I don't want kids 0.22187004754358 22.2% [ 140 ]
I'm pregnant! 0.077654516640254 7.8% [ 49 ]
I'm infertile 0.050713153724247 5.1% [ 32 ]
I'm just voting~ 0.3946117274168 39.5% [ 249 ]
Total Votes:[ 631 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66 67 68 > >>

Darling

gaia_diamond Hello Everyonexx gaia_diamond

I am aware of the PREGNANCY SUPPORT thread. This is different. I KNOW that Pregnancy Support thread touches on TTC, but it is a little disheartening to be around pregnant women while you are TTC. Any more posts about "You should just go to the Pregnancy Support thread" will be ignored. There is a link to the thread below in the Links Out. Thank you.

Welcome!

Through my experience I've learned that it is very hard to go through trying to conceive alone. So I decided I'd open this on-going TTC thread. I wanted to give TTCers somewhere consistent share their emotions on this trying process. This thread is open for supporting anyone trying to have a baby, going through the adoption process, possibly being infertile, loss of a child, IVF, ect.

I've decided to add adoption support to our thread. The process is long. It's hard. It's stressful, and sometimes.... is even unsuccessful. Just like TTC. There are months of waiting in between each step. I am officially extending the welcome to those who are adopting. I especially encourage ones who are just starting the process to post! I would love to hear your story and progression.

Links Out

TTC with Irregular Period - Q&A to and from people who have irregular periods that are TTC or got a BFP!
        Ovulation Prediction Kits - Great for determining the LH surge just before Ovulation- Prime BD time!
        The Bump - Great resource on all things about TTC, a lot of questions can be answered here from "Are we ready?" to "I'm pregnant! What now?"
        Pregnancy Support - Another Gaia Forum with focus on Pregnancy Support!
        Baby Zone - Answers many questions about TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenthood.
        AdoptUSKids - Everything you need to know about adoption, as well as a database of waiting children! Helps direct you where to go based on where you live. A great starting point for adoptive parents smile

Darling

gaia_nitemareleft Rulesxx gaia_nitemareright

1) Do NOT be negative in this thread. This is for support! Share your experiences, and receive condolences, but no one is to flame, troll, or belittle anyone for any circumstance.
        2) If you are pregnant while you are encouraged to spread your hope and share your TTC success story, please try not to rub your pregnancy in everyone's face. It is very hurtful when some one is complaining about being pregnant when what you want most in the world is to be in their shoes. Think before you post.
        3) I'd prefer this to be an 18+ thread. I do not encourage teen pregnancy.
        4) I will add more as I see fit.

Darling

gaia_gaiagold Trying To Conceive Acronym Dictionary:xx gaia_gaiagold

TTC : Trying To Conceive
        OPK: Ovulation Prediction Kit
        HPT: Home Pregnancy Test
        BBT: Basal Body Temperature
        POAS: Pee On A Stick
        BD: Baby Dance (Intercourse)
        BFN: Big Fat Negative
        BFP: Big Fat Positive
        AF: Aunt Flow (Period)
        DPO: Days Past Ovulation
        DH: Dear Husband
        DD: Dear Daughter
        DS: Dear Son
        EDD: Estimated Due Date

Darling

gaia_crown Who's Trying To Conceive?xx gaia_crown
        - PKMN Breeder Mandy
        - Pink Peppercorn
        - AngelBiscuits
        - Liz Licious V2
        - Darth Kosher
        - Erholung
        - spacekitten

gaia_kittenstar Who's Pregnant?xx gaia_kittenstar
        - Goondoggle
        - Bootiful Lia
        - Shadowed Prayer
        - Sakura Takafumi
        - Faerie Dreams
        - xXZirkannia

gaia_spoons Who has children?xx gaia_spoons
        - thedizzybear has a son named Samuel!
        - Faerie Dreams has a son named Cyrus!
        - AraTeran has a son named Gerard!
        - Mississippi Black Velvet has a daughter named Sophia!
        - Sullen DarkLight has a daughter named Scarlett!
        - Shadowed Prayer has a daughter named Amelia!
        - Erholung has two sons named Chad and Daron!
        - Liz Licious V2 has twin daughters!

gaia_angelleft Angelsxx gaia_angelright
        - Chesney Ann-Marie

emotion_bandaid Adoptingxx emotion_bandaid
        - || a r c ||

Want to be added to a list? Post your information!

Darling

gaia_star My Personal Story and Progressxx gaia_star
        O5.29.2O15 || There's a lot to update here. I am not longer TTC or adopting, or NTNP. My husband and I are getting divorced. This all started just a few days after I found out I have PCOS. For a month we tried to work things out, however it seems we are just going our separate ways. I've moved back in with my parents and he's moved to another city, getting back together is out of the question. Obviously is not how I expected this story to end. Perhaps this is less an ending and more of an intermission. We'll see. Please everyone continue to post and give support. I will still be popping in from time to time and catching up with the thread. I realize I should update on the fertility issues, too, in case anyone following this story has similar issues and may be seeking advice. I have still not had a period since August 2O14. When I went back for my appointment on March 17th she put me on Citalopram for depression. I asked if I should begin birth control to regulate my cycle and she suggested not doing that so we could find a way to "fix" my infertility. She has me taking the extended release Metformin twice a day now. I'll be going back in soon to get my labs re-drawn as we did not get them done during that appointment.

O2.16.2O15 || The clinic called, starting the conversation with "It looks like you do have PCOS..." she continued on with saying my thyroid was fine, and I no longer needed thyroid medication. I'm being put on an extended release Metformin that I'll take at night, and I have to start taking Vitamin D supplements because it was low. I go back on March 17th at 9:30am for another lab.

O2.1O.2O15 || Welp.... pretty much right back where I started. On the Levothyroxine again and Metformin and Prenatal Vitamins. When the blood work from today comes back I'll schedule another lab 3 months ahead. She wants me to go on a diabetic diet and is treating me like I have PCOS for now. Guess it's more waiting.

O1.28.2O15 || Since I have a feeling it will be a while before I will get in to see the R.E. I decided to go ahead and schedule an appointment with my GP to see if there was anything she can test further. Besides, as of right now my Levothyroxine has expired and I had to get a new GP since we finally got our new insurance, so I'll have to get labs done. My next appointment is February 10th!

O1.26.2O15 || It's a new year! New plans, new ideas... new new new. Although my husband and I have decided to adopt my infertility issues are still a concern. Since it has officially been over 6 months since my last cycle we have decided it's time to see if we can get in to see an R.E. that is nearby (a little over an hour away). Wish us luck!

12.O2.2O14 || Been a while since I updated! Sorry about that! Have not had a period since August, I am pretty sure the cysts came back. I've been so busy with school and waiting for that insurance card that I haven't had time to go see a doctor about it. I will try to go during winter break. On another note, we are officially no longer TTC, and are now NTNP. We have decided to adopt.

O7.29.2O14 || It's officially been a year since I started the thread! Happy 1 year anniversary everyone!

O5.O9.2O14 || Got my acceptance letter today, looks like I'm going to go back to school! May be switching to NTNP.

O5.O8.2O14 || Today was my post op appointment, it went pretty quick!! Basic questions about pain and such, and we decided that taking the Metformin twice a day was better than three since it was making me miserable with sickness. They did a pathology test on the cyst and did not find any concerning cells! Woot! Now it's just a matter of baby making! She told me that she doesn't need to see me again until we get pregnant. Yaaay!

O4.24.2O14 || Okay, so the surgery was two days ago. I could go in to every little detail but that would be boring as everything went so perfectly smooth!! Recovering smoothly as well, too! It does hurt a bit but I have been taking Aleve and it helps a bit. I was not prescribed any pain medication o-o. All I know right now is that they removed the cyst from my right ovary and that my tubes are open/clear. My doctor came out and explained everything to my husband while my mom was in the bathroom, unfortunately this means all the details are gone (cause ya'll know how men are hahah). I'll know more during my post-op appointment in May. Until then just taking it easy! Also I think that the hospital wrist band I got I will keep as the first big step we took for our child, and will some day put it in a scrap book (along with the picture I uploaded on facebook "Just woe up" haha!)

O4.1O.2O14 || The surgery scheduler person called me this morning and said they had a cancellation and asked if I'd like to move my appointment up to April 22nd. I said HELL YEAH!!! Sooo now it will all be completed on the Tuesday after next o_o omg omg omg!!

O4.O9.2O14 || Finally got my surgery scheduled! On April 3Oth I will get a pre-op phone call explaining (again) when I stop eating, what my allergies are, ect. My surgery will be May 6th at 11am, however I have to be there at 8:45am @_@ She said it should only take about 45 minutes, dye study included! biggrin then I will have a post-op appointment May 23rd at 11am. I'm nervous/excited all at the same time. More excited right now but I'm sure once the day comes and they're hooking me up I'll start to be really nervous.

O4.O1.2O14 || The Women's Health Clinic called and said that April is all booked up, and the appointment calender wouldn't be available for May until later this week. The woman over the phone said that I should be getting a call sometime this week or at the latest next Monday, and guaranteed my surgery would be in May. In other news, my Sister from Another Mister had her second child today (you can see the announcement of her pregnancy in the very first update from this thread!) got to hold her for a bit when I brought her big sister by to visit (I am sitting for them while they are in the hospital).

O3.28.2O14 || Looks like I will be getting surgery to remove the cyst from my ovary. I was also prescribed 500mg Metformin to take with dinner for 7 days. After 7 days I will up my dose to 1000mg by taking a tablet with breakfast and with dinner for two weeks. After the two weeks I will begin taking 1,500mg daily, one with each meal. If my body can handle that amount they will switch my dosage to a time release capsule to take once daily again. It sounds a little complicated but the more times I explain it the simpler it seems. I will be getting a call from the clinic to find out when my surgery will be soon, so that announcement will come later. During the surgery they will also be filling my uterus with dye to make sure my fallopian tubes are open. After surgery the doctor wants to do more blood work to check my hormones and thyroid and such. She also wants me to start taking my Levothyroxine 50mcg tabs again (I had stop taken them in January because of various reasons...). I was also told that the Metformin may (for the short version) make me feel like crap, and can take up to 6 months before it begins to regulate my cycles.

O3.2O.2O14 || Got a call from the Women's Health Clinic today from a nurse who said the doctor has gone over my ultra sound pictures. She said the cyst has gotten a little big bigger and asked if I was having discomfort. I told her I was occasionally having some pinching pain. She then asked if I wanted to schedule an appointment to speak with the doctor about my options on moving forward with getting rid of the cyst and of COURSE I said YES! So my next appointment is March 28th at 9am. I will update you guys then!

O3.O6.2O14 || Well, it's been four months, and the follow up appointment finally came. No official news yet, but the ultrasound technician said that the cyst looks pretty much the same. She couldn't find my left ovary, though. So I don't know what that means. Also the doctor that told me not to tell anyone I was trying to get pregnant apparently left the clinic I was going to and didn't inform his patients so I have no idea (yet again) who my next doctor is going to be. I was told I should receive a call by Monday or Tuesday with what is going to happen next. My thoughts on all this: I've waited four months to be told the exact same thing and I'm still in the dark and don't know what's going on.

11.O6.2O13 || Follow up appointment with doctor on my ultra sound results. He said due that it could possibly be a symptom of my thyroid, but basically told me not to tell anyone that I'm trying to get pregnant because I wouldn't want to hear "where's my baby?" or "where's my grandbaby?". We've scheduled a follow up trans-vaginal ultra-sound in 4 months; March 6th at 8am. They will take a closer look at my cyst. It's at 6cm right now and he said he only feels surgery is neccissary when it gets to 10cm; at that point it would become heavy enough to twist the ovary. He also said that doing this surgery could result in infertility due to scarring. He also told me to put away my OPK's and not to waste my money on them for now. I suppose there is still hope, but not until next year....

1O.19.2O13 || Ultra-Sound results & pap smear results. They found a large cyst on my right ovary, will be getting a call back soon on another appointment with my doctor. Also seem to have a bacterial infection. OH, and I got married c:

1O.16.2O13 || Had an Ultra-Sound yesterday, they took many pictures of my uterus and ovaries, and explained the pictures would be sent to my doctor and I would receive results in the next few days.

1O.O9.2O13 || Received lab results; free testosterone levels appear slightly elevated but over all normal. Thyroid low, prescribed 50mcg Synthroid.

1O.O4.2O13 || Got a call from the Doctor's Office! My Ultrasound is scheduled at 7am on October 15th, going to take a look at dem ovaries!

O9.3O.2O13 || Follow up appointment! Pap smear, flu shot, blood drawn, more questions, and more waiting. Testing my Thyroid and Hormones. Waiting for call back on results.

O9.O9.2O13 || Preconception appointment! Discussed issues with my cycle. My Doctor stated it sounded like PCOS and we've set up another appointment on September 3Oth for more testing.

O7.31.2O13 || 50 count OPK came in!

O7.29.2O13 || Me and my husband have been TTC (Trying To Conceive) for a few years, on and off. After about 6 months of trying we sort of piddled out and lost hope. We had tried various methods including OPKs (Ovulation Prediction Kits), HFTs (Home Fertility Tests), many different positions, I quit smoking, I changed my diet, I took vitamins, however nothing seemed to work. I have an irregular cycle and it's hard to determine fertile days or charting, or knowing when to take a HPT (Home Pregnancy Test). I joined support forums and researched. I spoke in TTC chats with women who'd been trying for years. It had gotten to a point where it was frustrating and stressful, so we decided "If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't; it doesn't." And that's sort of where we'd left it. It tore me up inside, each month hoping and praying, silently. I didn't want to tell my family and friends because I had already been disappointed, and didn't want to hear them asking about our progress, nor did I want to hear anyone's objections to our decision to TTC.

I began trying to convince myself by telling other people that we didn't want kids, we wanted to be child-free and explore the world without the burden of "family" life. But it was tearing me up inside. My friends started their families, announced their pregnancies, greeted their children to the world, announced their second pregnancies, and so on. I've been excluded from events because they were geared towards having fun with your kids. I've been been invited to "Girls Nights" where everyone brings their daughters- except me (literally, only me) and finally, when my best friend announced to everyone a few days ago that she was pregnant with her second child, she called me personally to tell me. Over the phone I tried to sound as excited as I could. I am incredibly happy for her, but after I crawled in to bed and cried myself to sleep. I couldn't take it anymore.

So I opened up to her, I told her that for years I've longed to have a family and despite trying nothing has ever happened. Many people recommend "Oh just go to a fertility Doctor," but you see it's not that simple; yes, I have health insurance, but it's mostly for when you're ill and not wanting to get special treatments. I'm unsure of the cost to get my fertility tested but just thinking about what the procedure consists of is a scary thought to me, so I have not gone. My biggest fear is walking in there and getting told I can't become pregnant.

My friend welcomed the thought with big open arms and told me she wanted me to experience the joy of parenthood and the bond formed between myself and my husband through having a child. I started to cry I was so happy to hear those words- for the first time I had some one to talk to about TTC. This is why I created this support thread.

Dapper Genius

7,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Have you tried at different times of the month using your period as reference?

Ladykiller

Best of luck to you and the hub! The medical world is ever evolving, don't lose hope.

Darling

spazzi dumpling
        As I said this is very difficult for me because my cycle is so irregular; there are times where I can go 3-4 months without a spot of blood, or two weeks strait of steady flow.

For me using my cycle as a reference is impossible :c

I am thinking of trying BBT (Basal Body Temperature); though I've heard it's not very accurate and doesn't work for a lot of people. You're supposed to take your temp with a BBT thermometer when you FIRST wake up, like, literally before you even sit up in bed. It's hard to remember haha.

Darling

Zombie Spider Fiend
Best of luck to you and the hub! The medical world is ever evolving, don't lose hope.
        Thank you so much for your support! <3

Dapper Genius

7,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
II a r c II
spazzi dumpling
        As I said this is very difficult for me because my cycle is so irregular; there are times where I can go 3-4 months without a spot of blood, or two weeks strait of steady flow.

I am thinking of trying BBT (Basal Body Temperature); though I've heard it's not very accurate and doesn't work for a lot of people. You're supposed to take your temp with a BBT thermometer when you FIRST wake up, like, literally before you even sit up in bed. It's hard to remember haha.

How long has your period been irregular?

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Why are you making this thread again?

Darling

spazzi dumpling
II a r c II
spazzi dumpling

Since it started. =/ The only time it evened out was when I was on Birth Control at 16 years old.

Darling

Jazin Kay
Why are you making this thread again?
        To give an receive support. It can be very emotional when you have been trying to have a baby and you have another negative month. It helps to have some one to talk to.

Dapper Genius

7,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
II a r c II
spazzi dumpling
II a r c II
spazzi dumpling

Since it started. =/ The only time it evened out was when I was on Birth Control at 16 years old.
Honestly it sounds like some sort of hormone deficiency. I'm no medical doctor, but it could have something to do with your hormones?

Darling

spazzi dumpling
        I don't know, even since my first pap smear when they ask "When was your last period" and I always say "I have an irregular cycle, it's hard to remember," they push me to estimate. They've never made any sort of diagnosis about it.

I am thinking that a year from now if we have still had difficulty becoming pregnant I will see a fertility specialist. I'm terrified, honestly, but I guess it's sort of like going to the dentist hah.... Scary!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff