Vegan 0.20610687022901 20.6% [ 27 ]
Veggy 0.18320610687023 18.3% [ 24 ]
Other+ 0.61068702290076 61.1% [ 80 ]
Total Votes:[ 131 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38 39 40 > >>

Dapper Ladykiller

Anti-Life-Engine
Oxyria
Where I'm from it's pretty much impossible to be a vegan and eat locally, so I eat meat that I'm personally responsible for.

And I hope you can see the humour in this, but here's a joke:
How do you know if someone's a vegan? They ******** tell you.

>glib troll c**t.

You're kind of a tool. Just so you know.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
freelance lover
Alexander J Luthor
freelance lover
I keep meaning to buy them when we go to the farmer's market but we just don't. We usually opt for some fresh vegetables or the local vendor's tapenade or something instead. There is a booth that has duck eggs, which I kind of want to try.

Blackrose_Knight
Fresh eggs are the bomb. When I have my house I am going to be getting 3 or 4 chickens just for that purpose. Also, they keep the bugs down if you have a mobile pen.

Have either of you raised chickens or been around a personal coop before? It's pretty hard, especially if you want them to have the luxury of free range. Just three to four chickens can be a huge hassle with no prior experience. And if you're planning on keeping a lot to the side, you may want to go with 6-8. Unless you don't eat a lot of eggs.

Toptip: Make sure you get them enough calcium in their food, otherwise their egg shells will be really fragile.

Oh, and I found this link that has a lot of awesome info to commit to memory. I just looked it over for a crucial bit of info that wasn't on there; females fight just like the males do. Sometimes it's territorial, jealousy, cannibalism, even sickness can cause your chicken to be deranged. If you can find it, watch Alaska: the last frontier. Ivan and his wife raise chickens and they actually had an issu where one of their hens tried to go on a murder spree, and without watching them often, it's hard to figure out which one it is. They killed the wrong one the first time, but eventually caught Miss Murder and had some good chicken meat. It was a lot more dangerous for them, though, because where they live killing those chickens was like burning hundred dollar bills.

I have no, but I'm always willing to learn. This is great information. Chickens are far away in my future... we'd need to move and buy a house and stuff. But someday. I also really want a garden if we move back to that area. It's so temperate year round you can grow so much stuff.

My grandpa has two gardens; one strictly for berry bushes. emotion_kirakira It's amazing, and I get free food if I help.
Alexander J Luthor

My grandpa has two gardens; one strictly for berry bushes. emotion_kirakira It's amazing, and I get free food if I help.

That's awesome! I love living in California, because even in LA everyone has trees and stuff growing in their backyard. We have a pomegranate and lime tree and our neighbor's lemon tree drops lemons in our yard sometimes. Our friends have a lemon tree in their yard. It's awesome.

But I really want to move back to the central coast because SO MUCH PRODUCE. There were strawberry fields less than a mile from where I lived and you could just pull up and buy a palate for like... $8. But I just want to get a house with a nice backyard or a little land so I can grow some squash and stuff and maybe get a few chickens if my lifestyle allows.
Anti-Life-Engine
freelance lover
Anti-Life-Engine
freelance lover
Veganism as a concept and whole I don't take issue with. I don't think it's the healthiest way to feed yourself and you need to be a lot more aware of what you're eating, but I don't think it's any worse (it's probably better actually) than eating lots of processed junk. But I mean, there are a lot of reasons to be vegan and I can respect that.

I hate pushy vegans though. They act like their cause is the only cause in the world that matters and refuse to acknowledge that people have things in their life that might not make eating a vegan diet possible for them. The hypocrisy pisses me off too. I have never once heard a vegan talk about the terrible working conditions humans deal with in the meat industry. They're concerned about chickens and cows but don't even bat an eye at the human rights abuses happening there.

I hate the ******** that think its there moral and cultural right to consume what they please when they please because they view themselves to be better than animals because they have intelligence. rofl

creating life is immoral creating life to profit from it and consume it is worse.

My personal belief is that there is nothing morally wrong with eating animals. That's not a "I'm better than animals" ideology, that's the circle of life. Ideally, we would all raise our own meat or hunt it so the animals would have cruelty free life. Sadly, that is not the case. Blackrose posted that great article written by a homesteader a few pages back and that is basically spot on with what I believe.

I understand why people choose not to give their money to factory farms and can respect that. You vote with your dollar. I don't buy GMOs because I don't want money going to Monsanto. I get it. That's not a priority for everyone though, and I personally think there are more effective ways to reform the meat industry than just not buying from it. Short of everyone doing it (which isn't going to happen) boycott just isn't terribly effective.

I just don't understand why some vegans have to be assholes about it. Name calling never got anyone to your side. If you're really wanting to educate people, don't be a douchecanoe.

you don't get to have your own personal belief about morality to allow your negativ actions c**t. creating life to torture and consume it makes you an immoral c**t end of discussion objectively IMMORAL. not opinion based in mother fucing fact.

who gives a ******** about gmos dundercunt. gmos are perfectly fine we are talking about sentient life here ******** moron.

well I don't understand why anyone would abuse animals for there profit and try and use intelectual gynnastics to avoid the bleeding obivous pain they impose. go ******** yourself c**t, you belong in prison or on the ground with your skull crushed in pissed in. "MUH OPINION IS THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH RAPE. OR MURDERING U" so I guess I can do whatever I want to you because you are a woman and have less value than a real human.

Geez, this is why no one likes vegans.

I'd be happy to have a civil conversation about the issues of factory farming and animal cruelty. But as soon as you become a raging, name calling, douche I stop caring about you and any of your opinions.

You catch more flies with honey. If you're really committed to your cause and want to bring people to it, you might try it.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
freelance lover
Alexander J Luthor

That's awesome! I love living in California, because even in LA everyone has trees and stuff growing in their backyard. We have a pomegranate and lime tree and our neighbor's lemon tree drops lemons in our yard sometimes. Our friends have a lemon tree in their yard. It's awesome.

But I really want to move back to the central coast because SO MUCH PRODUCE. There were strawberry fields less than a mile from where I lived and you could just pull up and buy a palate for like... $8. But I just want to get a house with a nice backyard or a little land so I can grow some squash and stuff and maybe get a few chickens if my lifestyle allows.

Hold on... Just saw the best picture the other day:

Tag Line: My mom tried to grow a lemon tree here in rainy Washington state.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was thinking you could treat them like cumquats. They're so adorable and tiny...

AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN A PALATE FOR EIGHT ******** DOLLARS? crying Take me with yooooooooooooooou. I heard in California they sell oranges like that.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Anti-Life-Engine
freelance lover
Anti-Life-Engine
freelance lover
Anti-Life-Engine
freelance lover
Veganism as a concept and whole I don't take issue with. I don't think it's the healthiest way to feed yourself and you need to be a lot more aware of what you're eating, but I don't think it's any worse (it's probably better actually) than eating lots of processed junk. But I mean, there are a lot of reasons to be vegan and I can respect that.

I hate pushy vegans though. They act like their cause is the only cause in the world that matters and refuse to acknowledge that people have things in their life that might not make eating a vegan diet possible for them. The hypocrisy pisses me off too. I have never once heard a vegan talk about the terrible working conditions humans deal with in the meat industry. They're concerned about chickens and cows but don't even bat an eye at the human rights abuses happening there.

I hate the ******** that think its there moral and cultural right to consume what they please when they please because they view themselves to be better than animals because they have intelligence. rofl

creating life is immoral creating life to profit from it and consume it is worse.

My personal belief is that there is nothing morally wrong with eating animals. That's not a "I'm better than animals" ideology, that's the circle of life. Ideally, we would all raise our own meat or hunt it so the animals would have cruelty free life. Sadly, that is not the case. Blackrose posted that great article written by a homesteader a few pages back and that is basically spot on with what I believe.

I understand why people choose not to give their money to factory farms and can respect that. You vote with your dollar. I don't buy GMOs because I don't want money going to Monsanto. I get it. That's not a priority for everyone though, and I personally think there are more effective ways to reform the meat industry than just not buying from it. Short of everyone doing it (which isn't going to happen) boycott just isn't terribly effective.

I just don't understand why some vegans have to be assholes about it. Name calling never got anyone to your side. If you're really wanting to educate people, don't be a douchecanoe.

you don't get to have your own personal belief about morality to allow your negativ actions c**t. creating life to torture and consume it makes you an immoral c**t end of discussion objectively IMMORAL. not opinion based in mother fucing fact.

who gives a ******** about gmos dundercunt. gmos are perfectly fine we are talking about sentient life here ******** moron.

well I don't understand why anyone would abuse animals for there profit and try and use intelectual gynnastics to avoid the bleeding obivous pain they impose. go ******** yourself c**t, you belong in prison or on the ground with your skull crushed in pissed in. "MUH OPINION IS THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH RAPE. OR MURDERING U" so I guess I can do whatever I want to you because you are a woman and have less value than a real human.

I'd be happy to have a civil conversation about the issues of factory farming and animal cruelty. But as soon as you become a raging, name calling, douche I stop caring about you and any of your opinions.

You catch more flies with honey. If you're really committed to your cause and want to bring people to it, you might try it.

I don't give a ******** about flies with honey, you are an a** hole if you aren't vegan end of discussion and I have the right according to you to bash your brains out and piss in t hem if I feel like because I don't personally believe murder is wrong therefore its ok. rofl

"KILLING ANIMALS IS WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG, but killing humans is alright."

Nice "morals" there.
Alexander J Luthor
Anti-Life-Engine
freelance lover
Anti-Life-Engine
freelance lover

I don't give a ******** about flies with honey, you are an a** hole if you aren't vegan end of discussion and I have the right according to you to bash your brains out and piss in t hem if I feel like because I don't personally believe murder is wrong therefore its ok. rofl

"KILLING ANIMALS IS WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG, but killing humans is alright."

Nice "morals" there.

I mean, dude might be a troll. I don't know. But people are that fanatical about ANYTHING are just... not well equipped with logic.

This also drives home a point I made in the first post. I have NEVER EVER ONCE heard a vegan, in the process of promoting veganism, mention the human rights abuses that happen in factory farms. Have you seen how they treat their workers? It's awful, it's like they're disposable. They're against "murder" but are like BE VEGAN OR I'LL KILL YOU. Stupid and hypocritical and not going to get anyone on your side.

It's like they're super concerned about chickens and stuff, but they don't give a damn about another human life.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Anti-Life-Engine
blocked not going to deal with your s**t posts and bullshiit tonight.

you didn't get the point she tried to say it was subjective therefore acceptable so murder of humans is subjective therefore accpetable if value doesn't exist then I guess its fine if I rape her crush her skull in piss in her brains and go home.

Is someone still hurting from our last run-in? Isn't that saaaad.
User Image

Also, you can't start using the subjective argument when you've already swung these out:
Quote:
some one can test an action in their brain see how much harm is done and say "that objectively is a shitty act."

this is NOT opinon you dunder ********. its objective fact, you can think or feel that something is right or wrong, but if you feel the wrong way you should be imprisoned or punished for doing immoral acts.

opinion becomes ******** irrlevent when victims are created for you sick ******** amusement.

>MUH SUBJECTIVNESSESS MUH SUBJECTIVE HUMAN EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING IS SUBJECTIVE

then you concede that everything is feeling every value is in the goods and bads and by imposing a bad on someone for your good you are an a** hole period.

Quote:
calling everything subjective because you want an excuse to be a nihlistic immoral c**t is wrong.

sure everyone can have their inidvidual and personal pains and pleasures but calling something like morality subjective is only done so you can excuse or feel justified in your negative and OBJECTIVELY bad behaviour. I can look at the facts that animals have just as much value as us and feel pain and those are just enough facts to slap you in the face and say you are an a** hole, and your believes, cultures and opinions only exist to justify s**t behaviour. opinions would be not based in reality fact and knowledge vegan diet is based in reality. and is not opinion.

Objective, objective, objective. You sound like you're on a mission to be the biggest douche in this forum, when in reality there are classier trolls than you. And you never answered the question before about what to do with carnivores, like lions, that will devour their prey alive instead of making their kill quick and painless. By saying "dur dur intelligence" you just gave everyone diagnosed with autism or mental retardation the right to murder everyone here and eat all the meat they want because they're not always intelligent enough to know better.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
freelance lover
Alexander J Luthor
freelance lover
I keep meaning to buy them when we go to the farmer's market but we just don't. We usually opt for some fresh vegetables or the local vendor's tapenade or something instead. There is a booth that has duck eggs, which I kind of want to try.

Blackrose_Knight
Fresh eggs are the bomb. When I have my house I am going to be getting 3 or 4 chickens just for that purpose. Also, they keep the bugs down if you have a mobile pen.

Have either of you raised chickens or been around a personal coop before? It's pretty hard, especially if you want them to have the luxury of free range. Just three to four chickens can be a huge hassle with no prior experience. And if you're planning on keeping a lot to the side, you may want to go with 6-8. Unless you don't eat a lot of eggs.

Toptip: Make sure you get them enough calcium in their food, otherwise their egg shells will be really fragile.

Oh, and I found this link that has a lot of awesome info to commit to memory. I just looked it over for a crucial bit of info that wasn't on there; females fight just like the males do. Sometimes it's territorial, jealousy, cannibalism, even sickness can cause your chicken to be deranged. If you can find it, watch Alaska: the last frontier. Ivan and his wife raise chickens and they actually had an issu where one of their hens tried to go on a murder spree, and without watching them often, it's hard to figure out which one it is. They killed the wrong one the first time, but eventually caught Miss Murder and had some good chicken meat. It was a lot more dangerous for them, though, because where they live killing those chickens was like burning hundred dollar bills.

I have no, but I'm always willing to learn. This is great information. Chickens are far away in my future... we'd need to move and buy a house and stuff. But someday. I also really want a garden if we move back to that area. It's so temperate year round you can grow so much stuff.

I ******** love farm fresh eggs. white eggs are gross. can't eat'em without seasoning the hell out of them and covering them in salsa. I can actually buy 2 dozen farm fresh eggs for a dollar, though. biggrin

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
freelance lover
I mean, dude might be a troll. I don't know. But people are that fanatical about ANYTHING are just... not well equipped with logic.

This also drives home a point I made in the first post. I have NEVER EVER ONCE heard a vegan, in the process of promoting veganism, mention the human rights abuses that happen in factory farms. Have you seen how they treat their workers? It's awful, it's like they're disposable. They're against "murder" but are like BE VEGAN OR I'LL KILL YOU. Stupid and hypocritical and not going to get anyone on your side.

It's like they're super concerned about chickens and stuff, but they don't give a damn about another human life.

poultry farms are actually one of the worst. The fecal smell, airborne disease, angry as ******** chickens with claws. Those bitches grow back!
Chieftain Twilight
freelance lover
Alexander J Luthor
freelance lover

Blackrose_Knight

I ******** love farm fresh eggs. white eggs are gross. can't eat'em without seasoning the hell out of them and covering them in salsa. I can actually buy 2 dozen farm fresh eggs for a dollar, though. biggrin

What do you mean "white eggs?" Are you talking about the shell? Pretty sure there is no difference between white and brown eggs, it just varies from the chicken they come from.

Egg whites, on the other hand- yes I agree. People who don't eat the yolk are dumb though. There's so much healthy stuff in egg yolks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff