Total Votes:[ 131 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38 39 40 > >>

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Blackrose_Knight
I'll never be vegan. I love honey, and dairy far too much. Honey more so. God I love bee vomit. emotion_omnomnom

I prefer shopping local, and attempting to avoid unnecessary cruelty to the animals I consume. They gave their lives so I may live, the least I can do is insure they had a happy, healthy life, and slaughtered respectfully and with as little pain as possible.

Edit:
An Open Letter to Angry Vegetarians - this links sums up exactly my feels.

Thanks for posting that link. That locally sourced meat might be better for the environment than a vegetarian diet in some places hadn't occurred to me, but that's partly due to the soybean field I can see outside my dorm room window and the lovely veggies I can buy at the farmers market a few blocks up the road. Cows specifically create a lot of greenhouse gases and take a lot of resources to raise, but there's a valid point that no food is free from animal deaths. I guess my biggest beef (lol) is with beef and large-scale farming practices. I actually don't have a problem with many forms of hunting (if someone eats what you kill) and small-scale farming of chicken and pork. I think people need to cut back on the beef they eat, but the reality is that there are places that you can't grow crops, or can't grow them efficiently.
I'm a broke college student, and I suspect that if I can't afford a lot of locally sourced goods, a vegetarian diet, or mostly veg is better for the environment than a heavily meat based diet. (Also, I suspect that some of that Green Giant frozen veggie pack I had for dinner didn't really travel that far - I think the GG factory is in the same state I'm in, I know some of my relatives have contracts to grow crops for GG.) Also, I've lost like 70 pounds since going veg a couple years ago, down from 220.

If only veggies could scream. Have a heart, eat a rock. biggrin

Friend

5,050 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved
Chocolate taste good that doesn't mean i should eat it.
People go on about the environment and its meat eaters like you that help create the toxins.
Your an idiot for supporting animal cruelty.

Pretty sure eating meat and animal cruelty don't equate to each other.
Also it's *you're.
Then *you're* highly mistaken and blind to facts.
Most of the slaughter houses your meat comes from the animals are treated poorly and caged 24/7 you gonna tell me that aint animal curilty.
And get off your high horse 'It's you're' I'm online not writing for a paper I can choose to use grammar as carelessly as I please.

Then don't expect me to take you seriously, bee killer rolleyes
Oh I do apologize rolleyes
I was not aware I was expecting anything of you.
Bee killer? Do be more specific..

The pesticide that goes into most crops kills bees. So if I apparently support animal cruelty, I think it's safe to assume you want to kill all bees. Am I right?

its called organic mate

Dapper Pup

Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved
Most of the slaughter houses your meat comes from the animals are treated poorly and caged 24/7 you gonna tell me that aint animal curilty.
And get off your high horse 'It's you're' I'm online not writing for a paper I can choose to use grammar as carelessly as I please.

The pesticide that goes into most crops kills bees. So if I apparently support animal cruelty, I think it's safe to assume you want to kill all bees. Am I right?

its called organic mate

Shared responsibility.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved

its called organic mate
neutral Do you do ALL the research to make sure your "organic" products are legit? Turns out anyone can slap that label on a product so long as they follow the bare minimum for guide lines. There are only three reliable labels for organic food in the US and only two of them take it as seriously as they can. And even then, if an organic farm is next to a non organic farm that uses air application, you're still going to get some pesticides in your product. So unless you grow and eat all your own fruits and veggies, you can't really know, can you, bee killer?

Sparkly Star

7,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i enjoy lots of vegan dishes, a place near by has the most amazing nachos ive ever had in my life, they are mind blowing. so much tastier then any traditional meat and cheese nachos ive ever experienced.

I will never be vegan or vegi, however i am making efforts to ensure that all animal products are local sourced and organic/grass fed/cage free. I live in the midwest though, with lots of options for markets and farmers selling direct. It also supports my local economy/farmers!

My fiance and i also have limited the portion sizing of meat we eat, down to what it actually should be as opposed to what you typically see. We typically now only eat meat during a dinner setting now two, with breakfast and lunch being non meat based dishes. These are mainly decisions based off health reasonings.

Gaian

I'm Vegan. I became vegetarian when I was around 7 or 8.
I remember watching a video in school that put me off meat for life.
It wasn't until a few years ago that I became educated on veganisum and since then I stopped eating dairy and non-Organic foods. I do lots of research in what I purchase to make sure it's as animal friendly as possible. I've never bought clothing or cosmetic products that can be traced back to animals anyway.
My opinion. I think the diet is stupid. I also think vegetarianism is stupid. I personally don't want to take it up and I'm a bit annoyed by those who do. Only because a good chunk of them go out of their way and to say they are better than me cause they are vegan which is BS in my opinion.

I like meat food group. I'm a proud omnivore. I feel our bodies are made to be omnivores so by means be an omnivore. I don't care if my life is shortened or not eating meat makes me happy and so I will take it up.

That's my opinion and you asked for it.

Gaian

langland07
My opinion. I think the diet is stupid. I also think vegetarianism is stupid. I personally don't want to take it up and I'm a bit annoyed by those who do. Only because a good chunk of them go out of their way and to say they are better than me cause they are vegan which is BS in my opinion.
I like meat food group. I'm a proud omnivore. I feel our bodies are made to be omnivores so by means be an omnivore. I don't care if my life is shortened or not eating meat makes me happy and so I will take it up.

I can understand you like meat and that's fine. You are your own person at the end of the day, I have nothing against that. However, I'd like to point out that been vegan is not a diet it's a life style choice and not all vegans throw it in the face of people who choose to eat meat.
You hate that people say the fact you eat meat is stupid and that we are better than you. Yet you are the one calling our way of life stupid.
Tune as old as Song
langland07

I can understand you like meat and that's fine. You are your own person at the end of the day, I have nothing against that. However, I'd like to point out that been vegan is not a diet it's a life style choice and not all vegans throw it in the face of people who choose to eat meat.
You hate that people say the fact you eat meat is stupid and that we are better than you. Yet you are the one calling our way of life stupid.

Well I personally think the way of life is stupid. That's my opinion. This thread asked for my opinion. I know not all vegans get in my face but a good few have and in doing so it's made me less inclined to take it up. I was raised in a family that hunts deer. I'm also from a state that famous for it's meat primarily the Bratwursts.

But that is all my opinion and I respect you choose to be vegan but I still don';t agree with it.

Gaian

langland07
Tune as old as Song
langland07

Well I personally think the way of life is stupid. That's my opinion. This thread asked for my opinion. I know not all vegans get in my face but a good few have and in doing so it's made me less inclined to take it up. I was raised in a family that hunts deer. I'm also from a state that famous for it's meat primarily the Bratwursts.

But that is all my opinion and I respect you choose to be vegan but I still don';t agree with it.

Do you care to tell me why you think it's stupid?
Tune as old as Song
langland07
Tune as old as Song
langland07

I thought I stated it already. I feel our bodies are made to be Omnivores and so I take it up. I don't agree with the idea of eating only vegetables. In a way you kind of hypocrites. You're eating another life form. You argue it's because plants don't feel pain but how do you know they dont? I live in a forested area and I know trees compete for sunlight and every year trees die. I personally that right is prove that plants have emotions because the need for competition is purely an emotional feeling.

With that I see just how insane some vegans really are with their way of life and I just want nothing to do with that. With that said because how insane some vegans are, I have found the diet to be a stupid practice in my opinion. But that is my opinion. I also feel some Vegans act like Jehovah Witnesses and those other extreme Christian churches in sense they are somewhat trying to force their lifestyle on us. PETA is another reason why i don't like the Vegan diets because I really hate PETA unless it's the People Eating Tasty Animals then that one I support.

I also enjoy Barbecuing meat on charcoal. I don't grill veggies, just meat.

No matter what you say, you aren't going to change how I feel about the Vegan lifestyle. I strong disagree with it, I think it's stupid, and it's a lifestyle I personally choose not to take up. Call me a bad person because I already know I am.

Gaian

langland07
Tune as old as Song
langland07
Tune as old as Song
langland07

I thought I stated it already. I feel our bodies are made to be Omnivores and so I take it up. I don't agree with the idea of eating only vegetables. In a way you kind of hypocrites. You're eating another life form. You argue it's because plants don't feel pain but how do you know they dont? I live in a forested area and I know trees compete for sunlight and every year trees die. I personally that right is prove that plants have emotions because the need for competition is purely an emotional feeling.

With that I see just how insane some vegans really are with their way of life and I just want nothing to do with that. With that said because how insane some vegans are, I have found the diet to be a stupid practice in my opinion. But that is my opinion. I also feel some Vegans act like Jehovah Witnesses and those other extreme Christian churches in sense they are somewhat trying to force their lifestyle on us. PETA is another reason why i don't like the Vegan diets because I really hate PETA unless it's the People Eating Tasty Animals then that one I support.

I also enjoy Barbecuing meat on charcoal. I don't grill veggies, just meat.

No matter what you say, you aren't going to change how I feel about the Vegan lifestyle. I strong disagree with it, I think it's stupid, and it's a lifestyle I personally choose not to take up. Call me a bad person because I already know I am.
Why do you assume that all we eat are vegetables? and why do you think all vegans choose to have that life style because of animal cruelty?
Personally I think you're small minded from the above statements.
I'm not trying to change your opinion only explore and understand why you have such a strong negative opinion on the subject.

Friend

5,050 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Alexander J Luthor
Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved
Mister Okami
Stupid but Loved

its called organic mate
neutral Do you do ALL the research to make sure your "organic" products are legit? Turns out anyone can slap that label on a product so long as they follow the bare minimum for guide lines. There are only three reliable labels for organic food in the US and only two of them take it as seriously as they can. And even then, if an organic farm is next to a non organic farm that uses air application, you're still going to get some pesticides in your product. So unless you grow and eat all your own fruits and veggies, you can't really know, can you, bee killer?
ofc i do.

Original Gaian

Tune as old as Song
Why do you assume that all we eat are vegetables? and why do you think all vegans choose to have that life style because of animal cruelty?
Personally I think you're small minded from the above statements.
I'm not trying to change your opinion only explore and understand why you have such a strong negative opinion on the subject.

I find it quite annoying that people think Vegans don't eat meat only because of Animal cruelty.
I mean yeah, its one big reason why but there are plenty other reasons too. 3nodding

Liberal Receiver

As long as you don't go all PETA on me, I give no shits. I will even make efforts to make something that you can eat.
As soon as you go all PETA on me, all bets are off. ******** you, and the asparagus you rode in on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff