I don't want kids 0.22187004754358 22.2% [ 140 ]
I'm pregnant! 0.077654516640254 7.8% [ 49 ]
I'm infertile 0.050713153724247 5.1% [ 32 ]
I'm just voting~ 0.3946117274168 39.5% [ 249 ]
Total Votes:[ 631 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 66 67 68

AngelBiscuits
Abyssus _Puella
Luckly, I haven't been on birth control in a couple of years, so I have a fairly good charted cycle on my phone, I cycles can be anywhere form 28-40 days, which meams the ovulation time changes. THAT of itself can be annoying, I should really get some of those ovulation test thing to be sure of when I do actually ovulation.

I feel you. My cycles can be anywhere from 42 to 150+ days so my ovulation is really hard to predict as well, but what worked for me was a combination of tracking ferning and using the OPK's. The OPK's can get a little pricety even if you're buying them in bulk so the ferning lets me know when it might be coming up. Temping is good too, but it's most useful in telling you when you have already ovulated.

I usually get cramps when I ovulate and that only reason I know its ovulation is becuase my mucus changes ALOT. Going to try just sex for a bit and if that doesn't work than getting some ovulation test and going form there. Trying not to get my hopes up too high for a while becuase I don't want to psych myself out but it's so hard because I've wanted a child for a while.

Feral Duck

11,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
heart heart heart

Popular Hunter

hi everyone!
        i'm caitlin, aka cinnamonmountain!
        I'm 21!
        I had my first son at the age of 17, to which I'm only a birth mom too.
        I was lucky enough that my mom adopted him for me because I knew at that time
        I was NOT ready.

Now here I am, 3 1/2 years later, and with my husband ready to get pregnant!
        We've been TTC since December of 2015 and haven't gotten there yet.

I've become pretty bitter in this point of TTC but trying not to be.

My husbands cousin is now pregnant with twins and my best friend might be pregnant with her 5th..

UGH.

Hi ladies lol...
Arc I am so very sorry to hear about your last year. It does seem like things are looking better for you and that is great! I wish you all the best.

My update: October 1st marks two things... my 27th birthday and 2 years of actively trying to get pregnant. Two years ago that was my gift, that we could start trying. I always loved my birthday, was one of those people who gets really excited and plans a party for myself (ha ha) but now when I think about it I just get really depressed.

My husband and I began trying at-home-insemination recently and good news... it worked! However it didnt stay. My doctor said I had a chemical pregnancy? The egg fertilized and when it moved to implant into my uterus it wasnt able to. I had two positive at home tests and went to the doctor. She said I had the pregnancy hormone in my blood but it was really, really low. They did a second test later and it was gone. So...I got pregnant and I lost it within a few days. She said most women dont even realize this has happened and its pretty common, not to worry about it meaning I have a problem. Just that since we are actively trying I managed to take an at home test in the perfect window to catch the evidence of my -almost- baby.

Ive never had a positive test. Not once in the last two years. I feel like this is cruel, to trick us this way. I spent two whole days happier than Ive ever been. Two days of thinking I was going to be a mother. This was last week. I am fighting depression right now pretty deeply.

We will continue to try.

Edit: I finally researched a checmical pregnancy. http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/chemical-pregnancy/

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So my husband saw the urologist. The guy had a lot of complaints and was pretty upset that we've been sent on this chase of sorts and still haven't really gotten anywhere after 3 years. He thinks it's mostly because of our age and he wasn't happy with that. He also wasn't happy with how the tests were done or how they were recorded, so he's referring us to the fertility clinic in the city to get some of them redone.

He's hoping this will get us faster treatment and more consistency between our tests and results. We finally got some specifics about my husband's test results, and it doesn't look like there's anything that can be done surgically, but he's confident that if they can get my irregularities sorted out then it might happen.
Two months now since my chemical and nothing. Oh well...

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Went to the fertility clinic. They told us right away that fertility drugs might not be enough and that we might have to resort immediately to IUI or ICSI. Our doctor doesn't think that we will have to go as far as IVF, but he sent us for more tests because he didn't trust the previous "diagnosis" of PCOS since they hadn't done half the testing you normally would for an official diagnosis. He still thinks that's what it is, but wants to make sure.

I had an internal ultrasound done. Turns out I have 17 cysts on my ovaries. My husband has to do one more analysis and I have to get one more blood test and then they'll figure out what treatment will be best for us to start.

I'm glad we're getting better treatment now.

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I just wanted to come back and thank everyone for their support, although the thread has been a little slow the last year, it was a nice place to be able to talk to other people going through similar things. I'll put my story under a spoiler.

I never went for that last blood test. We found out I was pregnant on the 9th of January, it was kind of just a fluke since I was taking progesterone for that blood test at just the right time and it appeared to have helped things along a little bit, had to keep taking the progesterone for a little while but all seems fine now. Unfortunately it looks like the pregnancy support thread is a bit dead. I won't post anything else about it here but I'll come back to see how everyone else is doing whenever I see there's a new post.

I just wanted to wish everyone else who is still here good luck.

Cat

7,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
How do you/anyone else in this thread feel when someone says "Adoption is not the same!"

Obviously it's not the same.. However, adopting a child is an amazing and wonderful thing many people do. smile

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
inklike
How do you/anyone else in this thread feel when someone says "Adoption is not the same!"

Obviously it's not the same.. However, adopting a child is an amazing and wonderful thing many people do. smile

Yes, it is a wonderful and amazing thing that many people do, but it is absolutely not the same and while a lot of people do want to adopt, it isn't right for everyone. Some people want to have the experience of being pregnant and giving birth on top of having a child, and adoption doesn't replace that. Sometimes people just don't want to adopt, and that's okay.

I know you mean well, but I'll mention that telling someone who is struggling to conceive that they should adopt, or even just suggesting adoption can feel like you're dismissing their feelings, and it can make people who are struggling with infertility feel bad. The suggestion can feel somewhat hurtful, dismissive or unsupportive, even though it usually isn't meant that way and most of us know that. The decision to adopt is not an easy one, to a lot of people struggling to get pregnant it feels like giving up. It's also a very long and difficult process, it's expensive and has no guarantees.

Anyway, it's just something you generally shouldn't mention to someone who opens up about infertility, unless of course they are considering adoption.

Cat

7,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
AngelBiscuits
inklike

Yes, it is a wonderful and amazing thing that many people do, but it is absolutely not the same and while a lot of people do want to adopt, it isn't right for everyone. Some people want to have the experience of being pregnant and giving birth on top of having a child, and adoption doesn't replace that. Sometimes people just don't want to adopt, and that's okay.

I know you mean well, but I'll mention that telling someone who is struggling to conceive that they should adopt, or even just suggesting adoption can feel like you're dismissing their feelings, and it can make people who are struggling with infertility feel bad. The suggestion can feel somewhat hurtful, dismissive or unsupportive, even though it usually isn't meant that way and most of us know that. The decision to adopt is not an easy one, to a lot of people struggling to get pregnant it feels like giving up. It's also a very long and difficult process, it's expensive and has no guarantees.

Anyway, it's just something you generally shouldn't mention to someone who opens up about infertility, unless of course they are considering adoption.

Yeah, I agree!

And nor would I would force or tell someone they should adopt. It's their choice, not mine!

I recall reading a thread elsewhere, the OP described a conversation with coworkers that enraged her. They told her that she and her husband should have their own children, because the adopted boy (basically) wasn't "real" or good enough. What an awful thing to say.

Darling

Hey everyone.

It's been almost another year since my last post. And it has been wild.

I have three kids! Three beautiful daughters smile .

Lilly - 15
Savannah - 2.5
Brooklyn - 14 months

I met the most amazing, hard-working man here in the city. He took care of me last year when I had to have my gallbladder removed last year, and we have really been together since. In November his two youngest daughters (listed above) came to live with us when their bio mom ran in to some trouble at home. At the end of December we decided staying at home would be best for us and the girls, so i left my job to become a stay at home mom smile we worked our butts off and found ourselves a better/bigger home, and we couldn't have been happier.... until a few weeks ago when our oldest daughter Lilly joined the gang and just filled our house ♡♡♡

Now, all of my husband's kids live with us and we couldn't be happier. I'm typing this as i watch them playing other floor in our living room, giggling and rolling around. I'm happier than I have ever been.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff