Welcome to Gaia! ::

›› size 6 is nowhere near fat.

little_sailor_jd's Significant Otter

Is that a UK size six or a US size six?

Either way its ******** tiny. I'm a UK 12, making me a US 10 and in some stores I can still wear kids clothes.

I understand though. For years I wanted to be a size 12. Now I am a size 12, I feel I'm too big and get wierd about it in shops.

A lot also depends on your bone structure. Some people naturally look good in small sizes, some people look emaciated if they arent genuinely slim or petite (hard to explain, I think its a build thing.) Like, my build is medium so if I were a size six, I'd look half dead whereas I know people who can be size six and look stunning.

Your not fat. I know in your head it feels very different. But you arent.
A size 6 is obviously not fat. Society doesn't think you're fat, I doubt anyone's looked at you and thought "wow, she's heavy" You don't have to be a size 2 to be considered thin or average. You're fine where you're at.

Who thinks a size 6, or even a 4, is fat? I've *never* seen anybody call that fat. Hell, I'm a size 10 and I'm NOT fat.

As long as you have a normal BMI and are in an acceptable weight range for your height than that is ALL that matters. Not what number is on the tag of your dress.
stop looking to other people to validate you. you have to be happy with yourself.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Six is not a large size. At all. Hell, for me, I would be bordering on anorexic in a size six. I don't consider anything below 20 to be 'fat'. Which is why I'm working really hard to get down to a size 18.

If anyone says that a size six is fat, they'd probably be doing themselves and the world a favor by throwing themselves off the nearest cliff.
I can wear a size six, depending upon the store.
Usually I'm anywhere from a 3-6.
This is me:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you think that's fat?
Oh for the love of God...

Shut the ********** up. Do you have any idea how many people would kill to be a size six? And here you are "Oh B00 H0o P00r M3!11! I'm F4T!!1!!!" It's a no wonder there are so many eating disorders going on in this country, because people like you post bullshit like this, and then a person with a size 8 might think "Well, if she's smaller then me and FAT what does that make me??!"

Be happy you lost weight, and get the hell over yourself. rolleyes
The average American woman is a size 11/12.

You are not fat by any means.
I really have no idea how american sizes work
but I googled size 6 and I got this;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's not fat -shrugs- it's 'regular'. In between skinny and chubby.
Zyklon Bee
If you think that's fat, go jump off a cliff, you t**t.

TROLL.

dont worry what this guy says.
hes a waste of space, ive seen him in other threads and he says nothing good

if you think size 6 is "fat" then why not try wearing loose fit jeans and a t-shirt instead of a dress?
then you can keep on working on your weight if you want

its easier said than done but try to be less self conscious

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'm sick of worrying about my weight too.

I'm a size 14/16/18, depending on where I get my clothes.

3,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Being a size 6 doesn't make you look fat at all, it shouldn't matter what society thinks of you at all. I'm a size 12, and I'm 159 pounds which is normal for a girl who's 5ft 9 3/4 Inches tall. If you think size 6 is fat then you need to stop paying so much attention ot the media, there's a lot of negative things out there who think anything above a five is considered "fat", but there are ads out there that say its ok to be the size you are. One example is the Dove Commericals and an amazing show called Ugly Betty are great examples of showing women of different sizes. Love your body even if society doesn't, and don't worry about your freinds if you are happy they should be happy for you.
Are you talking about american or english sizes? English 6 = little size....
american 6 = that's ok too.
You be fine...
unless you think you are fat, in which case you have a problem with your mental image and you have a disorder.

EDIT: oops, says in title "us size 6".....
no, you are not fat, you are not stick thin. Where did you get the idea that you were fat from? You need to stamp out that problem.
im a size 8 or sometimes 10 so what am i a house?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff