I'm currently vegan. I've been animal product-free for 2 years and meat-free for 7 years.
I became a vegetarian last month.
It's one of the best choices I've ever made.
It was hard at first, it still is, lol.
I dream about eating meat sometimes, because I just miss the taste.
But I don't care, because I know what they do to those animals.
And even the "humane" places are ******** up.
It is automatically cruel for an entire species of animals to live for the soul purpose of being slaughtered and eaten.
Its a genocide.
Nothing deserves to die for your taste buds.
I really don't care. I love my meat, but I'm not going to go around trying to make everyone eat it. I only think about this issue when someone else makes it my problem, such as an incredibly a**l vegetarian telling me that I'm an evil person as though eating preferences were some sort of religious thing...
I'm a vegetarian. I had a hard time becoming one, because I didn't start until I was 14. So I'd started to like meat. But I figured, animals are always suffering...who am I to be part of the problem, just so I can get what I want?
I mean, that's just the way I see it...I don't force my views on other people.
And there're always the vegetarian/vegan version of meat.
I gave up meat almost three years ago, at first it was hard, but you get ued to it after a while. And I also eat and drink organic things, like organic milk! Or Soy Milk, not cow milk. So yea, 4laugh it's awsome that you want to do this!

3,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I DIDN'T HAVE A HARD TIME BECOMING VEGETARIAN, i hated the tast of meat and couldn't stand the reality of the origins of meat. vegetarian lifestyles are so much more healthy and eco-friendly, remmeber that heart
I didn't think giving up meat was that hard. Neither was giving up dairy and all other animal products, but that was kind of annoying because I had to learn to read EVERY label before I ate anything.
User Image "My name is King Magic Bouncer not Penut you moron!!!!"

Some advice to help you for what I did. (Vegatarian).
When I was trying to become one I sort of did a treat system. I go one day without meat I get a small meat treat. Everday the peice keeps getting smaller and smaller until I had nothing :3.
Yes, I know this is unfunny and something that will make me seem like a jerk. The problem is, I'm the Arrogant Worms' marketing wh**e. As such, please forgive me, and know that half of my friends are vegans.

Listen up brothers and sisters, come here my desperate tale
I speak of our friends of nature, trapped in the dirt like a jail
Vegtables live in oppression, served on out tables each night
This killing of veggies is madness, I say we take up the fight
Salads are only for murderers, cole slaws a fascist regime
Dont think that they dont have feelings, just cause a radish cant scream

Ive heard the screams of the vegetables, watching their skins being peeled
Grated and steamed with no mercy.. how do you think that feels?
Carrot juice constitutes murder.. greenhouses prisons for slaves
Its time to stop all this gardening.. lets call a spade a spade.

I saw a man eating celery, so I beat him black and blue
If he ever touches a sprout again, Ill bite him clean in two
Im a political prisoner, trapped in a windowless cage
cause I stopped the slaughter of turnips, by killing five men in a rage
I told the judge when he sentenced me, this is my finest hour..
Id kill those farmers again, just to save one more cauliflower

How low as people do we dare to stoop
Making our broccolis bleed in the soup
Untie your beans, uncage your tomatoes
Let potted plants free, dont mash that potato!

Is a spade is a spade is a spade is a... spade
its kinda odd how I became a vegitarian.
One day I woke up and thought "I dont feel like eating meat anymore". And I pretty much haven't since. every now and then I will have something small though.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Closest I ever come to being a vegetarian is wanting a lower fat alternative at restaurants, and when people go door to door selling meat; I put on a very agitated look and tell them my whole family is vegetarian, and they go away fast.

But that's the closest I come.
Eh, here's an interesting way to wean yourself off of meat.
Take the meat you eat the least, be it pork, beef, chicken, or fish, and just stop eating it.
Say you only eat pork in the form of breakfast sausage, well just stop eating pork, the only difference will be no breakfast sausage.

Pretty soon, the rest of the meat you'll eat will taste less appealing, eating it so much will make it seem bland.
After I eliminated pork, I got rid of beef, and pretty soon eating chicken every day got so tiring that I quit too.

It also always helps to have support, be it from friends, parents, boyfriend/girlfriend, or people you barely know but still carry some significance.

Last but not least, let's not forget why you should stop eating meat. For most people, it's animal suffering, for me it's environmental suffering. The production of meat is responsible for more greenhouse gases than all forms of transportation in the U.S. combined, it's responsible for a whole mess of not only air pollutants but land and water pollutants as well. The costs of producing meat are enormous, not in money but in resources, it takes 70% of our grain harvest and 80% of our corn harvest to support our livestock industry, 50% of our agricultural water supplies, and also 50% of our agricultural land. The costs in oil to produce meat are outrageous, once you add up all the oil used to produce the pesticides, run the farming equipment, making the packaging, operate the meat processing plant, and ship all this junk across the country, it gets pretty insane.

Hell, I'd be willing to eat meat if we raised our livestock in a sustainable way. That's why I wish to someday buy my own house with a yard big enough for raising chickens. Though I've heard they make lovely pets, the real reason I want to invest in them is for the eggs, cage-free organic eggs that only cost the price of the chicken feed, compare that to the stuff in the supermarket and you got yourself a deal, and best of all I make sure they're treated fairly.
So let me get this strait. if "you" stop eating meat the animals wont suffer anymore?
Do you know how bad cheep that provide the material for your clothes are treated?
And will that make you a nudist?

Go with what is fine for you, I'm clothed and eating meat, that is my choice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff